Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not CL, buuuuuut

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Comment

This guy needs to submit his listing to Jalopnik for a little Nice-Price-or-Crack-Pipe review. Then he will see how far off he really is. $4k car tops.

Originally posted by dsphil View Post
      $10,000 engine work?

1987 BMW 325is E30 RWD - $20000 (Bryn Mawr)
      1987 BMW 325is E30 RWD two door w/5-speed manual transmission. 100% original,. This car has been relegated to weekend use and is rarely taken out to drive. Delphin Metallic with Cardinal Red leather interior (rare and sought after color combination)
      No modifications, and all OEM parts from dealer with any repairs always done by a
      certified BMW tech. (This was the year of the major update to the M20 engine with
      substantial power increases.
      Options
      Has all the factory options. . ...the following are on the car (these options, other than the sunroof, do not come on the standard 325i model): This includes a limited slip rear differential, sport seats, sport suspension, fog lights, Mtech1 sport steering wheel, power sunroof, and pop open rear windows.
      Overall Condition
      Brand new PA inspection and emissions w/stickers valid until August 2015. All lubricants changed when inspection was done. This is one of the nicest cosmetically originals you will find. I would rate the interior/exterior condition 9/10.
      The VIN numbers match everywhere... the exterior is about as good as you will see for an original. The interior of the car is all original and immaculate. The leather passenger sport seat and rear seat have almost zero usage throughout the cars life (no damage or tears). The leather on the drivers seat is structurally perfect (bolsters on both sport seats are firm and feel snug) no damage or tears. The carpet is clean and the mats are brand new. The headliner is in great shape and does not sag.
      This car comes with everything it came with day one. . ..2 keys, a full size spare tire in perfect condition, fold up toolkit, lift jack, owners manual.
      Mechanical
      Approximately $10,000 in mechanical work has been put into this car over the past 20K miles. The car has 90K miles (less than 6K miles/year) The motor runs strong .
      All fluids and general tune-up items done. If you are viewing this ad, I assume you are familiar with the E30 325is and how rare the iS 2-door with manual trans are. The 1987′s are probably the best year to have and one of the strongest chasis BMW has ever built. . .the frame can withstand 1,000 hp without modification. They have a cult following and are a sought after collectible that are appreciating in price now. Among the E30′s only the M3 is more desirable than the iS and to find one in all original/great condition is almost impossible. The car is 26 years old and will qualify for antique plates/emissions exempt in PA if you chose to go that route (although I use standard plate on it with valid emissions stickers).
      The registration is current.
      You'll get a great car!
      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Aw, now if anybody on r3v scored that for $4000 everybody would be ball swinging. It's a $7000 car.
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

fraud ad

That ad description was on a 325is last year that sold for $10.6K. The car was nicer than that guys...he stole the ad verbatum. The $10K of work is a lie. :hitler:
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-BMW-E30...p2047675.l2557

Originally posted by dsphil View Post
          $10,000 engine work?

1987 BMW 325is E30 RWD - $20000 (Bryn Mawr)
          1987 BMW 325is E30 RWD two door w/5-speed manual transmission. 100% original,. This car has been relegated to weekend use and is rarely taken out to drive. Delphin Metallic with Cardinal Red leather interior (rare and sought after color combination)
          No modifications, and all OEM parts from dealer with any repairs always done by a
          certified BMW tech. (This was the year of the major update to the M20 engine with
          substantial power increases.
          Options
          Has all the factory options. . ...the following are on the car (these options, other than the sunroof, do not come on the standard 325i model): This includes a limited slip rear differential, sport seats, sport suspension, fog lights, Mtech1 sport steering wheel, power sunroof, and pop open rear windows.
          Overall Condition
          Brand new PA inspection and emissions w/stickers valid until August 2015. All lubricants changed when inspection was done. This is one of the nicest cosmetically originals you will find. I would rate the interior/exterior condition 9/10.
          The VIN numbers match everywhere... the exterior is about as good as you will see for an original. The interior of the car is all original and immaculate. The leather passenger sport seat and rear seat have almost zero usage throughout the cars life (no damage or tears). The leather on the drivers seat is structurally perfect (bolsters on both sport seats are firm and feel snug) no damage or tears. The carpet is clean and the mats are brand new. The headliner is in great shape and does not sag.
          This car comes with everything it came with day one. . ..2 keys, a full size spare tire in perfect condition, fold up toolkit, lift jack, owners manual.
          Mechanical
          Approximately $10,000 in mechanical work has been put into this car over the past 20K miles. The car has 90K miles (less than 6K miles/year) The motor runs strong .
          All fluids and general tune-up items done. If you are viewing this ad, I assume you are familiar with the E30 325is and how rare the iS 2-door with manual trans are. The 1987′s are probably the best year to have and one of the strongest chasis BMW has ever built. . .the frame can withstand 1,000 hp without modification. They have a cult following and are a sought after collectible that are appreciating in price now. Among the E30′s only the M3 is more desirable than the iS and to find one in all original/great condition is almost impossible. The car is 26 years old and will qualify for antique plates/emissions exempt in PA if you chose to go that route (although I use standard plate on it with valid emissions stickers).
          The registration is current.
          You'll get a great car!

