Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    Phewwww... F. That.

Here's something interesting. Not Craigslist, but interesting nonetheless. The automatic kills it for me with a price over $20k,

1987 BMW E30 Alpina C2 2.5 JDM 93k 2.5 1 of 74 Alpine White/Black

Up for sale is this very rare 1987 E30 BMW Alpina C2 2.5. This Alpina is a JDM car that was imported to the US a couple years ago. 1 of only 74 cars made, this is car number 36. It is fitted with an automatic transmission, as many were, but fortunately a 5-speed swap is incredibly easy on this E30's. This car has a number of upgrades done by a previous owner including the leather wrapped dash with Alpina color stitching, e-code headlights with HID kit, and a few other Alpina touches. This C2 runs and drives very well, and has been well maintained although there isn't much paperwork that came with the car when it was brought over. The stickers for the timing belt services are are the passenger front strut tower which is nice. The current owner is a local collector and is thinning out his garage (Be sure to keep an eye out for his 89' Alpina B10 3.5) There are a few items that aren't currently working on the car. They include the gas gauge, temp gauge, and the sound system. The radio power open, but won't pick up a station. The following DO work as they should...power windows, sunroof, AC, tach, speedometer, odometer, all exterior lights, wipers, etc. Extremely clean car with no signs of any accident damage in it's past.

I was surprised no one else had posted this sooner.

There's a lot of unanswered questions about that car..

It was sold by Mendel's Garage a year or two ago for about $500 less then the BIN on eBay.

I was really interested in it and actually pitched a best offer. Course, I also asked for a few key things I would need to authenticate it. 2 weeks later, still waiting.

There's nothing proving it's even got an Alpina motor in it, the hand stamped Alpina VIN tag is terrible looking, and wrong. I'd buy it just for the real Alpina parts (seats, spoiler, wheels, steering wheel..etc.) and that's it. If there was any documentation or photographic proof it left Buchloe or was a Synter conversion then maybe I would go higher then my offer...
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Hard to see squat with those photos as well. That car is rough around the edges and is overpriced. Clean it up, and get the details about it would help sell it.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

That car is local to me so if anyone is serious about it, PM me.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Day-um! Not on the price, but on the build and performance.

800HP Turbo 1989 BMW Drag Race Car wide body M3 325is Coupe Manual E30 - $12000

147 mph 9.7 quarter mile best time

Manual Transmission
          Race seats and belts
          Certified Roll cage
          Nitrous wet system makes 800hp
          E36 Custom balanced & blue printed engine JE pistons Pauter rods head gasket studs
          Monster turbo
          Huge intercooler
          1000hp axles
          1 piece driveshaft
          2 sets of racing wheels and tires Mickey Thompson
          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

ROFL this is great. I figured I'd check CL what the hell and stumbled on this.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

..I kind like that. It's so gawd awful, it's cool.
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/6030473781.html

OMG, not sure what's better, the car or the ad -- nice find!
                "A BMW that needs nothing, has an owner that's not paying attention."

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                  https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/6030473781.html

I have no other words for this.
                  Estoguy
                  1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

I love it haha.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

that flat brim dik wad is gonna hear crickets
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

The ad for that lifted car is obviously a joke, right? Not sure I would spend all that time building a car for a joke ad, but whatever.
                        1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Ahhhh.... V12 6-Speed.... :nice: schwing! Don't these usually go for $20-25k?

1992 BMW 850i 6 speed manual 87 k miles - $14000 (Westminster)

Rare car not in perfect condition but still very nice.
                          Heater core disconnected. No heat. Still runs fine
                          Paint has some scratches ...etc
                          But hey it's a super car .No check engine lights all fluids and filters have been replaced new plugs....... all the usual up keep.
                          I found this car and did my best to bring it back to its original state. I do not have any maintenance records so this is more of an Enthusiast car. Car collectors please realize it is not in perfect condition.
                          May be willing to trade for a classic pickup. .. if you want me to respond to you please leave a phone number and make it sound like you're not a computer or a scam
                          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

they are getting there. this is probably a good value. i have seen a couple on my local craigs for less than 3k in the last year. I'm sure they were shitters though.

just imagine that car with an s62 plumbed up under the hood.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

You can still find them for cheap.

Problem with them, if you defer the maintenance they turn in to giant paperweights very quickly. At one point, my buddy Ryan had three at the shop: One beautiful example (our other buddy Brian's) and POS silver 840i that has some weird electrical issues (still sitting in the show behind my Alpina) and a Burgundy one that was just in for basic service..

They are complicated cars and there are many home mechanics who think they can keep them running but fail miserable, and end up just trying to offload them for cheap.

The 850i is going to be the one to keep if you can get the cleanest example possible. And even if an Auto, a manual swap isn't super difficult.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I had a silver 850i 6 speed. Amazing car! but like djjerme said, they can be electrical and mechanical nightmares.

But there was nothing like rolling with the windows down (no B pillar) dropping it to 3rd on the freeway and romping on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 850.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	7190240
                                sigpic
                                Project: 87' 325iS... 325iS
                                88 Alpine 325i
                                1/2 88 325iX

Comment

Working...
                                X