Time to move on to a different car.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie
    35 mpg and a suspension that doesn't remove fillings is nice for a DD.

-Charlie
    lol

Comment

The E30 is valuable to me...shouldn't be a DD anymore

Nick isn't the only one.. I have similiar ideas: It is time to move on to another DD.
      My E30 never really was a daily driver..but has seen 20+ miles in the 7 years I've owned it. I don't want it to be a daily driver come this summer when I'm done with school and have to commute to work every day @7-7:30am.
      I don't use my car everyday since I live on campus..but I think it's time to get a "no hassels/worries" daily driver. I've talked with my parents about a new Z4 5spd. 2.5i so we'll see how that works out. I prob wont have it till nov or dec 04'. I'd be paying $600 month..but I'd always have the drop top 2 seater I wanted :)
      Best of all my E30 will be taken car of in the garage..were i can work on modding it. With the condition it's in..I have a mint condition project car to work with (the paint job is currently 4 months old & almost everything on the car is new) During the holidays I scored a a new set of real alpina sway bars, a rear skirt and ACS side skirts. I also got a full front end bra for long highways trips...esp.for my trip to Savannah Georgia this summer to help my bro move into college.

Nick: I know what your talking about..Old cars- If you love urs and you have your priorities set..that's all that matters. I've had my car for 7 years..(before you know it our cars will have classic plates and insurance)

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37
        just wondering, but how the hell do u know when your frame is getting weak?
        Good question indeed, my car isnt the one competing for lowest mileage here.....it would be an interesting thing to know
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

-Charlie
          Since when do H&R Sports remove fillings? :P

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave

-Charlie
            Try driving on roads where winter actually occurs, Ohio has some of the worst roads I have ever seen. You boys with your 500+ coil over setups would rip the subframes out of your car.

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

yeah my h&r sports are plenty stiff on the roads around here.. if only we had smooth roads like you southerners. :P
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Anyone have a place where the roads are thin and heavily traveled by large (semi-trucks and dump trucks) vehicles?

It causes the road to actually ripple over time, making some horrible roads :P

Comment

yes, quite a few of the roads around here have pretty bad ruts in them from all the heavy traffic. Crossing intersections is quite the jolting experience..
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I know my frame is weak because i pay so much attention to making sure the car doesn't break. I don't want to do that anymore.

I have some new considerations too. I hear many good things from e36 M3 owners, and not so good things from e30 owners that say the e36 is not reliable.

There is too much bias i'll have to filter through, but in the end, i've decided that if i don't feel comfortable with a e36 M3, i only have 2 other cars i'll even CONSIDER.

A 5 spd 2000 S4, or a 2000/1/2 Lexus IS300.

The S4 is still prcey, but the Lexus was VERY comparable to the 330i, Toyota build quality is top-notch, not to mention ALL car manufacturers are going to TPS engineering techniques or something to that effect (my buddy is a process engineer who told me this), you can get them for around 15-18 with under 50K miles and still under warranty.

They come stock with clear corners, xenons, big wheels, etc. I may go that route.

I think if you address the water pump, t-stat, and particular bushings, and e36 M3 is a good choice if it comes from an enthusiast.

We'll see what happens. I'm glad i'm getting alot of input from you guys, thanks again.
                    Nick

87 325 5MT
                    02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Try driving on roads where winter actually occurs,

My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave

-Charlie
                        Try driving on roads where winter actually occurs, Ohio has some of the worst roads I have ever seen. You boys with your 500+ coil over setups would rip the subframes out of your car.

-Charlie
                        I drove on the ohio turnpike, which was quality, but the roads i had to take to get from 23 to the turnpike were horrid.

By the way, the Maumee courthouse sucks. If you even want to call it a courthouse. The judge there sucked too.
                        Nick

87 325 5MT
                        02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Working...
                        X