No announcement yet.

$45,000 is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that fact that the car is a rep and no s14 in there makes its value pretty low. ya the job he did was freaking amazing. but the top value of the car is much closer to 30k. near mint m3 vert are able to be gotten at a lower cost and those are the ones that are more desirable. granted he can ask what ever he wants for his car, but he has been trying to sell it for over a year and hasn't been able to. but ya 45k is almost 50% too much for a "rep"-sorta cause the s50...
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by hrach1 View Post
      Cabrio M3s never had the newer larger tail lights
      I know. No e30 m3 had larg tails. I was saying most m3 reps are late model coupes.

Comment

Originally posted by tttoon View Post
        US S50? lolno

yeah basically. it needs the s38b38 or s50b32.

Comment

No. Just no. No matter what, that car is not an M3, and there's no way it's worth close to that. Is it a cool car? Heck yeah, but waaaay overpriced.

Just my $0.02. Or heck, my $45,000
          Originally posted by LJ851
          kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
          ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
          #teamross
          Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Beautiful car and beautiful work, but E30's don't have the right type of market to recoup 90% of the cost when you sell a project like this.
            sigpic
            "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

I wonder how much any of you experts are willing to pay for such a car. I mean really, right now!

Comment

Originally posted by LedJetta View Post
                cabrios didn't switch to big taillights at the same time as the rest of the e30s did.

They got the facelift in '92 IIRC
                I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Import one for way less. Nice car but...

http://www.europeanplates.com Build and Preview plates
                  R3V Discount Code = R3V2012

Comment

I know what vlad sold his replica for and his didn't go for that kind of money. Arguably, his had a nicer engine (s50 v. s52) with just as much work put into the rest (although I do love those wrapped console and door bits) I'm just going to leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by scottinAZ View Post
                      They got the facelift in '92 IIRC
                      '91

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                      I know what vlad sold his replica for and his didn't go for that kind of money. Arguably, his had a nicer engine (s50 v. s52) with just as much work put into the rest (although I do love those wrapped console and door bits) I'm just going to leave it at that.

there is really no difference in s50/52. stock hp is the same anyway. vlad put together a really nice car and i wouldn't take anything away from it, but it did have fiberglass quarter panels. this car has factory original m3 vert quarters. who else has completed a vert rep with those?

if i were to choose between these two vehicles, my personal preference would be the alpine car in question. i also prefer the white car's interior.

i know its a matter of taste, but i don't understand why people think alpine is a shitty color? i originally wasn't thrilled with that shade either, but there are so many beautiful e30's out there with this paint on it. the more i look at it, the more i like the icy coolness of that very slight blueish tint of white. sure beats bronzit.;)

you guys keep comparing this car to an original m3 vert which the seller clearly states it is not. this is a restomod for god's sake! it is superior in drivetrain and suspension compared to a factory car. this is the shit you wouldn't do if you had an original. the purchaser of this vehicle will be someone with a large bank account who doesn't have the time or skills to build this but wants something that can be driven the hell out of without worrying about destroying a rare piece of history.
                      Last edited by flyboyx; 06-16-2011, 01:33 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        the purchaser of this vehicle will be someone with a large bank account who doesn't have the time or skills to build this but wants something that can be driven the hell out of without worrying about destroying a rare piece of history.
                        the purchaser is spending $45k to drive the hell out of something?

Comment

Originally posted by brainspo0n View Post
                          the purchaser is spending $45k to drive the hell out of something?
                          Especially a vert..

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            why is an m3 cabrio a pointless joke?
                            A buddy of mine is a car collector and he has 2 geniune E30 M3 'verts. I've spent some time with them. I first thought they were cool, but it soon became obvious that the car has no real purpose.

The whole point of the E30 M3 is that it's a Grp.A homologation special. It's the king of the momentum cars with an amazing chassis. Cut the top off and it's just another '80s cabrio with a floppy chassis and loose handling. Why do that to an M3? If you want an E30 cabrio, there's nothing wrong with an M-Tech II.

BTW, like you, I also love cabrios. My daily driver is an '88 560SL. Some cars are made for cruising, and some are made for the track. No point in taking a track star and trying to turn it into a cruiser.

Originally posted by europeanplates View Post
                            Import one for way less.
                            Exactly. If you're dying for an E30 M3 'vert, you can buy a REAL one for less money. This looks like a nice, clean car (with a number of issues BTW) but it'll always be a replica. And it's a replica that doesn't even have the correct engine.

What's the logic in paying more for a replica than the real deal?
                            Last edited by Emre; 06-26-2011, 08:22 PM. Reason: typo fixed
                            sigpic
                            1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                            2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

This was exactly what I was thinking from scrolling to the top towards the bottom:

"Bidding has ended at $45k" - Wow lucky seller and buyer!
                              "Note this is not like those other M3 Vert replicas" - Here we go again..
                              "Real M3 panels" - Okay
                              "US S50" - LOL. not only is it not an S14, it's not even an S52, it's an S50, and a US one at that.
                              "Clarion head unit" - All that work to get and they put in an ugly aftermarket HU.

All and all, this is a $25K Vehicle at the most. really can't believe it got this much. You're paying for a replica..that's not even a good replica?
                              Originally posted by TSI
                              ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                              OEM+

Comment

A car is worth different amount in different people's eyes.
                                This car was clean as funk when I used to see it in person, maybe not $45k though.
                                Maybe around $20-25k.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                                X