No announcement yet.

More E30 drifting than you can stand *vid*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha... good stuff. And drifting is not based on creativity, PURE driving skill and total car control are what make's it what it is.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by motorprestige
      hahaha... good stuff. And drifting is not based on creativity, PURE driving skill and total car control are what make's it what it is.
      Some people look down on drifting. Those people are usally the ones that havent tried anything sideways over 50mph. ( Or they just love grip driving. )

Comment

Drifting is figure skating.

Period.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
          Drifting is figure skating.

Period.

-Charlie
          Tell me something i dont know.

Comment

I'm not pro/anti drifting or whatever, but... parts of it are kind of cool.

I think as parking lot autocross gets more popular, and more people take car control clinics and learn to drive from lock to lock, etc. interest in it will grow ...it has the thrill of track time without the technical requirements of driving at speed; it's a good spectator sport...

it has some exaggerated/newer driving techniques... and in lots of sports (skateboarding, skiing) new techniques look, um, well faggy at first... but whatever...

I remember taking my '73 saab out and doing powdered donuts... in reverse... squealing tires are happy tires!
            Last edited by Febi Guibo; 11-01-2005, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I can only drift in the dirt

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen

that stuff on the track was pretty cool i guess. but is "drifting" the only thing Japanese people know how to do with their cars? It just seems to waste what the e30 is really good for, not to mention tearing up an m20 in one afternoon.
                Ever heard of the JGTC?

Originally posted by golde30
                cool video. that henna m3 was freakin sweet.
                Looks too orange to be henna, I think its a custom paint job.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                  Looks too orange to be henna, I think its a custom paint job.
                  i think u may be rite, my monitor at work is very dark and shitty, looking at it at home it looks lighter orange...still badass though.

BTW: yer fuckin avatar is the shit! HAHAHA
                  IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I thought the video was OK. Drifting is tons of fun. I can honestly say that I've never drifted going faster than 40 mph. It was a slower drift. It was tons of fun though! I wouldn't be able to do it an entire day, though.

The thing that bugged me the most was the parking lot. That was VERY unsafe. They were only car lengths away from each other. If one of them had messed up, there woulda been a mess of e30 parts.

Something else, but damn, lots of those E30's looked NICE! Was it just, or did almost all of the e30s have the ACS Body kit (that or racing dynamics) on them? (front lip and rear valance). God, that looks soo sweet. I want that so bad. lol

However, to me, drifting would only be fun for so long. I much rather prefer track driving with a nice amount of oversteer. Occasionally, I'd like to drift.

Overall, I thought the video wasn't bad. We needed more track drifting though! ;)
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

i like the vid. alot of clean looking e30's too.
                      -Frank
                      1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                      1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                      2001 525i

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta
                        Some people look down on drifting. Those people are usally the ones that havent tried anything sideways over 50mph. ( Or they just love grip driving. )
                        Either that, or they just lack the skill to do it. I love both grip, and drift. Not many people know the origin or intent of initiating slip angle to clear a corner, so they just blatantly call it a fake motorsport. It in fact is not a motorsport, but a technique wich all good drivers should learn. It is merely another form of car control, most suitable to clearing a corner wich is extremely sharp and/or greater than the steering angle the car is capable of, so you use a slip angle to make the car rotate, not to just get "sideways" and make a bunch of smoke and noise.

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

nice to people in another country so dedicated to the e30. good stuff.

-Prince
                          Randall Prince
                          http://www.rp1.us/ Used Cars

Comment

Working...
                          X