Looking for a good trailer hitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a good trailer hitch

Looking for a class 1 hitch for my 1990 325i, anyone know a good one?

yes. the brand you're looking for is disdik. disdik makes a solid hitch for you to strap your bottom onto.

BURNED.

Comment

I bought the http://www.curtmfg.com/ curt e30 trailer hitch. The thing is beefy - considering it's a class 1. I haven't installed it yet - but I'm hoping that I can use it with a light utility trailer to do some home improvement projects with it. Buying a truck isn't where I want to be sinking money into. Plus I'll have something to tow my Kart with ;)
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

They are on ebay, search for "bmw hitch" - HTH
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

What about the euro style hitch? It's .08 of an inch smaller than a 2in ball. People haven't had any issues using a US 2in hitch on it. I'm willing to go this method on mine because one I don't have to cut my M-tech, two it's detachable, and three I think it looks better.

Comment

This one has worked quite well for me. Someone on here was selling a similar one.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I've got one, you want to buy it? I don't think I'm going to use it anytime soon, I wanted to make a tire trailer but I have other priorities right now.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                I've got one, you want to buy it? I don't think I'm going to use it anytime soon, I wanted to make a tire trailer but I have other priorities right now.
                PM me with details and pics if you have them! Thanks

I guess im really looking for one that isn't very obvious besides the ball....

Comment

Originally posted by efreak View Post
                  I guess im really looking for one that isn't very obvious besides the ball....
                  If I can't find one, i'll probly make one, think theres a market for them? I might make a jig...

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
                    What about the euro style hitch? It's .08 of an inch smaller than a 2in ball. People haven't had any issues using a US 2in hitch on it. I'm willing to go this method on mine because one I don't have to cut my M-tech, two it's detachable, and three I think it looks better.

I think part of the reason is bc these are next to impossible to find and ship to the states. I have one though muhahahaha.
                    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

hmm my car could use another ball

]Real sht

Comment

How is the electrical components hooked up? And does anyone know if the E36 bumper spacing is the same or close to E30?
                        [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

You can get euro hitches new here:

You will also need a wiring converter like this:

Euro cars have separate turn and brake lights, but US cars/trailers are combined, so you need the converter box to make it work.

Comment

So, I just picked up an OEM wiring set. Good, worthless?

Also thank's for the tow bar information, I was getting ready to make my own.

[/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

That is useless because it is a euro plug. Like I said before, you need a converter to "mix" the turn signals and the brake lights, unless you want to make your trailer have euro lights.

Comment

Working...
                              X