Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only VW i'd waste as much money on as my BMW

VW Corrado

My friend who was one generation ahead of me had one just before I learned how to drive and since then Ive wanted one.

Horror stories?
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Love these cars. Solid vr6 drivetrain that they used on almost all their cars as well so parts are not that hard to come by.

Comment

Theyre pretty rare considering the few sold and the short run they had.

The G60 cars apparently have horrible issues with wiring and blowing superchargers. The vr6 cars aren't so bad, but wiring still isnt the best.

They're basically considered a mk2 even though they look more like mk3's.

Luckily they aren't difficult to work on and parts are plentiful as they share many parts with passats, jettas, and golfs of that era.

If you haven't done so already and are interested in checking them out and looking for info, head to vwvortex.com and check out the corrado forum.

Comment

I agree with this thread, I want one of those so bad.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

This one was mine ( sent it off to Illinois to the new owner )

Not a bad car, mine was a 90, no sunroof, no ABS, the thing was stupid reliable put a new motor in at 250,000 miles ( because I got tired of looking at the forged piston goodness sitting on the engine stand ), had 286k when it went. Mechanically a good car, the wiring harness in them was pure crap, if the fusebox has ever been moved, look for another one. Heater cores tend to pop often also and it's a pain to do.

Comment

Yep, and R32.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Pinepig View Post
              This one was mine ( sent it off to Illinois to the new owner )

Not a bad car, mine was a 90, no sunroof, no ABS, the thing was stupid reliable put a new motor in at 250,000 miles ( because I got tired of looking at the forged piston goodness sitting on the engine stand ), had 286k when it went. Mechanically a good car, the wiring harness in them was pure crap, if the fusebox has ever been moved, look for another one. Heater cores tend to pop often also and it's a pain to do.

I'd prefer the one in the background.
              09/1989 325i 4 Door
              +M30 Swap
              +Z3 Steering Rack

Comment

Originally posted by Heysüß View Post

I still have that one, it replaced the Corrado.

Comment

Originally posted by Heysüß View Post

Yeah that's a sweet looking 02!! But I've been looking for a decent Vr6 Corrado for almost a year now, and just haven't found the right one...but I've found more than plenty g60's, which I don't want. Great cars, fun, tight, nimble, and different looking enough where you won't see another one on the road everyday!
                  BUY YOUR KLUB VINTAGE WINDOW DECALS!
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265552

Klub Vintage - Classic and specialty car builds and restorations

http://www.klubvintage.com

Located in Lambertville NJ

Comment

Had one to neu in 90 Corrado G60. Sold it after two years of ownership. To soft after having my Scirocco 2.0L for so long.

VR6 was too nose heavy for me, G60 never had the serious backing. Lyschom's unit made a great alternative when the Glader kicks the bucket. Or just replumb it for a turbo, Forged crankshaft is great.
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Cramer on here has one thats pretty well sorted. Dont know much about it, but its his other toy, besides the e30 m3 and the DD e39 m5.

They have always caught my eye. But if I was going to own something VW, it would be air-cooled.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        Had one to neu in 90 Corrado G60. Sold it after two years of ownership. To soft after having my Scirocco 2.0L for so long.

VR6 was too nose heavy for me, G60 never had the serious backing. Lyschom's unit made a great alternative when the Glader kicks the bucket. Or just replumb it for a turbo, Forged crankshaft is great.

The G60 ( supercharger ) wasn't bad if you took care of it, replace the timing belt every 40k and rebuild it every 80k, TB was 15$ Rebuild kit was 150.

There was plenty of support as long as you were willing to get some parts from Europe.

Mine was an ABA 2.0 based block with JE forged pistons at 9-1, ported head with stainless 6mm stemmed valves that necked down to 5mm in the flow, a Schrick cam specifically designed for the g60 ( 280/276 ), 65mm pulley on a ported G60 with an air to water intercooler and 42# injectors on a custom stage5 SNS chip.

Lysholms are fucking annoying, put one on a friends C and I swear to god folks would pull over to the side of the road thinking they had a fire engine behind them, even the BBM silencing kit didn't do shit.

I can talk Corrado shit all day long. I was one of THE guys in the Corrado forum for years ( screen name Pigsdofly ), hell I still have folks call me from all over to pick my brain about the C.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                          Cramer on here has one thats pretty well sorted.
                          Cramer's car is nice, haven't heard that screen name in a while.

Comment

i agree. i didnt like corrados till i saw this one!

Originally posted by HarryPotter
                            not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                            Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

They are sexy cars....but they are FWD and solid rear axle.... 2002/e30 is MORE BETTAH :)
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                              X