Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stamar View Post
    Ya you tell em.

Im personally dying to meet people who spend 1000s on maintenance on old rusty heaps from the 80s.

Youre a bawler bro you have a crappy old bmw.

kind of like playskools my first luxury car. You can practice dumping money on random stuff. and paying th 95$ shop rate too. Breaks down a lot so you can practice.

sending unit 200$ fixed out the door baller.

i gott news for you dude, if you think like that this is not the car for you. You need to know where to get parts for cheap and do it yourself or theres no point. Your cars not worth a fraction of what you think it is.
    ah, an aggressively ignorant cheapskate, i bet you use home depot hardware.

you 'gott' no news for me- i've owned BMW's since you were shitting yellow. none have any rust and they all have had strictly BMW or OEM parts installed by me.

your attitude makes old bmw's crappy- the fukd up PO who ghetto rigs whatever he can

Comment

No problemo here but kudos to Gregs///M for the suggestions
      Sterling Silver 1990 325i BMWCCA #24133

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post

you 'gott' no news for me- i've owned BMW's since you were shitting yellow. none have any rust and they all have had strictly BMW or OEM parts installed by me.

your attitude makes old bmw's crappy- the fukd up PO who ghetto rigs whatever he can

Hey man dont soil your depends. With your yellow green or whatever colored shit those things dont grow on trees.

You can keep any car running forever if you dump money in it. Theres plenty of angry old men with limp weiners who have a caddilac and a 72 ford f150 hanging out.

Old vw bug, whatever. Whatever classic car you can want.

If you spend like 5000$ getting your crappy e30 pimped out what you really want is something valuable like a porsche 911 or a corvette.
        cause itll cost the same only people actually want a 911 its not some mass produced commuter car.

You can keep your chrysler cordoba in perfect condition forever too. Only I dont want to be that guy Id rather spend the same money on something nicer.

Pull the sending unit from a junkyard car. dont even pay for it pocket it. Put $200 towards the new car fund. Nobody cares about your new sending unit.

Skip the angry old man with soiled depends club who thinks an e30 bmw is a valuable car. That club is for people who arent that interesting to hang out with I promise you.
        Last edited by stamar; 08-19-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post

Thats not being a cheapskate. If you can get something cheaper why not go for it. Let's face it, we have e30s partially because we are enthusiasts but also partially because we're broke. My
          87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post
            Hey man dont soil your depends. With your yellow green or whatever colored shit those things dont grow on trees.

You can keep any car running forever if you dump money in it. Theres plenty of angry old men with limp weiners who have a caddilac and a 72 ford f150 hanging out.

Old vw bug, whatever. Whatever classic car you can want.

If you spend like 5000$ getting your crappy e30 pimped out what you really want is something valuable like a porsche 911 or a corvette.
            cause itll cost the same only people actually want a 911 its not some mass produced commuter car.

You can keep your chrysler cordoba in perfect condition forever too. Only I dont want to be that guy Id rather spend the same money on something nicer.

Pull the sending unit from a junkyard car. dont even pay for it pocket it. Put $200 towards the new car fund. Nobody cares about your new sending unit.

Skip the angry old man with soiled depends club who thinks an e30 bmw is a valuable car. That club is for people who arent that interesting to hang out with I promise you.
            Yeah no shit eh, if we'd all stop wasting money by taking care of our cars we could afford what we really want: something valuable like a 1970's motorhome.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
              Haha I remember when I was 16 and making $8 an hour, keep saving those Little Ceasers paychecks and you'll be able to take care of a car someday too.

I'm really hoping he's trying to troll.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

When I was 16 I also worked at Little Ceaser's Pizza back in 91 making $4.25 which was minimum wage at the time. All of it went towards my car and community college ($11 a unit at the time). At least I got free food and drinks. It was really fun working there until i made manager...
                Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-19-2012, 01:20 PM.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

dude my 1985 toyota dolphin is worth about 6k in money I could get tommorow. highly desired vehicle that people actually will wait in line to look at.
                  A toyota truck with 87k miles? Hell ya. You can talk shit to a toyota motor home all day if you want to look like a fool. Toyota trucks suck? Thats the first thing an idiot will say.

