No announcement yet.

She's gone... (E30 S50 vs Prius) Edit: Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can help you out if you need a good comparable e30 ad. I am in the final stages for the sale of my car. My car is killer.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

Did someone seriously say something about r3v, the word gay, and maturity in one n00b post?

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
        I can help you out if you need a good comparable e30 ad. I am in the final stages for the sale of my car. My car is killer.
        That would be awesome! I have yours and Jixer's as two I'm going to use to prove the value of my car. I am also going to use stock E30's current private market prices as evidence of my car's value.
        RIP: Delphin '89 E30 with S50 swap and lots of goodies :'(

Then: '04 Evo 8 RS, 500 whp/420 wtq 2900 lb E85 AWD turbo shits 'n giggles

Now: 2003 BMW M5 in Sterling Gray

Comment

wow, sorry to see your loss. Atleast the prius is the cleanest Ive seen :)
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
          LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by 101 View Post
            Really sorry to see this. Such a nice car but the buckled roof is a death sentence.

However - why not try the following ...

1) Play hardball with the other guy's insurance company. You had a nice car, not an average $2500 car. Do not settle without a fight. They WILL negotiate if you can get some good comparable prices.

2) Buy the salvage vehicle back for a few hundred bucks.

3) Find yourself a nice shell or something with a blown engine. Aren't you guys in southern CA tripping over nice rust free E30's out there?

4) Park the cars side by side and transfer all the goodies to the repalcement car. Part out what's left. If you have enough friends and enough beer this should go pretty fast.

5) If you can do most of the work yourself you should be able to make a profit on the transaction. If not, you should have enough money to pay someone to do the engine/transmission and most everything else can be done on jack stands.

Yes, your car is gone but its soul could live on in another shell.

Good luck! And take care of that neck pronto!
            I plan to play hardball. Especially because we have the SAME insurance company. And it's the best! USAA.

IF they pay me out really well, I will buy back the car and keep it, and swap everything to a new E30. I will use the money to buy my friend's M3 as my DD and keep the new E30 as a garage queen. Here's hoping!

Originally posted by Jean View Post
            You must get a second and third opinion. A bunch of "doctors" are idiots, so you can't trust what just one of them says... fact.

Also, since clearly it was the other dudes fault, see a doctor and a lawyer and start looking up similar modded e30s otherwise you'll be a getting a "2000-3000" value slapped on your car.
            Yeah the doctor was kind of a jackass. He was some young dude and when I asked him if there was any chance of me having 'weird problems down the road, recurring pain or headaches' and he says (I'm quoting word for word): 'Only weird people have weird problems, and you don't seem like a weird guy.'

Wow. Yeah. Very scientific, Dr. Philosoraptor.

Comment

Originally posted by DisgustipatedAP1 View Post

Yeah the doctor was kind of a jackass. He was some young dude and when I asked him if there was any chance of me having 'weird problems down the road, recurring pain or headaches' and he says (I'm quoting word for word): 'Only weird people have weird problems, and you don't seem like a weird guy.'

Wow. Yeah. Very scientific, Dr. Philosoraptor.
              Does not surprise me, lots of these "book smart" doctors out there....get a second/third opinion.
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

fucking prius'... worst drivers in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                  seriously 100% gay
                  THIS.

And also THIS:

Originally posted by wannaBMthree View Post
                  fucking prius'... worst drivers in the world
                  Freaking hate those cars and all they stand for with a passion. Seems everyone that drives one is the same way.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

:( i cant fap to this :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ((((((

Comment

The roof looks gnarly dude. I can't believe it folded in like that, first I've seen.

If you don't get what you want, take the guy to court. Have an excel sheet of modifications and what it would physically cost you to replicate that car, have print outs of comparable e30's for sale, etc. Do your due diligence and you will come out alright. I've let a judge handle 3 of my accidents, it's the best route to go. Basically an unbiased 3rd party perspective v. penny pinching insurance agents. Small claims (no legal representation needed) is limited to $7,500 in California though. So you can always take the insurance settlement, then sue him for the remaining balance.

Just my for what's worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
                        The roof looks gnarly dude. I can't believe it folded in like that, first I've seen.

If you don't get what you want, take the guy to court. Have an excel sheet of modifications and what it would physically cost you to replicate that car, have print outs of comparable e30's for sale, etc. Do your due diligence and you will come out alright. I've let a judge handle 3 of my accidents, it's the best route to go. Basically an unbiased 3rd party perspective v. penny pinching insurance agents. Small claims (no legal representation needed) is limited to $7,500 in California though. So you can always take the insurance settlement, then sue him for the remaining balance.

Just my for what's worked for me.
                        I think that's what I'll have to do, but after talking to the adjuster today, USAA seems willing to play ball with giving me what the car is worth at this point.

Also, good news everyone: preliminary findings have the other driver at fault. :giggle:

Comment

That's good if you reach an acceptable settlement from the get go, I wish you luck.

Also what worked for me was simply a letter of demand. Summary: "Due to your negligence...blah blah blah, I'm requesting $5,000 (example) for the remaining value/repair of my vehicle to be paid by xx/xx/xx and settle out of court, otherwise I'll be filing for $7,500." It gives the person a major incentive...

Court = Time away from work, going to the court, defense preparation, a possible judgement against their credit, etc. Most people would opt out of that and simply pay your demand. (Keep it reasonable)

Comment

most people get out of their cars and ask if everyone is ok.

my first reaction would have been to immediately jump out and beat the drivers ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
                              That's good if you reach an acceptable settlement from the get go, I wish you luck.

Also what worked for me was simply a letter of demand. Summary: "Due to your negligence...blah blah blah, I'm requesting $5,000 (example) for the remaining value/repair of my vehicle to be paid by xx/xx/xx and settle out of court, otherwise I'll be filing for $7,500." It gives the person a major incentive...

Court = Time away from work, going to the court, defense preparation, a possible judgement against their credit, etc. Most people would opt out of that and simply pay your demand. (Keep it reasonable)
                              I hope I don't have to go to that extent.

Depending on the settlement, I've already figured out what vehicles are going to replace the E30.

But many people may be happy (or sad) to hear that I am also considering buying a clean E30 shell and swapping everything over and keeping it as a 2nd or 3rd car, or selling it to one lucky R3V member.

So if anyone knows of a clean Calypso Rot red shell that I can buy...

Originally posted by TeaJhey View Post
                              most people get out of their cars and ask if everyone is ok.

my first reaction would have been to immediately jump out and beat the drivers ass.
                              Oh believe me, I wanted to scream in his face "Do you fucking realized what you've just ruined you fat piece of shit!?" Being shell-shocked into submission kind of alleviated my anger, however...

Comment

Wow...Prius eco=hippie strikes again. That really sucks, but more than anything hopefully you won't have any permannent injuries. Another PERFECT E30 or bit of cash isn't going to make up for what could turn out to be a lifetime of pain/annoyance. Makes me VERY nervous about taking my car back to Atlanta; I'd hate for the Delphin curse to get me after spending so much effort on it. Good luck, and wring him for all he's worth!!!

Oh, and to all you Prius defenders that somehow made it on R3V:
                                There is no justifying a Prius. If you have one, you have given up on life; I don't care what else you own. Now go hug a tree.
                                sigpic'87 335i

Comment

Working...
                                X