No announcement yet.

For all you people that spend all this money on suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see why everyone is hating on the OP? He was merely asking a question. Yes, there are quite a few people on here that spend lots of money on suspension and such. There are people that just do coil overs/springs and call it a day. Now they can get low and achieve their "form over function" look. Some of them tend to have nice looking cars and there's nothing wrong with that. They aren't worried about taking it to the track or autox, it isn't a big priority. They might rather win car shows, get on the covers of magazines, or just like to upgrade parts. Then there are people who tend to sort a car's suspension and go beyond the springs/struts/shocks and goes through all the bushings, mounts, and various other suspension parts. They adjust and fiddle with it until it satisfies their needs, then they take it to the track for races much longer than 1 minute.

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    OP is basically hating on us for spending money on quality, functional mods.
    Now this is a bunch of This "hater" stuff is just getting old. I don't really think that was the OP's intention at all, but that's just my

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

you all missed my point...I was using auto cross as an example, but surely spirited drives through the canyons and backroads qualifies. So quick to jump on somebody over here, sheesh! And i'm not jealous, I just wish I would see more e30's at these types of events. Sick of all the miatas and honda civics.

I've only had my car for 2 months but in those 2 months I've drag raced it (pretty embarassing) and autocrossed (not as embarassing). I wish there were more e30's involved in this, especially in the San Diego area, to show other people what this chassis is all about.

I wonder why you are all so defensive...maybe I came off wrong in my original post.

Comment

^ I think we all assumed you were one of those stuck up race car drivers who looks down on anyone who want to "stance" their car. I can't stand those kinds of people, as much as I can't stand stupid stancebros.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          ^ I think we all assumed you were one of those stuck up race car drivers who looks down on anyone who want to "stance" their car. I can't stand those kinds of people, as much as I can't stand stupid stancebros.
          lol I have an automatic convertible but I still have fun with it! It does have (soft) H&R suspension, and M3 cabs. At first I was just gonna "cruise" the car and got DR steelies and this soft suspension but I just can't stay away from competing. This is why the DR Steelies are for sale, and I have some D Force LTW's on the way. I'm selling the steelies and nardi wheel to fund a manual transmission swap and I'm gonna race the shit out of this car...with the top down :p

Comment

Move to washington. Daily sight seeing e30s at the track...

Comment

I like the change of suspension just for the feeling of what an e30 feels like after replacing 23 year old bushings with 95a poly. I have gone through all of my suspension and steering and could not be any happier with the output.
              I auto-x and do other racing, but I also love bombing through the hills and enjoying a nice spirited drive.
              I like the look sure, but its the function for me.
              But to each his own!

Comment

2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

ow my goshhhh I'm so sick of guys with e30 convertibles and automatics tracking their car than saying why so many guys with better e30's that have stick shift hard tops !
                  You erased your original thread yes it was kinda crappy pointless thing to say.
                  But any way who cares I drive a e30 m3 so I look down on every car J/k
                  Its all good but you were insulting guys who don't track their car saying they should not have a better suspension than you do.

Comment

first autocross I ever went to was in a bone stock legacy wagon, and I beat a fair number of faster cars that day.

Zero fucks given.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
                      ow my goshhhh I'm so sick of guys with e30 convertibles and automatics tracking their car than saying why so many guys with better e30's that have stick shift hard tops !
                      You erased your original thread yes it was kinda crappy pointless thing to say.
                      But any way who cares I drive a e30 m3 so I look down on every car J/k
                      Its all good but you were insulting guys who don't track their car saying they should not have a better suspension than you do.
                      i erased it because I came off the wrong way, my suspension actually isn't good and that's not what I was doing. I was just trying to motivate people to race moaaaar but I'm starting to think i'm on the wrong forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                        first autocross I ever went to was in a bone stock legacy wagon, and I beat a fair number of faster cars that day.

Zero fucks given.
                        It blows my mind how fast those miatas are, they were smoking corvettes etc..there was a guy with a stock looking ford focus that was actually getting very competitive times as well.

Comment

People do what they want with their cars. I used to think coilovers only belonged on the track but depending on your commute, they are perfectly streetable.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

yeah me too Cause telling people they need keep car stock unless track is for the douchebag.com forums lol
                            thats not what you wrote why else every one jump on you for it.some reasons why not every one races
                            they have a family.
                            they have jobs.
                            they dont want to ruin their car.
                            they don't have cash flow to own extra cars,tires,engines.
                            no time.
                            idiots on the track like on the street.
                            Who does not want to go to the track every guy on here .
                            you don't need to convince any one.
                            best to you just pullin your chain any ways but don't play all sweety pants and innocent now first you insult every one for suspension now you insult every one for not thinking like you and your on wrong forum. lol p.s just screwin with you chill who gives a crap its your opinion you have right to it good for you yeahhh

Comment

Originally posted by ramielm View Post
                              It blows my mind how fast those miatas are, they were smoking corvettes etc..there was a guy with a stock looking ford focus that was actually getting very competitive times as well.
                              yup look under their hood my guess is a 5.0 :)
                              just look at the e30 m3 stock on track kills them in the turns than smoked in the straits throw some HP and you have lethal combo like the miatas.

Comment

Originally posted by ramielm View Post
                                i erased it because I came off the wrong way, my suspension actually isn't good and that's not what I was doing. I was just trying to motivate people to race moaaaar but I'm starting to think i'm on the wrong forum.
                                You aren't on the wrong forum, this place just has a ...unique way of accepting people, just ask Vivek, and when it seems that someone is being hostile towards a large portion of the forum users a bunch of people pile on and defend those they think are being insulted. This forum really is a good one and it is full of great people and information. Just make sure that when you post something you word it carefully so that people read your post the way you intend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X