Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the car obviously but I need something larger. Selling it so cheap since it needs a few things.

The vanos seal, it works as an EGR and my HC and NOx results were high but passed in September. I had a hot air intake when I had the car BAR'd, so that may be the reason NOx and HC were near the limit. May or may not pass smog, it's your responsibility. Second issue is the top has shrunk, so there is a slight gap at the trunk. Guy in Fremont area is selling a nice black one with clear windshield for around $400. Also leaks a little oil from the main seals and the dash has cracks. Windshield also has about a 5" crack.

Mileage is 190k, title is salvaged due to back registration fees from PO. Changed the oil and filter every 5k with Amtecol full synthetics. Only use Chevron, 76, Shell, and Mobil 91 octane. Drive about 100 miles to Livermore and back 3 days a week for work, so the car doesn't see much city driving. Family has a shop in Albany, so the car has always been well taken care of.

Engine/Drivetrain:

New cam sensor
    New crank sensor
    New O2 sensor
    New coolant sensor
    New NGK Iridum plugs
    New water pump
    New thermostat
    New thermostat housing (metal)
    New valve cover gasket
    New oil pan gasket
    New belts
    New Sachs clutch kit
    G240 with Amsoil Synchromesh
    New e21 trans mounts
    New m5 motor mounts
    New reverse light switch
    New fan switch and electric fan (not installed)
    New radiator
    Chip tune as well as factory
    4.27 LSD (cabrios only) with Amsoil 75w-140
    10w-60 with Full filter done 100 miles ago
    KAmotors cold air intake
    New fuel filter
    24lb Bosch gen IV injectors
    Dynomax turbo muffler

Chassis:

Ground Control coilover conversion
    500f 800r, similar to what Mark runs in his vert
    Ground Contro touring camber plates
    Ground Control rear shock mounts
    Front strut brace
    Skid Guard's front subframe cross bar (NIB not installed)
    KYB AGX's all around
    Condor rear 12mm riser subframe bushing kit
    Condor rear trailing arms
    Condor differential mount
    225/50/16 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's
    wearing evenly with plenty of tread left
    16x8/9 et25 Wagen CS1 wheels
    New center drive support
    New pads/rotors all around
    E32 double brake booster and master cylinder
    Motul brake fluid
    Squared Motorwerks Morimoto H1 Bi-Xenon projector retrofit (LOVE Bi-Xenon!)
    4500k Moiromoto XB35 HID bulbs
    Morimoto 3five HID ballasts
    3000k 100w high beams
    Interior is in good shape, rear seats have a little sun damage at the top

Audio:

Luke Fisher aka StereoInstaller1 (German Audio Specialties) installed everything himself in our shop when he did the drive from WA to Socal. Spent over $2,000 on audio and alarm.
    All new speakers(4) and tweeters(4)
    The AMAZING crossover that makes these speakers shine!
    JL 1000/1 with custom made enclosure by Luke
    Alpine 500w rms 4 channel
    Keyless entry/alarm with 1 remote and 1 pager
    LukeBox with two 8" woofers
    JVC Arsenal KD-A845BT
    colors match nicely and can be adjusted to your liking

Body:

Spent almost 3 months and $3,000 on body and paint.
    Work was done at Continental in Emeryville, and they give a lifetime warranty for oxidation/fading etc. (not chips/dents)
    IS front lip and splitter
    Brilliantrot original color paint
    Fenders rolled all around by Alex Rodini (great guy to deal with btw)
    Front BMW oem mudflaps

Chose the m50tu since I was planning to go FI (engines are cheap and easily found) compared to the s52. But it would be very easy to throw in an s52 if you want more power. It's been over a year and the car has some paint chips now, have a bottle of touch up though. They've been doing construction through Livermore since I had the car painted so it's been tough on the front end. (I don't tailgate either)

The Condor and e21 bushings also let in some noise, I like the sound, mostly forget it's even there until someone mentions it, most think it sounds cool though. Definitely not a bad diff though, was quiet before the bushings.

The ride isn't too bad either, similar to an e36 m3 with Bilstein sports. Very fun to drive spiritedly.

I'll get some better pictures up soon. Value on these cars, especially cabrios, have been climbing the last few years and would make a good investment.