I sold the 79 toyota for a 2500$ markup in one day to someone who drove 400 miles.

bmw e30s are not like that not universally desired or valuable.

If I have to dd a bmw or some unreliable car ( I dd a camaro before the bmw) I better have a japanese truck to bail me out. before the toyota it was a nissan that never broke down in 4 years.

6k is nothing really but its more than most e30 owners carry around.

If youd rather have a e30 than a toyota motorhomee with 87k miles thats your judgement I guess.

But I tell you what, I have a bmw e30 convertible right here and if you find me a toyota motorhome, get me a sunrader, its yours.

thats likee trading apple stock for half its value in top ramen futures.

Its fun to drive. Its cool for the 80s. Ive had it for a year and a half i know all about it. its a fun to drive crappy old car. Nobody is impressed dont go broke restoring it.

most e30 owners are like the 3rd kid who didnt get the hand me down accord and got to pick a 1500 car from craigslist. its the fastest thing money can buy
                  Last edited by stamar; 08-19-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I'm not interested in your clapped out cabriolet or your rotten old Toyota, I just find it hilarious you're criticizing one niche while (poorly) attempting to justify a similar one.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by e30Villain View Post
                      So not down to spend 90 bucks. Rather put that towards wheels.
                      Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                      dumbest shit I've ever heard.
                      Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                      You must of Been a Volkswagen Owner.
                      Hahaha! Yep, that $90 will get you one used wheel, which'll look sweet when your car is sitting on the side of the road, out of gas. Why the hell would you start a thread with a technical question (in the wrong section, no less) if you have no intention of fixing it? On a related note, my gas gauge works fine.
                      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                      You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                        I'm not interested in your clapped out cabriolet or your rotten old Toyota, I just find it hilarious you're criticizing one niche while (poorly) attempting to justify a similar one.
                        Im not interested in your peice of crap wannabe baller 1988 e30 bud.

But the difference is, theres millions oof people interested in a toyota motorhome its not a niche.

And hardly anyone cares about an 1988 bmw e30. most people that see it in the parking lot think youre a loser.

But who cares? Im not spending time explaining to you relative values of vehicles.

Whoever spends 90$ for a sending unit, and doesnt understand you can get one in the junkyard, or at worst case paypal one from a part out, or at even worst case just not worry about it.
                        for a 1980s e30

Is a straight crackhead, and there is no real need to look into why they think this makes sense.

What sort of discussion could you even have with them but to call them an idiot? And if they could grasp that would they even be an idiot in the first place? Its philosophical.

Learn to get the parts cheaper.

Comment

Just fill it up and record the milage and drive 400 miles and do it again
                          GL

Comment

Originally posted by quikveedb2 View Post
                            Hahaha! Yep, that $90 will get you one used wheel, which'll look sweet when your car is sitting on the side of the road, out of gas. Why the hell would you start a thread with a technical question (in the wrong section, no less) if you have no intention of fixing it? On a related note, my gas gauge works fine.
                            I started this thread to see if this was a common problem or not. And second I never said I was goin to spend 90 bucks on wheels you smartass. I said I'd put it towards it. Brush up on your English and get back to me.
                            Last edited by e30Villain; 08-19-2012, 03:51 PM.
                            87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Remove the sending unit from the pump assemble. Spray carb fluid into the tiny hole then shake the floater up and down a few time. When you dump out the carb fluid you should see blank/brown flecks. Do this about 5x or until you see no more flecks and the floater move up and down freely. Your gas gauge should be reading correctly after re-install.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                                Remove the sending unit from the pump assemble. Spray carb fluid into the tiny hole then shake the floater up and down a few time. When you dump out the carb fluid you should see blank/brown flecks. Do this about 5x or until you see no more flecks and the floater move up and down freely. Your gas gauge should be reading correctly after re-install.
                                im taking you up on that. If yooure right you rule and the two morons I just argued with for fun owe you 90$

One of thems an old rich crochety fart and the other is a yuppie who spends thousands of dollars to look cool to some teenagers.

Comment

Working...
                                X