Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
    https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5258433352.html

Pretty neat 850i with the 6spd. Not often you see them with a manual.
    This is indeed true. I think the seller will need to adjust his expectations by about 10k for this to sell. A few months ago, I saw an 850 with manual trans, full Dinan package, real schnitzer wheels, and less miles for sale for 19k. The guy had been trying to sell it for over a year.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      i think it sounds like you are probably too young for this car right now. by what i am reading here, maybe wait until you are out of college to start looking.
      Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
      As a senior in high school, I would agree.

Unless your looking to constantly be working to fix everything that's breaking/broken on the car, I'd get something a bit better/more reliable.

Don't get me wrong, I love my E30, but it's been the biggest pain in nuts. This is why I'm selling mine and getting something else for school, and then once I'm done with that, getting another one.
      hah nah I'm not that young, only 21 though lol. I have an e90 330xi currently, which is pretty reliable besides some oil leaks and window regulators typical bmw stuff and i'm doing my master's and applying to dental school. was gonna get it as a mini project car before starting dental school as I love e30s and want to learn manual really badly as I got my e90 in auto. Also wanted something I could do work mechanical work on and not be too confusing and not leave myself stranded without a car. my dad wants to get rid of his SUV sitting around since he bought a new truck and I'm selling it for him so I might take some commission and get an e30 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        This is indeed true. I think the seller will need to adjust his expectations by about 10k for this to sell. A few months ago, I saw an 850 with manual trans, full Dinan package, real schnitzer wheels, and less miles for sale for 19k. The guy had been trying to sell it for over a year.
        There's also the stigma of reliability when it comes to the V12. I'd be afraid to work on it when something goes wrong or when one of the ECUs decides to shit itself. Isn't it just two M20s put together or something like that?
        "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
        The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Anybody interested in a new project car?
          The fun never ends :-?

89 318iS
          R.I.P 89 325i coupe
          89 335iC

Comment

$1200 for a non running automatic car? wow
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

You think that's bad? What do you guys think about this?

The fun never ends :-?

89 318iS
              R.I.P 89 325i coupe
              89 335iC

Comment

Originally posted by RCtheRed View Post
                You think that's bad? What do you guys think about this?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5249181613.html
                At least this car is rare. Can't say I've ever seen one - even at BMW car shows.
                R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  $1200 for a non running automatic car? wow
                  Do you think that's high?

I think it's a great starting point for asking for a plastic bumpered is model. Even with the auto. It's going to have sports seats, weaves, etc associated with the is. Show up with $1000 and I'm sure he'd led it go. Maybe even $800 would take it. It seems reasonable.
                  "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                  -----------------------------------------
                  91 318is Turbo Sold
                  87 325 Daily driver Sold
                  06 4.8is X5
                  06 Mtec X3
                  05 4.4i X5 Sold
                  92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                  90 325i Sold
                  97 328is Sold
                  01 323ci Sold
                  92 325i Sold
                  83 528e Totaled
                  98 328i Sold
                  93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                    I think it's a great starting point for asking for a plastic bumpered is model. Even with the auto. It's going to have sports seats, weaves, etc associated with the is. Show up with $1000 and I'm sure he'd led it go. Maybe even $800 would take it. It seems reasonable.
                    It comes with the head and new valves, so that's already a steal. All it needs is the work put into it to get it to run. Shouldn't cost more than some manhours and a few hundred dollars.

Comment

How about a chopped Chevelle? LOL ruined it

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle 350 - $2800

R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                        Do you think that's high?

It comes with the head and new valves, so that's already a steal. All it needs is the work put into it to get it to run. Shouldn't cost more than some manhours and a few hundred dollars.
                        If that were in WA I'd be thinking seriously about that car...Manual swap it and put that head on and fix that trim, would be a good start anyway...
                        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                        Originally posted by roguetoaster
                        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Unless I know the guy, I TNO. Trust No One.

I'd give him $500. If it's so simple why doesnt he fix it and then sell it for $2500+?
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

I'd give him $500. If it's so simple why doesnt he fix it and then sell it for $2500+?
                            Some people aren't mechanically adept or aren't lucky enough to have an indie shop that knows what they're doing with good prices. I totally see where you're coming from. It can sound sketchy.

Comment

Some people aren't mechanically adept or aren't lucky enough to have an indie shop that knows what they're doing with good prices. I totally see where you're coming from. It can sound sketchy.
                              That is true. Replacing a head gasket is one of the few things I have yet to tackle...maybe one day...but I hope I dont have to cross that road just yet lol
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                If that were in WA I'd be thinking seriously about that car...Manual swap it and put that head on and fix that trim, would be a good start anyway...
                                Oh I agree, it's a good deal even at $1200... but who pays asking unless they have to? Was just surprised TeXJ thought that was a high asking figure.

Tough to find a solid bodied e30 in any condition now-a-days for $500. Can be done... but getting difficult and lots of luck involved.
                                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                                -----------------------------------------
                                91 318is Turbo Sold
                                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                                06 4.8is X5
                                06 Mtec X3
                                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                                90 325i Sold
                                97 328is Sold
                                01 323ci Sold
                                92 325i Sold
                                83 528e Totaled