Drift question when you are right handed or left handed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drift question when you are right handed or left handed

Some days ago i had the discussion with a friend who is left handed about drifting in left and right turns. I'm right handed and i told him that i have a better/safer feeling when i'm drifting in left turns. He told me thats the complete difference for him, he is more safe in a right turn.

So how about you?
    I'm right handed and i feel safer drifting in a left turn
    45.00%
    I'm right handed and i feel safer drifting in a right turn
    27.50%
    I'm left handed and i feel safer drifting in a left turn
    7.50%
    I'm left handed and i feel safer drifting in a right turn
    5.00%
    There is no difference for me, i'm a pro!
    15.00%
    *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

I wouldnt call myself a 'drifter', but i do love to slide around. I prefer hanging the ass out through left turns and i am right handed.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

I'm ambidextrous and I prefer the right handers because you can better visualize where your headed with angle/speed etc..But thats just my opinion.
      sigpic

Comment

usually right handed drivers will tend to feel more comfortable sliding left. In my experience practice changes all this. Enough stick time and you can drift left and right with equal comfort

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

I'm no pro.
          But it doesn't make a difference to me. I voted right hand left turn purely because it seems easier to initiate a left turn. After that no problemo.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I'm just going to leave this here. KEEP DRIFTING FUN. That is all.
            sigpic

Comment

thank you for the votes and comments. lets wait and see if there is a trend :) ... i'm exited!
              *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

I wonder if eye dominance matters?

Originally posted by Roysneon
                $5 shipped?
                Originally posted by MarkD
                You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

I'm right handed, an I'm more comfortable going into a left turn. For me, I think, it's because of how the steering acts and how it is easier to adjust the wheel with your right hand while sliding in a left turn. If that makes any sense....

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I don't really feel "safer" one way or the other, but I am definitely more controlled going into rights than lefts.
                    1989 325i m50b25tu swap
                    1989 325i (sold)

Comment

my car has a stock diff. i can only go left! feels great drifting left, im right handed as well. but im a pure novice at drifting. popped a few tires though:D

dont mean to thread jack but does anyone have a welded diff and HAte it while driving on the freeway or bald tires?

Comment

I prefer left turns simply because there is less body roll/less understeer due to my weight being on the inside of the car on the turn. Getting sideways doesn't matter to me. The place I always practiced has a right followed by a left and I don't have a preference.

Comment

I'm semi ambidextrous, but right hand dominate (if that makes sense). I feel comfortable with right turns, but left still feels a little more natural
                          sigpic

Comment

I am not sure I even know how to drift but I feel way more comfortable sliding in a left hand turn than in a right hand turn.

When I was 16 I always did doughnuts in the 'maro while turning to the left. Maybe that's why?

right handed
                            skate/ride regular
                            push mongo
                            John

Comment

Originally posted by lovinmye30 View Post
                              dont mean to thread jack but does anyone have a welded diff and HAte it while driving on the freeway or bald tires?
                              Freeway? No
                              Bald tires? No
                              City driving. ANY city driving? Yes.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X