Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4616396105.html

Why does everybody think a 5 speed bmw is worth at least 5k never mind the interior and body are thrashed
    Don't know bout the price but a scuff, dent ,and a molding clip hardly makes the body trashed!

Comment

;D
      Originally posted by IRON-E
      Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

this is a solid car imo - i'd offer 3800 and go from there. plastic around the bumpers are in great shape as is the interior, which is hard to come by.

edit also this one (in contrast, it seems)

I actually sent the owner an email, along with my thoughts on his asking price (respectfully). There are quite a few cars, cars with substantial pedigree, of BMW or maybe Mercedes that can be had for this price or even less.
        What do you guys think?

edit last..holy crap a (zinno/henna?) 1991 318IS for less than what I paid 3 years ago ($3300)?!:hitler: What ground effects kit is that? M F#%$%$%$waffles, waffles, waffles!!

Last edited by keefy6; 08-19-2014, 08:18 AM.
        My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
        1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
        IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
        1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
          http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...605396788.html

this is a solid car imo - i'd offer 3800 and go from there. plastic around the bumpers are in great shape as is the interior, which is hard to come by.

I actually sent the owner an email, along with my thoughts on his asking price (respectfully). There are quite a few cars, cars with substantial pedigree, of BMW or maybe Mercedes that can be had for this price or even less.
          What do you guys think?

edit last..holy crap a (zinno/henna?) 1991 318IS for less than what I paid 3 years ago ($3300)?!:hitler: What ground effects kit is that? M F#%$%$%$waffles, waffles, waffles!!

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/4623973080.html

Cars #1 & #3 are great deals. Glad to see the E30 Tax hasn't killed every bargain out there. The $24k vert is a joke.
          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
            http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...605396788.html

What do you guys think?

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/4623973080.html
            i think #3 is a great deal. fuck the other two. the body kit on the 318is looks like some fiberglass bullcrap from eurostop. other than that, it looks to be an awesome car at an awesome price. i am pretty sure that is brilliant rot. henna is more orange and i have never seen it on a plastic bumper car other than an early m3. zinno is a little darker maroon color.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^ I actually like the body kit but not sure what it is. He emailed me back and said that his brother-in-law wants to buy it and also someone offered him $3100 for it.

The $24K guy emailed me back and asked my thoughts, I told him to contact Enthusiast Auto, they may have a market for it.
              My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
              1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
              IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
              1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

My Feedback

Comment

This is god awful. Look if you dare. He invested "so much money" into making a great car a complete wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Black325e View Post
                    This is god awful. Look if you dare. He invested "so much money" into making a great car a complete wreck.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4611168243.html
                    Remember that kid in Toy Story that liked to mutilate his toys? I think we know what he grew up to be - the seller of this thing. Horrible

Comment

Originally posted by Black325e View Post

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4611168243.html

this one has actually shown up here in this thread a couple times perhaps in the last year. obviously, the sale isn't going well for him.

it would sell better if it didn't look like he took a shit all over it. i think its hilarious watching people attempt to sell complete crap on the internet for a bazillion dollars.

seller: damn! i just built this really awesome car that is so bad ass! i can't wait to advertise it on craigslist and make tons of money because EVERYONE is going to be beating down my door to buy this awesome museum piece.

8 months later: crickets..........

someone should send him an email or two just to mess with him.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

someone should send him an email or two just to mess with him.

You must be 16. There is nothing worse than spending time on deadbeat buyer from craigslist. When I sold my last e30 and mk2 GTI. I actually had one kid tell me he just got cancer the next morning and couldn't buy the car. After I agreed to install some performance parts that I was selling seperatly.

Let this man live in his dream world, and let's not succumb to level:scumbag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I'm cooler in person.

Comment

wow some one needs to jump on this
                          1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                          2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                          2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Not quite sure what to make of this one. A '71 Beetle with an LT1 engine and green strobe lights underneath for $20k

Comment

That's a good price for a clean looking car. The interesting thing to me is, no where in the ad does it say "e30" so this seller must not know about the cult that is us who would pay inflated prices lol

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

How is this a good price? It has a salvage title. It would be a good price if the title was clean.
                                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X