Comment

That could be the same car, but the deal fell thru after the auction closed. OR the guy who bought it is trying make an incredible 12 month profit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

The VIN from ebay and here http://www.2040cars.com/BMW/3-Series...eather-374951/ WBAAA1306H2321668
              Looks like still the same owner and same location. The mileage went from 153k to 90K in a year.

Originally posted by jakesizzle View Post
              That ad description was on a 325is last year that sold for $10.6K. The car was nicer than that guys...he stole the ad verbatum. The $10K of work is a lie. :hitler:
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-BMW-E30...p2047675.l2557
              sigpic
              327is
              325es
              325es
              318is
              Fiesta ST
              E46 M3

Comment

NOT FOR LIL KIDS, CAR IS ADOULT OWNED

Comment

Not Craigslist, but VERY interesting...

1996 Alpina B8 #3 of 5 made. $26,700
                  I believe this is a 6-speed. Also, note the blue dipstick. Kewl

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Wow.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I want it!
                      1987 BMW 325iS (manual) - $4495 (Pasadena)

Car highlights:
                      + ~20mpg (city)/~28mpg (hwy)
                      +Seat upholstery redone within last 4 years (front seats red leather, back seats red vinyl)
                      +New tires w/ included 20,000 mile warranty
                      +AC blows ice-cold and heater blows hot w/ new working blower
                      +No oil leaks
                      +No major temperature/radiator problems
                      +No cancerous rust
                      +Completely working electrical, including windows, sliding sun roof, and indicators/check lights
                      +Keyless entry and antitheft system (after market)
                      +Mech-less auxiliary-in stereo and AM/FM radio (w/ installation tools) and w/ front and rear speakers
                      +Cigarette lighter works for in-car power (and lighting cigarettes, if you want, I guess)
                      +Beautiful interior in good condition (one nickel-sized roof tear that may be repairable)
                      +Exterior in good condition (no major dings or bumps, but see below)
                      +Short shift modification
                      +Sport suspension modification (shorter shocks and springs)
                      +Immaculate dashboard (no heat cracks)
                      +iS aluminum alloy wheels
                      +Spare tire with full stock set of tire changing tools (bolt cover remover, jack, lug nut wrench)
                      +Service records for this owner plus CARFAX (available by email if requested) and smog test on hand
                      +Over $5000 of tune-ups and maintenance just done in the past year (i.e., past 7,000 mostly highway miles) including:
                      +New clutch
                      +New steering linkage
                      +New brake disks and pads w/ working brake wear sensors and indicators
                      +New engine seals/gaskets
                      +New water pump
                      +*Just installed* new catalytic converter

+Included accessories: fitted sunshade, Bentley service manual (the universal go-to manual for this car), "101 Performance Projects For Your BMW" book, service light resetter, misc. DIY specialized tools, original stock cassette radio w/ anti-theft unlock code (note: volume knob and function needs electrical repair)

For full disclosure, of course, the car does have some old car things that optionally can be fixed, including:
                      -Fuel Level Sender (replaceable) makes the fuel lever indicator slightly sag (but low gas level indicator still works fine)
                      -Radiator has some hot spots and very small leak, but oil pan temperatures fine in normal operation.
                      -No longer has original iS stock "front spoiler" w/ fog lights installed (replaced with normal stock spoiler and thermoprobe needs reinstalling)
                      -Cruise control recently stopped working, so one of two units in the system probably needs replacing
                      -As shown in the pictures, some minor paint blemishes that could be relatively easily touched up.
                      -Using the trip odometer can temporarily stop odometer for a few hundred miles
                      -Sport seats need some parts for full stock functionality (extendable thigh rest, return spring)
                      -Sliding sunroof and trunk may need new rubber seals

Contact for other minor idiosyncrasies.

I've really loved this car and it has never been in better condition. I will be fully honest and upfront with you, so please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

Thanks for reading this ad!

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                        Not Craigslist, but VERY interesting...

1996 Alpina B8 #3 of 5 made. $26,700
                        I believe this is a 6-speed.

Also, note the blue dipstick. Kewl
                        Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                        Wow.
                        Wow is right...looks like a ton o' fun

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

$300 why not!

One only ....on swivel office chair base, retains all hardware for your car, in very good unrestored condition, $5000 option in early '80s AMG Mercedes would be perfect in a period 1970s or 80s 911 or 930, BMW CSL, 2002 ti tii, Datsun 510/240 Z. ...$300 OBO

Comment

Baller^^^
                            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful

I want that shiz so bad

EDIT:
                              Just texted him
                              Hope he still has it
                              Last edited by JinormusJ; 06-19-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

seems like a fair deal...http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4529969595.html

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Working...
                                X