Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Hah! I'm hoping that's sarcasm.

Even if not a real Hartge, I don't know enough about them to tell, that is easily worth $7000.

I've never seen that turn dial tuning selector except on e28's and I think on 6ers. That's why I thought it might be real. But those wheels, interior, euro bumpers, etc are very nice high dollar items to have on the car. I'm not sure I trust the 105k mileage though.
    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
    -----------------------------------------
    91 318is Turbo Sold
    87 325 Daily driver Sold
    06 4.8is X5
    06 Mtec X3
    05 4.4i X5 Sold
    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
    90 325i Sold
    97 328is Sold
    01 323ci Sold
    92 325i Sold
    83 528e Totaled
    98 328i Sold
    93 325i Sold

Comment

Unless it comes with a bale of pot in the trunk, that price has been set by an insane person. Nice wheels, tho.
      Last edited by Aleman; 10-17-2015, 05:14 PM.
      R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
      └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        by the way the ad is written, i can pretty much guarantee it isn't a real hartge. i will say that it is a nice car though. it is probably worth pretty close to the asking price. i don't think it will be a very easy sale for its owner at that amount but i think it will eventually sell.

i'm waiting for bastianshaw to get on here and say its only worth 2 grand. 8)
        Hello Flyboyx.

It not a Hartge. It has only 4 Hartge parts on euro 320i.
        Hartge built H23 170hp, H26 193hp and H27 205hp. All those were based off 323i. Hartge would not use 320i because m20 2.0 and drums in the rear.
        A couple of years ago I bought a 85 euro 320i for $2,000.

Hartge price on parts

1 Hartge wheels $1,000-$1,600
        2. Hartge air dam (IF) it is made of urethane plastic. Then it is real Hartge air dam. $300-$500
        3. Hartge side skirts $300-$450
        4 Hartge decals $100-$200

The strut bar is Racind Dynamics!!!!
        Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
          Hello Flyboyx.

It not a Hartge. It has only 4 Hartge parts on euro 320i.
          Hartge built H23 170hp, H26 193hp and H27 205hp. All those were based off 323i. Hartge would not use 320i because m20 2.0 and drums in the rear.
          A couple of years ago I bought a 85 euro 320i for $2,000.

Hartge price on parts

1 Hartge wheels $1,000-$1,600
          2. Hartge air dam (IF) it is made of urethane plastic. Then it is real Hartge air dam. $300-$500
          3. Hartge side skirts $300-$450
          4 Hartge decals $100-$200

The strut bar is Racind Dynamics!!!!
          Thank you everyone for the replies. I also did some research myself and agree that it's priced too high. Don't want to waist his time and low ball it so I did not look at it.

Comment

E39 540iTa
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I looked at a 385,000 mile 325es the other day. the owner was asking 1500, he thought it was a great deal! he even came down to 14, then 1300 for me! it needed a new tranny (input shaft bearing WHINED), the brakes were the squishiest ever, and the engine had mold growing on it. the guy was crazy... but it gets better.

he said his son just bought a 1987 m3 and that he thinks his 325es looks so much better than the m3, the m3 has the "flare things" on the fenders that ruin the "beautiful body lines of the car". I didnt buy it.

Comment

I am convinced when folks put cars up for sale on CL, they lose most sanity and honesty. I experienced some painfully dishonest and stupid folks my recent search.

Comment

The guy I bought my e30 from, craigslist, never told me that the car was salvaged. He let me sign the old title. So when I went to register the car, it came back as a salvaged car...

He was moving out of town, and was gone a few days after I had bought the car. The stupid thing is that he left paper work in the car where he had applied to another apartment complex and it had his social, full name, and everything. Good thing I'm an honest person and just chalked it up to a learning experience.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    The guy I bought my e30 from, craigslist, never told me that the car was salvaged. He let me sign the old title. So when I went to register the car, it came back as a salvaged car...

He was moving out of town, and was gone a few days after I had bought the car. The stupid thing is that he left paper work in the car where he had applied to another apartment complex and it had his social, full name, and everything. Good thing I'm an honest person and just chalked it up to a learning experience.

what part of town did you pick this up from? Lol

My car was salvaged, but I didn't really see it as that big of a deal, because it wasn't really that noticeable, but the further I looked into it I noticed that the interior was a soup sandwich (wrong seats, seat studs smashed down, etc) , almost every bushings and mount was broken or about to break, the syncros for 2nd and 3rd were blown, and every time you hit a bump, you'd be bouncing off the bumpstops.
                    Originally posted by flyboyx
                    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                    Originally posted by Northern
                    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                      what part of town did you pick this up from? Lol

My car was salvaged, but I didn't really see it as that big of a deal, because it wasn't really that noticeable, but the further I looked into it I noticed that the interior was a soup sandwich (wrong seats, seat studs smashed down, etc) , almost every bushings and mount was broken or about to break, the syncros for 2nd and 3rd were blown, and every time you hit a bump, you'd be bouncing off the bumpstops.
                      Carrollton, had been hit behind the driver door. Got it for $800. 86 325es
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

i can't tell if this fits the "awesome" or "awful" category.