Not interested in any trades, parting out, etc. Cash is preferred but a check is fine so long it clears at the bank. PRICE IS FIRM STOP ASKING!! Email me with your contact information, if your email sounds like spam, I won't reply. Thanks for looking.

Comment

I've been eyeballing that Pensacola car, but I just don't have anywhere to keep it.
      98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
        I've been eyeballing that Pensacola car, but I just don't have anywhere to keep it.
        Story of my life man lol

Comment

A salvaged car that won't pass smog for $8k?! Haha no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Navarone View Post
            A salvaged car that won't pass smog for $8k?! Haha no thanks.
            You don't know your e30 market. That car is easily worth $8k... easily. Very nice build.
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Comment

You would think they would address the slushbox before adding all those gauges and stickers...

Comment

Originally posted by HersheySquirts View Post
                  You would think they would address the slushbox before adding all those gauges and stickers...
                  Some people don't think like we do here on R3V... #truestorybro
                  Estoguy
                  1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                    You don't know your e30 market. That car is easily worth $8k... easily. Very nice build.
                    That's a dang nice car! WOW!
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                      es cars have all the cosmetics of is cars, as well as double valve springs (normal e's had single valve springs), a 2.93LSD, as well as (iirc) slightly stiffer springs and thicker sway bars
                      88 325 "super eta" does have an 885 "i" head with an ETA cam and single valve springs.
                      Later production super eta's did have journals pre drilled for an "i" cam.

325eS was nothing more than a 325e with 325iS accessories/options
                      eS air dam, 13 button obc, trunk lip etc
                      The motor is a 325e m20b27 ETA motor same redline, same internals, same valve springs nothing changed.

Comment

A salvaged car "due to back registration fees from PO." WUT... that won't pass smog, the convertible top doesn't fit, the paint is all chipped, it needs new vanos and main seal, and a cracked windshield?? That plus the inflated E30 market = an $8000 car? Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Navarone View Post
                          A salvaged car "due to back registration fees from PO." WUT... that won't pass smog, the convertible top doesn't fit, the paint is all chipped, it needs new vanos and main seal, and a cracked windshield?? That plus the inflated E30 market = an $8000 car? Ok.
                          Salvage title means nothing to e30 crowd... and really has no affect on value anymore.

A cracked windshield is $75 and can be done in an hour. I've done 3 of them here in my garage because of stupid gravel trucks. Vanos can be rebuilt... or replaced for a couple hundred (or less if buying used unit). Rear main leaking is a decent amount of work... but costs less than $30 in parts to do. Paint all chipped? He said he had it painted to the tune of $3000? He said the dash is cracked... $200 fix.

To do a proper m50tu swap would cost $2000. Plus all the other stuff he has done to it.

The only real bummer on that car is the top not fitting correctly. I agree with you on the "inflated" e30 market... but that's what it is... a market. Things are worth what people are paying for them. That car is a damn fine start for someone... and in the current market... worth every penny he is asking.
                          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

Salvage title means nothing to e30 crowd... and really has no affect on value anymore.

A cracked windshield is $75 and can be done in an hour. I've done 3 of them here in my garage because of stupid gravel trucks. Vanos can be rebuilt... or replaced for a couple hundred (or less if buying used unit). Rear main leaking is a decent amount of work... but costs less than $30 in parts to do. Paint all chipped? He said he had it painted to the tune of $3000? He said the dash is cracked... $200 fix.

To do a proper m50tu swap would cost $2000. Plus all the other stuff he has done to it.

The only real bummer on that car is the top not fitting correctly. I agree with you on the "inflated" e30 market... but that's what it is... a market. Things are worth what people are paying for them. That car is a damn fine start for someone... and in the current market... worth every penny he is asking.
                            So in your opinion how much would this car sell for if all the little issues were fixed?

And how much would the price be if all the issues were fixed and it had a clear title?
                            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

yeah.....no offense but i am gonna have to call bullshit on this statement. of the time i have been involved on this forum, this subject has been discussed ad nauseum. i can honestly say this is the first time i have heard this point of view on r3v.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

really clean M3/4/A I want it

1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                                2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                                2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Working...
                                X