No announcement yet.

Possible first e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect time to get that in a manual swap ! Buy some JOM coilovers and your set.
    Your numbers look correct, Tranny doesn't go over $600 for the most. Well that is what I have been seeing.
    WTB E30. Right now $1500+ Vert or 4 door only.

Price range will increase every month.

Comment

Some guy bought the 700 e30 before i did or he took it down again..

and I understand that e30s are a car you HAVE to work on, or need money to get someone to work on it thats why I want it. I want it to be the car I can work on, and be proud of and have many sources to help me with my car if anything were to go wrong.

But back to the car, I have heard all the stuff you guys say waht rust can do and what happens from it, but honestly I'm a student and going south for my first car is a bit too much. Should I first check out first and see the rust or should I just forget it?

Comment

This E30 hunt is gonna be a while i was trying to schedule a meeting with the owner of this other e30 i found and this is what he says

"No its not, i already know what they are going to tell you and the car needs work done thats why im selling it for so cheap and i dont want u buying the car thinking its ready for the road, im looking for a serious buyer and i dont want to waste our time."

Help me out guys, should i just leave this guy or?

Comment

Originally posted by Giormelo View Post
          This E30 hunt is gonna be a while i was trying to schedule a meeting with the owner of this other e30 i found and this is what he says

"No its not, i already know what they are going to tell you and the car needs work done thats why im selling it for so cheap and i dont want u buying the car thinking its ready for the road, im looking for a serious buyer and i dont want to waste our time."

Help me out guys, should i just leave this guy or?
          what do you want us to say? either you're going to have to work on the car, or you're going to have to pay someone to work on the car.

when i was e30 hunting in california the price scheme seemed to be something like:
          <$1000 maybe running, needs work
          <$2000 definitely running, needs some work
          <$3000 runs strong, needs little to no major work
          >$3000 rust free, clean title, straight body, minor problems only

Comment

why haven't you bought this yet!!

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

I FULLY realise every e30 needs work, but the whole reason i was trying to see this car is to see how MUCH work is needed on this car, but clearly he doesnt want me to see it and i dont want to buy an e30 is far beyond my bydget to repair

Comment

I FULLY realise every e30 needs work, but the whole reason i was trying to see this car is to see how MUCH work is needed on this car, but clearly he doesnt want me to see it and i dont want to buy an e30 is far beyond my bydget to repair
                I understand that. I find stuff always works best in person. I would have checked it out in person instead of asking to many questions, then maybe you could have negotiated the price a little if there was a lot wrong with the car.

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

Did some calculations, renting a truck from u-haul and trailer bed with the whole cost of renting everything and distance it would be about 200 - 250 with gas back and fourth. Distance is about 105 km / 65mi,

So all in all 700 for car + 200-400 tranny/rear suspension + 250 going coming back = 1350 for car

Is this worth it? There are OTHER e30s in my nearby area but double the price 2000 - 3000 and usually decent amount of rust or the owner not knowing much about the car..
                  Join AAA. They will tow you 100 miles at a time (with the RV+ membership) for free. You get 4 tows for the year and it's like $85/annually. Would be way cheaper and easier than renting that u-haul. Plus, if you get stranded it's nice to be able to call for a free tow.

I'd say go for it, the car looks clean and ready to roll. Swap a 5 speed in and have fun. Good luck.

Edit: I can't believe you didn't pull the trigger. Weak dude, that was a nice looking car.
                  - Josh
                  1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                  Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Working...
                  X