1964 Renault Caravelle Convertible Price Reduced!! - $5950 (Magnolia)

1964 Renault Caravelle Convertible $6900 REDUCED to $5950!!!!!!

show contact info Ted. Call or Text

Rare 1964 Renault Caravelle Convertible with the Hard Top. Four passenger, four cylinder, manual transmission, four wheel disk brakes, four wheel independent suspension.

This car was owned by one family from the 1960's - 2012. It was owned by the Grandmother who lived in France. When she passed away in the 1980s, it was shipped over and owned by the Grandson until I bought it in 2012. It still sports the European number plate. I have a file of French maintenance receipts. I bought it non running three years ago and have rebuilt the mechanicals to a smooth running condition.

There is a dent in the front left fender. Surface rust on the bumpers and in a few other areas, but only surface rust. The undercarriage looks clean. It is a 51 year old car so there are a lot of little needs, most of them cosmetic.

This car has been a fun ride! It is such a conversation starter because no one has ever seen a Caravelle before! I love this car and my family and I have named it Clouseau. You can learn more about this car at http://www.renaultcaravelle.com/index.html. Finding parts is surprisingly NOT a problem. Estimate car value at http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/co...lle-value.html or every now and then you might see one on eBay.

Recently rebuilt engine with photos and receipts for parts.

All of these parts are new:
                        Cylinders
                        Cylinder Liners
                        Pistons
                        New Main and Rod Bearings
                        Engine Rings
                        Water Pump
                        Fuel Pump
                        Head Gasket
                        Oil Pump
                        Fuel Level Sender
                        All Engine Seals and Gaskets
                        Clutch
                        Clutch Release Bearing
                        Input Shaft Seal
                        Output Shaft Seal
                        Seals and Gaskets on Transaxle Half Shafts
                        All New Hoses
                        Thermostat
                        Oil Pressure Sensor
                        Engine Temp Sensor
                        New Brake Reservoir to Master Cylinder Hose
                        Brake Master Cylinder Rebuilt
                        Battery
                        4 New Seat Belts
                        Fan Belt
                        New Rotor, Distributor Cap, Points and Condenser
                        Spark Plugs
                        Spark Plug Wires
                        All Fluids Replaced
                        Brake and Clutch Pedal Cover Pads
                        Seat Release Wires
                        Carburetor Rebuilt
                        Carb to Throttle Cable Linkage
                        Air Filter
                        Fuel Tank to Filler Hose
                        Muffler was Sand Blasted and Painted with POR 15
                        I used new fasteners but I have most of the originals that will go with the car if wanted

Engine block painted with POR 15 anti rust paint
                        Engine bay and ancillary parts are restored with Zero Rust (Rust Prevention) Paint
                        Rebuilt Master Cylinder
                        Radiator has been cleaned from radiator shop with receipt
                        Heater Core and Expansion Tank cleaned and pressure tested

I have a lot of spare parts and other items that will go with the car:
                        Factory Service Manual
                        Complete Car Parts Manual
                        Color Printout of the Haynes Repair Manual
                        Alternator Conversion Kit (Alternator, Brackets, and Wiring, I bought for $220 and have not installed yet)
                        Two extra Sealed Beam Headlights, new
                        Caliper Rebuild Kits, new
                        Manifold Gasket, new
                        Oil Pan Gasket, new
                        Spare Carb parts, new
                        The old pistons, cylinder liner, cylinders, used
                        extra valve cover, used
                        extra set of points, new
                        extra condenser, new
                        extra rotor and cap, used
                        Extra set of two brake pads
                        Misc Bulbs and Fuses
                        and other parts. . .. . .
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

E46s can have instrument cluster fires??? WHo knew!?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-SMG-P...m=191718353603
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

E30 M with horrible angel eye lights... :roll: HE seems to have decent taste until you see them Needs some euro lights and euro grills...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-/3218...m=321893583935
                            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

^wow that's a lot of coin. I must be out of touch on prices but $5500 for the BBS and $7000 for upholstery of the seats seems both on the high side to me.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

8,000 in wheels but removing them and the startecs he will knock off 2,500. His valuation and arithmetic are not adding up.

Comment

Working...
                                X