Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW $28k
    man that's M3 territory.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
      You even r3v bro? :)

Ya. Sweet build. I thoight this thing was sold before it was built though.... have to see thread for correction/drama.
      I think 0-60Freak bought it from Jordan

Comment

TeXJ - did you read the ebay article?

Originally posted by VitalkaE30 View Post
        I think 0-60Freak bought it from Jordan
        and Jordan is selling it for 0-60Freak according to FBr3v.
        Originally posted by stevie30
        The e30 is the '57 Chevy of the European imports. Quote me on this.
        1986 325eS - cosmosblau, sold
        1990 325i - bronzit sedan, sold
        1984 318i - delphin coupe, sold
        1987 325iS - zinnoberrot, sold
        1988 325iS - zinnoberrot, sold
        1989 325iX - zinnoberrot sedan, current project/daily

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
          WOW $28k
          man that's M3 territory.
          yes, that car is worth every penny though. in fact, if you were to pay a restoration shop to do what has been done on this car it would probably cost 6 figures.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
            Holy sweet Jesus! Is this somebody on r3v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Nice car, too bad about that engine. If someone is going to put that much effort into a car, at least put an engine worthy of the effort in there. M54? yawn. That car is worthy of a real S series engine, S14, S38, hell even an M88. No, its not about the hp either. (If it were me, there would be an S14 in it, and be rebadged as a 320iS) The helical diff would also be replaced by a real LSD, that way when it does lift a rear wheel, it doesn't act like an open diff. Its a nice car, and a ton of work went into building it, but its not a $30K car. Half that? sure, $20K, perhaps. I'm sure it cost more than that to build it. With the M42 I'd say it was worth just as much, or heck even with an M20 in there.

Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

i get your point will. that m54 isn't a bad choice in my opinion. its certainly as good or better than an s52. same hp and lighter weight. jordan works at a local junk yard. i'm sure it was a lot easier to source and a lot cheaper for him than a period "s" engine.

the theme of his build is a period car with a modern bmw engine. I've been over to his house a couple times when he was putting it together. it looks just as good in the photos as it does in person. i like it...a lot. i suppose if i had my druthers, i would like an s62 with a g420. to some people that would also be too much. the car needs to go so someone that has suitable taste.

i mentioned this previously, but when i get to vegas, i like to stop in at sin city bmw. for them to do a restoration on a 2002 with an original motor, it will set the owner back about 120k. you would think there would only be a small handful of people in the world willing to pay that much for such a little car. according to chris, he has people practically lined up around the block with a waiting list over 2 years out.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                Nice car, too bad about that engine. If someone is going to put that much effort into a car, at least put an engine worthy of the effort in there. M54? yawn. That car is worthy of a real S series engine, S14, S38, hell even an M88. No, its not about the hp either. (If it were me, there would be an S14 in it, and be rebadged as a 320iS) The helical diff would also be replaced by a real LSD, that way when it does lift a rear wheel, it doesn't act like an open diff. Its a nice car, and a ton of work went into building it, but its not a $30K car. Half that? sure, $20K, perhaps. I'm sure it cost more than that to build it. With the M42 I'd say it was worth just as much, or heck even with an M20 in there.

Will
                Will,

I have to agree with flyboy on this one. You are wayyy off the mark with this one. Like not even close.

I understand personal taste, but the level of detail that went into this E30 has rarely been matched by anyone. Gotta appreciate when something has been done right.
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

no doubt it's a clean and very well done car. Still doesn't mean it's "worth" $30k. Everybody knows you never get money back from a project car that you put into it. Unfortunately that is how things go.

+1 one on the motor could have been an s54 or something like that. But my redneck in me says he should have gone with an LS :D
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

sub 20k m3 http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/5923235461.html

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
                      already gone
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

it was deleted within minutes of me posting. no surprise I guess

Comment

$1500 and it runs. You can get good deals off people that ar just 'tired of the project'.

1992 BMW 318i Convertible - $1500

Great project car! Yes it runs! New radiator/water pump/battery, clutch fan/ clutch master & slave cylinders/ belts. I am just tired of this project, and wanting to see it gone. I have some new parts also that are negotiable with the sale. Was prepping car for the paint shop, so interior has been removed as well as body moldings.

