0-60 3.6 seconds only 63 grand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FifeDog236
    The only image I get when I picture myself driving this car is leaving your slow ass behind.
    Well put.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

c6 z06 is a great looking car with tons of power for your money. Whoever said the comment about the Ariel Atom, lol, stop. It looks like a blast if you have the money to throw around, but it's a F'ing adult sized go-kart.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

two seats and a motor, what else do you need in a sports car?
        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          two seats and a motor, what else do you need in a sports car?
          A roof would be nice.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

for some i guess. I see it as a safe bike, which by my rationale is the ultimate sports car. YMMV.
            BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
              for some i guess. I see it as a safe bike, which by my rationale is the ultimate sports car. YMMV.

Way too chicken shit to get on a bike - I'd kill myself.

Comment

So far the only people I have met with new Z06's are pretty wealthy Ferrari and Porsche owners. My girlfriends dad has one comming in about two weeks. I have driven a C6, and its completely different than the C5. I had a new 997 and the C6 sitting side by side, and quite honestly the C6 was a step nicer than the 997. The C6 transmission feels so much better than the C5, and it drives better than any german car I have ever been in. This isn't a bang for the buck car, this car is world class. They had them at Petit LeMans last weekend, and they look even more badass in person. I can't wait to ride in one! For once, American cars are actually using multipiston calipers...the brakes on the Z06 were nothing short of massive.

On a side note, the GT3RS isn't available in America, and to build a replica costs upwards of $175k, ask me how I know. The wheels alone are $7000, spoiler was a hair over $5k, and the list goes on. The GT3 is close, but doesn't perform a 1/3 of the Z06. Your closest competitor is going to be in the $200+k range. Thats if you can even get a F430...in which Ferrari cut America 1/4th of the cars because of the increasing difference in value between the US Dollar and the Italian whatever.

On another side note about the M5, there was a blue one at the Rolex series at VIR this weekend. It was a rep from BMW, with only the miles from NJ to VA. It was already breaking...the rep was astonished at how poorly the car was built....he said that to us. He drove it down the paddock, and the clunking was so loud from the differential that I could hear it atleast 50 yards away. Our E90 is more problems than the BMW dealership can deal with...infact they want us to give the car back as a lemon, but it appears from the E90 boards that its not at all uncommon. BMW doesn't even paint under the hood, or the trunk anymore. I, having driven several new BMW's recently for many thousand miles, wouldn't spend my money to buy one. I would gladly walk to Mercedes or Audi...even GM to buy a new car. Ford hasn't gotten much better, but the new Mustang did pull some pretty good numbers at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by whakiewes
                  So far the only people I have met with new Z06's are pretty wealthy Ferrari and Porsche owners. My girlfriends dad has one comming in about two weeks. I have driven a C6, and its completely different than the C5. I had a new 997 and the C6 sitting side by side, and quite honestly the C6 was a step nicer than the 997. The C6 transmission feels so much better than the C5, and it drives better than any german car I have ever been in. This isn't a bang for the buck car, this car is world class. They had them at Petit LeMans last weekend, and they look even more badass in person. I can't wait to ride in one! For once, American cars are actually using multipiston calipers...the brakes on the Z06 were nothing short of massive.

On a side note, the GT3RS isn't available in America, and to build a replica costs upwards of $175k, ask me how I know. The wheels alone are $7000, spoiler was a hair over $5k, and the list goes on. The GT3 is close, but doesn't perform a 1/3 of the Z06. Your closest competitor is going to be in the $200+k range. Thats if you can even get a F430...in which Ferrari cut America 1/4th of the cars because of the increasing difference in value between the US Dollar and the Italian whatever.

On another side note about the M5, there was a blue one at the Rolex series at VIR this weekend. It was a rep from BMW, with only the miles from NJ to VA. It was already breaking...the rep was astonished at how poorly the car was built....he said that to us. He drove it down the paddock, and the clunking was so loud from the differential that I could hear it atleast 50 yards away. Our E90 is more problems than the BMW dealership can deal with...infact they want us to give the car back as a lemon, but it appears from the E90 boards that its not at all uncommon. BMW doesn't even paint under the hood, or the trunk anymore. I, having driven several new BMW's recently for many thousand miles, wouldn't spend my money to buy one. I would gladly walk to Mercedes or Audi...even GM to buy a new car. Ford hasn't gotten much better, but the new Mustang did pull some pretty good numbers at the track.
                  A good read, i honestly hope horrible things upon all of the new BMW's, i hate the direction the company is going. Hopefully next time they switch models they will get their asses in gear and start building cars focused on performance, not lux.

They could easily build a car equivlent to the e36 M3 in performance only with new styling and other things like nav, etc. There is no reason to be wasting these great lightweight engines in heavy ass cars.
                  94 325is

Comment

Originally posted by catalyst.
                    A good read, i honestly hope horrible things upon all of the new BMW's, i hate the direction the company is going. Hopefully next time they switch models they will get their asses in gear and start building cars focused on performance, not lux.

They could easily build a car equivlent to the e36 M3 in performance only with new styling and other things like nav, etc. There is no reason to be wasting these great lightweight engines in heavy ass cars.
                    Who the fuck cares, honestly? I'm never buying a new car ever again. If I have way too much money and want to buy something, I'll buy an E34 M5 or MAYBE an e39. Otherwise, I'll take 5-10+ year old cars any day.

Comment

Working...
                    X