No announcement yet.

Joaquin Perez still selling clones of my E.A.T. chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark, lets hope his PM "got a hot deal scam has been squashed"!!!!!! I bought some stuff 3 years ago from him on E Bay and he was a good seller with good parts. O Well!! But its like my vert. cage and headers, it could be copied and this proves people are people, this has been going on forever. Patents cost $$$$ to inforce. And yes, TROLL and WIKKI have retired!
    Last edited by TimR; 04-02-2011, 07:18 AM. Reason: info

Comment

So everyone is mad because MarkD had his chip copied and sold for 1/100th of the price? I am not knocking price, my point is you have Ary over here selling knock-off wheels but no one is trying to get on him about it. He is selling all those BBS RS reps/type A reps, hella smoked smiley reps, why is that okay but the guy selling MarkD chip reps is not. This is customer service aside, I am strictly talking about reproducing and profiting off of it. MarkD did do the work of tuning the chips, and yet is shitty to have it taken from him. MarkD's chips are what 300 dollars? This guy is selling them for 40, Borbet type As are 1100 dollars new? Ary is selling them for 700 dollars I believe, you getting my drift?

Mark from what I hear about your chips you make an awesome product, and many say it's worth the money. Maybe if you were to lower the price, more people would come flocking to you which would in turn make you more money. Hypothetically your chips are 400 dollars, few people (maybe 10) buy them a month. Think about it if the price was lowered to 250 you might sell upwards of 20+ a month. Remember that was all hypothetical shit, not based on anything real.

Flamesuit:ON

EDIT: Just went back a page and saw about your sale you have going on, that's exactly my point. Your sales picked up a lot because of a lower price, imagine if you had a lower price the whole time. Monies in the bank.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

That is wheels, there is a difference when you sell knock off performance chips that do next to nothing. Knock off wheels make you look dumb, but buying a knock off chip means you're dumb.

I would rather pay more for Mark's then pay less for nothing.

His are around 229 for the E30. http://www.dsylva-tech.ca/ that is MUCH cheaper then the Miller I am buying.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Why the fuck wouldn't Mark be shitty that someone is stealing his work........?

Originally posted by Ryan...
          It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

You have a point, dreamchasin, but there is still a difference. It is one thing to sell REPLICA wheels and openly call them such. It is something completely different to say, "I have a used set of real Borbets for sale" when in actuality they are fakes.

I'm not saying that it would be cool for someone to sell a replica MarkD chip, but at least it would be honest. That way the buyer could take into consideration that the quality is likely a bit lower, just like replica wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamchasin View Post
              So everyone is mad because MarkD had his chip copied and sold for 1/100th of the price? I am not knocking price, my point is you have Ary over here selling knock-off wheels but no one is trying to get on him about it. He is selling all those BBS RS reps/type A reps, hella smoked smiley reps, why is that okay but the guy selling MarkD chip reps is not. This is customer service aside, I am strictly talking about reproducing and profiting off of it. MarkD did do the work of tuning the chips, and yet is shitty to have it taken from him. MarkD's chips are what 300 dollars? This guy is selling them for 40, Borbet type As are 1100 dollars new? Ary is selling them for 700 dollars I believe, you getting my drift?

Mark from what I hear about your chips you make an awesome product, and many say it's worth the money. Maybe if you were to lower the price, more people would come flocking to you which would in turn make you more money. Hypothetically your chips are 400 dollars, few people (maybe 10) buy them a month. Think about it if the price was lowered to 250 you might sell upwards of 20+ a month. Remember that was all hypothetical shit, not based on anything real.

Flamesuit:ON

EDIT: Just went back a page and saw about your sale you have going on, that's exactly my point. Your sales picked up a lot because of a lower price, imagine if you had a lower price the whole time. Monies in the bank.
              Apples and Oranges. Copies of Mark D chips are carbon copies, the person who is copying them doesn't do anything but read the chip and burn them onto thousands of cheap ROM's. It would be like paying for pirated movies or MP3s, thinking you were buying the real deal.

Replica wheels are obviously different, for one you know before you buy them that they are replicas. the manufacturer also has to actually design & make them, not merely pass them through a photocopier device and reap the rewards of the hard work of others. There's a reason they're cheaper - the quality is lower. the reason chip copies are cheaper is because the person making them doesn't have to put any real work into it. it's like counterfeiting money..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

When Borbet come to the R3V and starts defending its original products, we'll talk about it. Until then feel free to shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                  Why the fuck wouldn't Mark be shitty that someone is stealing his work........?
                  Who said he shouldn't be mad? If you are saying this towards what I said, I think you should re-read it.

