Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old boss:

He wants $700

1994 BMW 325is coupe. Automatic. 212k miles. Runs, drives stops, does not overheat, has Maxxim alloy 5 spoke wheels and the AC / HEAT work. The body is in decent shape. No current inspection sticker, needs an unknown quantity of work to get it through a safety inspection. Drivers door handle not installed, but in the trunk, passenger window switch bad, transmission shifts hard / slips, engine smokes a little the interior is worn. The car has an all aluminum radiator, fogged rear tail lights and a deck lid spoiler. Clear title.

If you are interested please call, email or text 804-727-9204.

Q&A session

Q: Is the car still available?
    A: Yes. The ad will taken down once the car is sold.

Q: I need a cheap reliable car that has no problems, passes a state inspection and I can safely drive to and from work and all over Richmond, especially in the vicinity of school busses full of children and tanker trucks full of gasoline. Is this the right car for me?
    A: No, not in its current state. You will have to fix things to get this car to pass a state safety inspection.

Q: What things will I have to fix?
    A: I don't know, but likely many things. If you can work on cars yourself and buy parts cheap, that should work out nicely.

Q: Will you take a significantly lower amount of money for it even before I see the car and meet you?
    A: No.

Q: What's wrong with the car?
    A: Read the ad and or come look for yourself

Q: Good day sir, I would like to make purchase of your vehicle. I like it very much, my shipping company will pick the car up and pay you X amount (likely more than the asking price). Please supply me with your address and phone number so my agent can make payment.
    A: . . .

Q: I want this car but I don't have the money. Can I pay you X amount now and X amount later?
    A: No.

Q: Is it a 2 door or a 4 door?
    A: 2 door
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
      Damn that's a really nice deal right there. Here's another clean '82 E21, but much higher price.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4295140097.html
      Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      its got stock recaros!

and disk brakes on the rear.....and a 2.3/6, and euro bumpers....and....and....and......
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Not the best deal. 87' BMW 375 - $5600 (temecula)
        I was rejected for smog?

And then there's this. BMW 850, 12 CYLINDER, 1991 - $4900 (inland empire)

I wish I could buy this!

Comment

[quote=Luke Girard;4029544]Not the best deal. 87' BMW 375 - $5600 (temecula)
          I was rejected for smog?

So for a "salvage some" title, whatever that is haha, and for no grill and "but need little work" he wants $5600....good luck with that one wow
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

"stops like a horse"

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
              "stops like a horse"
              HAHA I forgot to add that one.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd
              g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Comment

want!
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
                    And then there's this. BMW 850, 12 CYLINDER, 1991 - $4900 (inland empire)

I wish I could buy this!
                    Never in a million years would I touch that. IF it had a manual ii would consider it, but god those are a bitch to maintain.

I would be all about the m535!
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Another BMW in Idaho!? Jesus you guys are bursting at the seams!
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Ooooo not good.
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                          Ooooo not good.

I just want to go visit this joke of a dealership. They have this 750il with a body kit, a Lamborghini and a Honda Fit all in the same showroom.

Comment

I don't know how you guys can question their legitimacy when they clearly say "If u have any questions or concerns feel free to stop in" AND they have a "Dealer Documentary Fee."
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

They're clearly filming some type of informational feature film about their dealership...
                              Originally posted by Andy.B
                              Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                              1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X