2002 owners are serious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 owners are serious

2002 owners are some serious collectors compared to the E30 guys. These guys do not haggle on prices or tell you that they are going to buy thing and then come back and tell you that something has come up. R3v and FAQ are two totally different cultures. FAQ moves really slow, but have a lot of great guys info such as R3v. Like I am selling some Alpina ITBS for $5.5k, and they sold in one day. Just my rant of the day.
    _________

Rep Savannah Crew

I agree. Everyone I have met through FAQ has been great and very stand up. I think it comes with the general age of each forum. FAQ has an older crowd that will not tolerate shenanigans.

Comment

E30s are still budget BMWs. it'll take a while to thin out the people who just bought them for the badge.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

stool brory cro?

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
        ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
        Originally posted by JakeP
        with a coathanger

Comment

Originally posted by jasonsnoddy View Post
          stool brory cro?
          real cool homie
          _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

those were [i]your[i] ITBs? How the hell, dude. I want some :(
            cars beep boop

Comment

Pics of the ITB?
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                Pics of the ITB?

IMAG0404 by pwagon717, on Flickr

IMAG0407 by pwagon717, on Flickr
                _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

Those cost $5,500?!
                  r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pwagon717 View Post
                    2002 owners are some serious collectors compared to the E30 guys. These guys do not haggle on prices or tell you that they are going to buy thing and then come back and tell you that something has come up. R3v and FAQ are two totally different cultures. FAQ moves really slow, but have a lot of great guys info such as R3v. Like I am selling some Alpina ITBS for $5.5k, and they sold in one day. Just my rant of the day.
                    Yep. Been on that forum for years now. Love it. Know a good amount of the Bay Area guys. They even helped me find a place to live.
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                      I agree. Everyone I have met through FAQ has been great and very stand up. I think it comes with the general age of each forum. FAQ has an older crowd that will not tolerate shenanigans.
                      Even the younger people on the FAQ are... well... a tad less shifty. There are a good amount of young guys with 2002's. Like me.

But I'm shifty ;)
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

What do you expect? Most people here buy their cars for less than half of your ITB's.
                        Originally posted by LJ851
                        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                          Even the younger people on the FAQ are... well... a tad less shifty. There are a good amount of young guys with 2002's. Like me.

But I'm shifty ;)

i'm a young guy as well and love that forum. What I meant was that the OG's of that forum are older/mature, which is reflected in that community.

Comment

Something I've noticed about the FAQ is that there tends to be less marginal or outright bad information than I see on r3v. I have to agree with yert315- it's a totally different set of people.

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                              What do you expect? Most people here buy their cars for less than half of your ITB's.
                              Truth. I bought my E30 for less than half that and am selling my SVT Focus that is supercharged and a slew of other mods for what you sold a set of ITB's for.
                              91 318is M50 swapped
                              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                              X