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  Apples and Oranges. Copies of Mark D chips are carbon copies, the person who is copying them doesn't do anything but read the chip and burn them onto thousands of cheap ROM's. It would be like paying for pirated movies or MP3s, thinking you were buying the real deal.

Replica wheels are obviously different, for one you know before you buy them that they are replicas. the manufacturer also has to actually design & make them, not merely pass them through a photocopier device and reap the rewards of the hard work of others. There's a reason they're cheaper - the quality is lower. the reason chip copies are cheaper is because the person making them doesn't have to put any real work into it. it's like counterfeiting money..
                  I agree with you, but (using Borbet as an example) Borbet designed the Type A, that design was essentially stolen from them and remade. There was no thought of "how are we going to design a new wheel", it was "let's steal this design and sell it for less to profit off someone else' real work".

Now let me try M-tech 2's as an example, from what I have heard, the real genuine kit is/was molded and then the mold was used as a template to fiberglass it. So I think that might be a closer match to what's going on here. I am not 100% sure about the molding of a real kit to imitate it, just going off word of mouth so don't hold this one against me.

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                  When Borbet come to the R3V and starts defending its original products, we'll talk about it. Until then feel free to shut the fuck up.
                  People like you are the reason things like this get out of hand, if you don't have anything civil to say you should be the one to "shut the fuck up", and in reality making yourself look like a fool. I am on both sides of this, I don't like when people get their work stolen, I am against replicas, hence why I am selling my replica m-tech2.

MarkD, I am not against you, technically defending you but in an odd way. If the sale happens to go on til the 28th, you will have a payment from me for an M50NV chip.

Comment

mtech II were replicated bc BMW discontinued the production of the parts and they are only available through a vehicle's vin that is originally equipped. Technically, every one of these companies, including BMW, have a right to sue and/or dispute the issue with a clone/replicating manufacturer given they had no permission to do this. As long as it is within their patents. my guess is they choose not to b/c you get what you pay for and people know it. For your wheel example, Rota would be another good one. They replicate the designs of higher brand wheels but use a softer, cheaper grade aluminum.
                    Same as the chips. I think that was the point Nando is trying to across.

Perez took someone else's work without permission and copied it onto a 'blank' chip so to speak. If other manufacturers have not spoke out about this issue, that is their prerogative. MarkD is just exercising his right.

It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                      mtech II were replicated bc BMW discontinued the production of the parts and they are only available through a vehicle's vin that is originally equipped. Technically, every one of these companies, including BMW, have a right to sue and/or dispute the issue with a clone/replicating manufacturer given they had no permission to do this. As long as it is within their patents. my guess is they choose not to b/c you get what you pay for and people know it. For your wheel example, Rota would be another good one. They replicate the designs of higher brand wheels but use a softer, cheaper grade aluminum.
                      Same as the chips. I think that was the point Nando is trying to across.

Perez took someone else's work without permission and copied it onto a 'blank' chip so to speak. If other manufacturers have not spoke out about this issue, that is their prerogative. MarkD is just exercising his right.
                      Even the production being discontinued doesn't mean it's more in the "right" to replicate it.

And I agree, MarkD does have every right to exercise it, my problem is not with him. My problem is everyone on here going against this Perez guy for copying MarkD's chips but no one does/says anything about Ary selling replica parts, only a few say something here and there.

In fact I HOPE MarkD can do something about it because the fact of cheating someone out of their hard work is fucked up. I hope MarkD can sue the shit out of the guy and gain his losses from it.

Comment

Even the production being discontinued doesn't mean it's more in the "right" to replicate it.

And I agree, MarkD does have every right to exercise it, my problem is not with him. My problem is everyone on here going against this Perez guy for copying MarkD's chips but no one does/says anything about Ary selling replica parts, only a few say something here and there.

In fact I HOPE MarkD can do something about it because the fact of cheating someone out of their hard work is fucked up. I hope MarkD can sue the shit out of the guy and gain his losses from it.
                        I never said it made it more "right". I was just stating facts. I don't think many people give a shit bc they like cheap parts and can't afford the real thing. not to mention, there are quite a bit of parts that Ary sells where the 'real deal' is hard to come by brand new or even used. There ARE some things I don't agree with Ary selling, but at the same time I can't hate on the guy bc he has given a lot to this community by servicing, doing custom work, and assisting people on the forum with advice.

Perez hasn't done shit for any enthusiasts. As far as I know, he is just trying to make a quick buck off guys that don't know any better. Perez clearly states his chips will do everything mark's are capable of and that is not the case. I agree with you in the fact that Ary is selling parts copied by other designers, but I don't agree with you that people should be jumping his shit. He's not calling them the real deal. He states their replicas. Perez is making clone chips and calling them REAL markD chips.

Comment

Working...
                        X