UPDATE: You may contact me when you are ready to come look at car, I will not provide anymore pictures, or negotiate price
                          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                            You're right - I have posted lots of CL disasters here lately. How about something we all LIKE to see?

What are your thoughts on this 140k mile 1990 325i for about $2k? Seems like it just needs some basketweaves & we're good to go! Can't see if there's a rust situation or not from the pics, but she's got lots of new parts.

Bmw 1990 3251 for sale - $2400

Over $1000 recently spent in new parts:

New clutch
                            New brake lines
                            New rear rotors
                            New rear brake calipers
                            New exhaust system (manifold to tail pipe, includes new cat converter)
                            New battery
                            New Console
                            Original BMW factory wheels with 4 new wheel center caps with BMW decal
                            New front and rear BMW hood badges
                            New sunroof handle
                            Radio has been replaced.

Interior is in good condition. Car has some minor rust and a few digs. Nothing that can't be dealt with. A little body work, a fresh coat of paint and you've got a great ride. No inspection necessary in New Jersey.
                            Just recently sold according to the owner. I just missed it! I would've pounced on it, only four hours away from me.

Comment

Found the e30 I bought and sold recently back on craigslist. It's a POS and it's funny hearing what the seller is claiming, considering I had this car for a few months. First of all, here is the ad:

"*REDUCED!* 1987 BMW 325 *GREAT CONDITION* - $3500 (Carroll Co.)

Sporty BMW 325 in terrific condition. Only 113k miles. Runs great. Looks great. Beautiful new seat covers. Roll-back sunroof. Alpine cd player. Dealer repaired automatic window, but passenger's side sometimes sticks. RWD. Clean title. $3,500 obo.

1987 BMW 325
                              cylinders: 4 cylinders
                              drive: rwd
                              fuel: gas
                              odometer: 113000
                              paint color: red
                              title status: clean
                              transmission: automatic"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so onto what I think about the car. Well I wanted an e30 and finally having a job out of college for a few years I was able to buy one. So naturally I pounced on the first example I saw simply because I was young and ignorant. Now, I did learn a few things upon acquiring it. I ended up finding another e30 convertible that a co worker was selling so I decided to buy that one (manual 215i) and sell this one. Took a loss on selling this red e30 but w/e it was a learning process for me.

Regardless, when I initially put up the car, an e30 enthusiast showed up name Tyler J. who I believe is a member here on r3v. He has an older style gold/silver e30 with a roof rack. Regardless, he was nice and pointed out several flaws in the car, showed me what to look for, but also said if I wait long enough i could probably sell it for 2k (or more if I waited until someone like me came around lol). And that's what ended up happening, sold it for 2k back in march i think.

Eitherway, the car has a massive cut along the passenger side floor board you can actually stick your finger through and feel the carpet. Drivers side trim is missing (i ended up picking up another one at the junkyard but didn't sell it with the car), no front lip, the hood sometimes pops open while your are driving....,clear coat is coming off on the not pictured front panel in the ad, guy i bought it from seemed to go ham with a buffer and actually took off some of the paint, random electrical things like gear shift icons not illuminated, there is a nasty shake that occurs in second gear, idk if the tranny is shot or if its a driveshaft problem, the odometer is finicky, there are some electrical gremlins in the lights there are straight up holes that leak water into the trunk, and consequently another hole under where the jack is stored. There seemed to be some sort of insect infestation at one point in the rear. Additionally there is a solid push in dent on the rear fender directly above the rear tails.

Oh and there are zero records of it's history.

Anyway, it's pretty ganked up and I wouldn't really recomend anyone buy it unless they are in for a project and happen to like etas. Or, buy it for 1000 b/c that's more appropriate for what it is.

Here are some pictures I have of my ownership showing the sketchy parts of this car:

Gash on underside:

this is that area with the carpet out, no idea how this happened:

remains of the infestion

this is why the gear shift is not illuminated:

and heres the dent:

so yeah, car is worth not 3500, but does look pretty sometimes. biggest concern would be the violent shaking from the driveline when you are in second. I find it amusing how deceptive people are on craigslist. I honestly felt like pretty slimly listing it at 2500 initially b/c I knew how terrible it was....

Comment

I would go ahead and link the gash, under carpet thing, and the violent shaking all together.

Comment

Working...
                                X