For all you people that spend all this money on suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all you people that spend all this money on suspension

I've yet to see any e30's at autocross, or any driving events really. Why why why why why?
    Last edited by ramielm; 10-02-2012, 07:45 PM.

I daily drive mine, but I also autoX with it. I've had 3 class wins this year, 3 2nd places by literally hundredths of a second. I also instruct autoX in the M3.

Looks be dammed, I want the best handling car I can make. I don't care if the front end is a little taller than the rear. If thats the way it needs to be to get the suspension geometry right, so be it. The same thing with fender gaps.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Because not everyone is interested in autocrossing or tracking their cars? People have different opinions and different hobbies... Who would have guessed?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

don't hate whats wrong with wanting a good driving car on the street.I say driving around California probably as dangerous as a race track.doing auto cross events does not make you a race car driver either just a guy who wishes he was one.So they want a better handling car whats confusing about that?I have feeling you a little jealous nothing wrong with that We all wish we could have everything we want.ow by the way I wouldn't be one the guys on your list I only have H&R sport springs and shock tower strut bar
        My car is a e30 m3 .

Comment

form over function

Comment

ha autoX?
            guess all they have around you must be is straight roads and potholes huh....

there's nothing like taking some back roads home after work to unwind, banging through gears and hearing tires skrech gives me a 3/4 chub...

sorry OP you're missing out on the funz

Comment

Originally posted by rasputin View Post
              ha autox?
              Guess all they have around you must be is straight roads and potholes huh....

There's nothing like taking some back roads home after work to unwind, banging through gears and hearing tires skrech gives me a 3/4 chub...

Sorry op you're missing out on the funz
              yup!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I have a ton of suspension mods on my vert but never did any auto x or track (not that I can, stupid roof is missing)

However, I spent the money because i enjoy canyon runs on the weekend and there is nothing quite like out handling brand new pos cars.
                harry/harout

Comment

Troll?

Comment

I bought my coil overs so I can begin to track my car...and for looks, i like stance, but I also daily/double duty my e30. I have only done 2 auto X's, but honestly auto x is 1 minute of hard driving. Its the windy roads, freeway on-ramps, and fun turns you come across while dailying is why I LOVE my coil overs...

Just save....it sounds like you want coil overs.
                    It's also a way to buy and replace/upgrade all the old suspension we have on our cars...the GC kit, along with a couple bushings here and there, basically gives a brand new suspension to a 21+ year old car.
                    (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
                    1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

I paid a 1000 to be low and have a great ride. Improved ride, handling and the way it looks. Nothing wrong with that. Your an idiot O/p

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                        I want the best handling car I can make
                        +1
                        Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
                        I have feeling you're a little jealous
                        Also this. OP is basically hating on us for spending money on quality, functional mods.
                        Originally posted by 88SuperETABD View Post
                        I bought my coil overs so I can begin to track my car...and for looks, i like stance, but I also daily/double duty my e30. I have only done 2 auto X's, but honestly auto x is 1 minute of hard driving. Its the windy roads, freeway on-ramps, and fun turns you come across while dailying is why I LOVE my coil overs...

Just save....it sounds like you want coil overs.
                        It's also a way to buy and replace/upgrade all the old suspension we have on our cars...the GC kit, along with a couple bushings here and there, basically gives a brand new suspension to a 21+ year old car.
                        Agreed. Just because you may not use it 100% to it's full potential doesn't mean you shouldn't have it. I'd say that the one and only reason I could think of to not get coil overs is money. You can tune the rates and dampening for comfort if you want, and it'll still perform well.
                        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

You are all idiots, you shouldn't do anything to the suspension unless you are auto xing, you also shouldnt make it faster than stock unless you are planning on taking it to the strip, you are also a douchebag if you wear running shoes but do not compete in at least 3 marathons a week
                          1987 325ic
                          2001 996tt
                          2000 996c2 vert
                          2008 b7 s4
                          2008 ml550

Comment

to the OP, I'm guessing your regretting replacing your worn original shocks/springs with OE?

Also I dont get why you think suspension equals road racing.

Why not upgrade to sports suspension? Also lower suspension equals less airflow/turbulence on the undercarriage=improved mpg
                            Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                              I paid a 1000 to be low and have a great ride. Improved ride, handling and the way it looks. Nothing wrong with that. Your an idiot O/p
                              x2

i dont know why people care about what other people do to their cars

Comment

Working...
                              X