Brake Rotors/Kit?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Rotors/Kit?????

This is my ride and I'm currently looking to put bigger brakes in the back. My rear is from a 1998 318ti. Any suggestions of where I can get them so both front (97 M3 front) and rear look similar?????? thanks.
    Attached Files

You could try a brake bias valve If you feel you need more braking at the rear.
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I just want it to look the same. I have a big rotor in the front and small one the back. Trying to find what I can put in there.

Comment

Mount front M3 caliper and rotors in rear also?
        91 318is M50 swapped
        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

So it fit perfectly??? I thought there were differences? Just straight forward... i guess I'll be shopping for two m3 rear calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by alarroyo View Post
            So it fit perfectly??? I thought there were differences? Just straight forward... i guess I'll be shopping for two m3 rear calipers.
            There's more to it than that. If your master cylinder can't flow enough fluid to move the larger piston, then your rear brakes will be close to useless.

Serious question: why in the world do you want your rear brakes to visually match the fronts? I've seen some serious performance cars with a BBK in front and stock rears...
            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic49 View Post
                Yeah, it's best to go with a solution like this ^^ where the kit is engineered to work properly as a system. Oh yeah, he can supply you with plenty big rear rotors too..

Comment

Originally posted by alarroyo View Post
                  No, this doesn't work. You need M-Coupe trailing arms if you are gonna do this route, or fab up some adapters.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
                  Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
                  Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Working...
                  X