Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hamstercharger?

Comment

So are you in touch with the turbonetics california facility??? Let me know when you finalize the design so I can visit the facility and check out your masterpiece.

Borg warner new efr wheels
      Background story on the concept, development, and testing of the new BorgWarner turbocharger series, EFR

If you manage to design something these guys haven't thought of. The world of forced induction will be in your debt. However I would suggest investing in some m.e. courses.

Comment

I know of a way to have zero lag aswell, It's called displacement. Or a electric hairdryer, never turn it off.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
        VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Wow, that Borg Warner EFR series is amazing. I am going with one of those next year.

And I don't know why the OP posted before there was anything he was able to show. It seems pointless and setup to fail if he REALLY is building something.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
            Belt driven turbo with an overriding clutch. Boom, there's your idea. I've been thinking of it for years.
            I believe that has been done already on some big two-stroke EMDs. (well, not belt, gear but the same idea)

Speaking of turbo design, anybody get a good look at the new turbo on the Ford powerchokes? Impressive!
            -Dave
            2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Comment

OP is going to give us a tast of his skillz.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by stknrvrs View Post
                  i have a company that doesnt even know how it works they just know the benefits of what it does and i have their director of marketing and research calling my cell and giving me his cell saying as soon as i have a patent and personal property rights they would like to move forward with it. why waste my money on building a prototype of my own when they can absorb cost of building it and proving that it works.

Dude, keep spewing this BS and dig yourself deeper, please... it is genuinely entertaining. I'm really not trying to be an ass, but there are a few things stacked against you here: You don't know the very basics of thermo, fluid dynamics, energy transfer etc. etc. etc. How are you going to revolutionize the turbocharger when there have literally been thousands of brilliant minds doing so for decades -- especially when you say how unbelievably simple it is.

I respect ingenuity and such, but only in a realistic scope.

Comment

Originally posted by stknrvrs View Post
                    also i kinda wanna take one of these new tablets and run megasquirt on it and mount it into a dash. would be pretty cool. touchscreen megasquirt with wireless internet and everything else you can do with a tablet right there in your dash. almost as awesome as the nissan with the built in xbow 360.
                    you don't run megasquirt on a computer. lol
                    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

He did not come here to hear about how you think he is talking bullshit or how you know more about turbo's then him when non of us really know him.

Anyways I unfortunately can not help you. But I am thinking of turbo charging the M42 next year if you want a car to test on.

Good Luck
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                        I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

He did not come here to hear about how you think he is talking bullshit or how you know more about turbo's then him when non of us really know him.

Anyways I unfortunately can not help you. But I am thinking of turbo charging the M42 next year if you want a car to test on.

Good Luck
                        You don't talk to americans on a daily basis, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxx_ View Post
                          you don't run megasquirt on a computer. lol
                          What do you think that big 'ol black chip is? (but I know what you were saying...not that it matters, this thread is so fucked anyways)

Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            What do you think that big 'ol black chip is?

harrrrrrrrr okay fair enough

Comment

I bet you have intentions for some double generator/electro exhaust gizmo doodad. Free Powah!
                              "The fabric of safety, drowned in resin..." - KevlarWeave

Comment

Why don't they attach generators to the wheels of electric cars and use that power to charge the batteries!?!?!!?! Oh wait......

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                                X