X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Restored" E30 in Buford GA

Strike 1: Asking Price
    Strike 2: Autotragic
    Strike 3: Plenty of "unrestored" E30's have less cracks in the dash. How you can you call that "restored"?!

I hate people like this...

www.truegearhead.com
    - bad decisions & questionable cars

Sure he might be asking a bit much...but that is a clean vert, minus the slushbox. Atleast he has taste. Why the hate?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

You think an M20 slushbox and a dash with more cracks than a plumbers convention is worth $10k? The seats are nice but thats it. It would cost at most $2k to have the interior redone so where is the other 8 grand? If it was an M50 swap with 5 speed I'd give it my blessing, but this guys asking price isn't even in the same universe as the real price.
      www.truegearhead.com
      - bad decisions & questionable cars

Comment

Originally posted by ReallyDirtyThirty View Post
        You think an M20 slushbox and a dash with more cracks than a plumbers convention is worth $10k? The seats are nice but thats it. It would cost at most $2k to have the interior redone so where is the other 8 grand? If it was an M50 swap with 5 speed I'd give it my blessing, but this guys asking price isn't even in the same universe as the real price.
        Sorry, but if you would have read my post I believe I said he is asking a bit much. Reading ftw.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

wut?
          sigpic
          Originally posted by JinormusJ
          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Yeah, the price is high, but the car appears to be clean other than the dash. It also comes with a good condition hardtop, which is worth at least 1k. For the asking price he needs to at least list highlights of the work done, but it's not that bad.
            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              Sure he might be asking a bit much...but that is a clean vert, minus the slushbox. Atleast he has taste. Why the hate?
              Exactly if you like pony the cash up and buy it otherwise let it go. It's childish to moan and groan about what someone asks for their property.

They have the right to put any price they want on it, hence why it's great to live in a country with free choice.
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

well here is a little run down from what i see
                hard top-1k
                wheels and tires-2k
                lowered-500-1k
                if he replaces soft top-1k
                redone interior-1k
                has had motor work,
                and its a late model vert that right there puts the price at 4-6k

Comment

You would pay 10k for an m50 and a 5speed in an E30. I see three problems with it, three dash cracks, it is otherwise immaculate. Some rich guy who had one when he was young and wants it for the nostalgia factor and to go on Sunday cruises with is wife. He will eventually get what he is asking for it.

Comment

dude let it go. There are reasons people put price tags on cars like this. I bet his wife wants him to sell it, and he is doing just that "selling" it. It won't "sell", then they will be "stuck" with it. In any case, the car is probably worth 5 to 6k.
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Rigmaster
                    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Strike 1: Asking Price
                      Strike 2: Autotragic
                      Strike 3: Plenty of "unrestored" E30's have less cracks in the dash. How you can you call that "restored"?!

I hate people like this...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2480626214.html
                      Why the hate indeed!? The car is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, plain and simple.

Get over it man.

Comment

dont we have a CL thread?
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Never seen a switch placed on the rear speaker panel like this before. Must be to pop the touneau cover?
                          Last edited by robrez; 07-12-2011, 03:47 PM.
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Very clean and good looking cabrio ..........
                            Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
                            ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
                            E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

I noticed the button too.

Not a bad Idea if you have the "electro/mechanical" conversion. You don't need stretch armstrong arms to hold the button while holding the back of the top up while the tonneu actuates.
                              Suspension tips here...
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X