500 Abarth in the states?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 Abarth in the states?

Have not seen a thread about this yet but the abarth became available in the U.S. market yesterday. I am getting up early tomorrow to stop in the fiat dealer with my friend who is looking for a small car to dd so he doesn't have to use his leaf sprung solid axle swapped on 37" mudders ranger every day. So hopefully I can give an update tomorrow

Discuss

looks like a shoe. do not want.

would rather have an orignal Abarth 1000TC with porsche 3.6 twin turbo + 6 speed swapped.

Comment

Originally posted by ALYKZANDYR View Post
      looks like a shoe. do not want.

would rather have an orignal Abarth 1000TC with porsche 3.6 twin turbo + 6 speed swapped.

This looks like a fucking shoe as well.

The fuck?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

paging blefevre...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

A friend is resorting an old 500. Has the Abarth engine with the dual TBs and trumpets ready to go in.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

The new one is cool, but I think it's overpriced for the "performance."

Comment

You won't be dissapointed in this, my mate's missus has one, and we took it out on country roads, and it sticks like shit to the road. :-)
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
              If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

I said if they had brought these to America, I would buy one. What do i do? A new car is such a bad investment... And its part made by Chrysler..

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                  I said if they had brought these to America, I would buy one. What do i do? A new car is such a bad investment... And its part made by Chrysler..
                  You and I are in the same spot. I was ready to pull the trigger the second the Abarth was announced. I have been saving my nickels ever since I heard they were coming. When I first went to the dealer, I was told the Abarth wouldn't be out for a while so I should just wait.

I have heard from a few different people that Alfa will be returning to the states, so I'm going to wait and see where that goes. I would much rather have an Alfa Romeo.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxDriver86 View Post
                    I would much rather have an Roflmao.

I'd lovvee a 131 Abarth....new. They need to bring them back....and ship 'em over here.
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Best news all week.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

500 is a horrible. Car is tiny, under powered , overpriced and not as nice as they'd like you to think it is. They actually stopped producing engines for it already due to lack of sales and dealers have something crazy like a 181 day supply of 500's. Fiat as a brand in the US is a joke. They have almost no dealer network and launched with a horrible car for this market. A car from any other segment would do better. And who goes from a ranger on 37in mudders to a 500. If he wants a "hot hatch" with euro prestige, tell him go with the JCW Mini Cooper. Or better yet spend a third of that money and get a very nice e30. I have a Wrangler with dana 44 solid axles with 33" mudders and 4 in lift. Its my winter DD :-).
                        I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
                        Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                          500 is a horrible. Car is tiny, under powered , overpriced and not as nice as they'd like you to think it is. They actually stopped producing engines for it already due to lack of sales and dealers have something crazy like a 181 day supply of 500's. Fiat as a brand in the US is a joke. They have almost no dealer network and launched with a horrible car for this market. A car from any other segment would do better. And who goes from a ranger on 37in mudders to a 500. If he wants a "hot hatch" with euro prestige, tell him go with the JCW Mini Cooper. Or better yet spend a third of that money and get a very nice e30. I have a Wrangler with dana 44 solid axles with 33" mudders and 4 in lift. Its my winter DD :-).
                          They are sold through chrysler, so they have a huge dealer network.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

My friend has had a Prima edition one for over a year now. For $18k, the Sport is pretty nice.

Comment

I really don't understand the hate. They are decently cheap, look neat, have a nice interior and decent performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X