Any one heard of these coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one heard of these coilovers?

I wanna run these in my 92 318 ic! Anyone know if thell fit?

Yes, they are junk.

Then pair them with Bilstein Sports or Koni Sports. Do it right the first time and save money in the long run.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
      Yes, they are junk.

Then pair them with Bilstein Sports or Koni Sports. Do it right the first time and save money in the long run.
      How do you justify them being junk?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
        You're kidding right?

Look at the design of the springs, also they don't offer the rates of the springs. So that right there means they are just after market cheap junk. You will notice with quality after market providers(GC, H&R, KW, B&G etc) will list the rates. That is because they build suspension parts. This place just offers soft springs and shocks that will blow out. Good way to get low and will do just that, in the long run he will not be happy.

Also that "2 year manufacturers guarantee" makes everything seem top notch. It is just their word they won't shit out.

A cabby weighs more then a sedan or coupe, thus needing stiffer springs and better struts and shocks. I know this because I own one.

Last but not least my buddy had them on his MK3 and were TRASH. The ride was sloppy and bounced. So I can tell you first hand by being in that they are junk. They were replaced by B&G RS2 coils.

But in the end it is not my money and the OP can buy what he wants. He asked for advice and I gave it. IMO suspension is not where you pinch pennys.
        Last edited by F34R; 03-13-2011, 07:11 PM.

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

He has a point, but I would love to hear what someone who has actually tried the product has to say and not just listen to hearsay.

Not to insult you, E30 F34R.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          ---------------------------------
          89 E30 S52
          ---------------------------------
          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
            They're on eBay. Thats how.
            S52 Swap

Shtuff For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
              He has a point, but I would love to hear what someone who has actually tried the product has to say and not just listen to hearsay.

Not to insult you, E30 F34R.
              "Last but not least my buddy had them on his MK3 and were TRASH. The ride was sloppy and bounced. So I can tell you first hand by being in that they are junk. They were replaced by B&G RS2 coils."

No insult taken.

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Well they do LOOK like junk, but OP, I suggest you read through the JOM coilover group buy thread in the retail/classified section, there is a ton of people that chime in on their experiences.

Also, search before asking. You would have almost immediately found the thread I am talking about.

EDIT: Apparently there is a group buy section now. There is a second group buy on JOM coilovers in there. Maybe the first GB got moved in there, I don't know.

But seriously, look at them. They scream junk. No names, no stickers, no stamping? Most of all, no adjustability and no spring rates, and most of ALL, look at the price. ~400 for complete coilovers should throw up a red flag, when you know that a decent set of coilovers goes for $1500-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                  "Last but not least my buddy had them on his MK3 and were TRASH. The ride was sloppy and bounced. So I can tell you first hand by being in that they are junk. They were replaced by B&G RS2 coils."

No insult taken.
                  I think he was referring to someone that had them on a E30. The ride would likely be quite a bit different. The folks that did the group buys seem to be happy with them.

I was curious about these, but I don't know if the drop is enough for me. I'm still trying to see if Stratmosphere can get me some VMaxx. Honestly, if you want cheap and low, VMaxx is the way to go. I was really impressed with the ones some of my friends had in the MINI community.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    Well they do LOOK like junk, but OP, I suggest you read through the JOM coilover group buy thread in the retail/classified section, there is a ton of people that chime in on their experiences.

Also, search before asking. You would have almost immediately found the thread I am talking about.

EDIT: Apparently there is a group buy section now. There is a second group buy on JOM coilovers in there. Maybe the first GB got moved in there, I don't know.

But seriously, look at them. They scream junk. No names, no stickers, no stamping? Most of all, no adjustability and no spring rates, and most of ALL, look at the price. ~400 for complete coilovers should throw up a red flag, when you know that a decent set of coilovers goes for $1500-2000.
                    See my previous post. I had KW V1's on my R56, they were great (~$1300 on sale). But the VMaxx coilovers for the R56 are only $600. I thought the same thing about them being junk because of the price, but was really impressed when I got a ride in my friends' cars with them. Granted, they are NOT KW's, by any stretch. But they are great coils for a DD. Just some food for thought.
                    sigpic

Comment

It would be very interesting to know how good the JOM coils really are, they smell like junk, but hey, they could be a great deal for the price. I can't say for certain since I don't have first hand experience, I can only speculate.

Comment

Originally posted by coreyw
                        They're on eBay. Thats how.
                        lol
                        experience has lead me to believe this is a good, general rule.
                        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

I was about to say there is two huge fucking threads on these coilovers, search. god damnit.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

I just installed these coils on my vert, they were the vert specific springs and they felt very stiff. (at least 650 front 750 rear) the fronts came down pretty good tucking tire, however the rears not so much. I removed both the top and bottom spring mount things, and I'll most likely remove the adjuster itself if they don't settle pretty soon. The shocks felt like toys compaired to my blown bilsteins. I'll update you guys once I get some mileage on them. I destroyed both my tie rods trying to free them from my strut....

`92 325 vert - `90 325 coupe `99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

Working...
                              X