Hello r3vlimited new member with E30M ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello r3vlimited new member with E30M ?

Hey guys/gals. Im in new member here. Ive been a long time member at www.bimmerforums.com , and www.E46fanatics.com I currently have a track/DD 98M3 thats being rebuilt and a convrt 04M3.

Today I came across what seem to me, to be gold mine. The car in question is a 88M3. I thought I would consult the experts on E30s here to get peoples opinion. The car is alpine white, everything is original. Its currently owned by a lady who is the 2nd owner of the car. She works for a euro car service shop where the car currently sits. Since she bought it from a previous customer, she has service document history dating back to 1996. It just recently had the timing chain done and a valve job done. The interior needs to be reupholstered, the dash has cracks on top and underneath where the peddles are. I only saw one not so noticable ding on top of the car like something was dropped on it. All body panels seem to be straight, car has original paint and BBS wheels. Headliner needs to be replaced. Rear window is shot, no literally its shot haha, someone shot it out with a bb gun. So it needs replaced. It wouldnt turnover due to what she said was a bad battery. So if the battery is the only thing actually keeping it from turning over and considering a compression test comes back ok and underneath looks ok. I think this could be a great deal.

What do you guys think. I took pics of the engine bay, interior, some ext pics and one wheel. Yeah it needs some work, but seems like a great find.

opinions?

oh and it has somewhere around 222k miles

Comment

what is the price?

post up your pics!

welcome.

Comment

sorry she wants 7k for it

Comment

7k doesnt seem to bad.
          back window will be expensive and hard to source, and then theres also the engine work, the rest is just preference of work done but it would work without that.

including the cost of the car your probably looking at atleast 9-10k before its running with a back window i would speculate.

you should post up some pics! use photobucket.

Comment

Originally posted by aablown View Post
            Hey guys/gals. Im in new member here. Ive been a long time member at www.bimmerforums.com , and www.E46fanatics.com I currently have a track/DD 98M3 thats being rebuilt and a convrt 04M3.

Today I came across what seem to me, to be gold mine. The car in question is a 88M3. I thought I would consult the experts on E30s here to get peoples opinion. The car is alpine white, everything is original. Its currently owned by a lady who is the 2nd owner of the car. She works for a euro car service shop where the car currently sits. Since she bought it from a previous customer, she has service document history dating back to 1996. It just recently had the timing chain done and a valve job done. The interior needs to be reupholstered, the dash has cracks on top and underneath where the peddles are. I only saw one not so noticable ding on top of the car like something was dropped on it. All body panels seem to be straight, car has original paint and BBS wheels. Headliner needs to be replaced. Rear window is shot, no literally its shot haha, someone shot it out with a bb gun. So it needs replaced. It wouldnt turnover due to what she said was a bad battery. So if the battery is the only thing actually keeping it from turning over and considering a compression test comes back ok and underneath looks ok. I think this could be a great deal.

What do you guys think. I took pics of the engine bay, interior, some ext pics and one wheel. Yeah it needs some work, but seems like a great find.

opinions?

Buy the car immediately.

$7000 is rolling shell money these days.
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

in the process with the photos. yeah she SAID everything is in running condition. Just needs a new batt. Yeah im trying to find a rear window as we speak to get an estimate. No joy on pelican parts for windows. Is it the same window for a regular e30 as well?

Comment

agreed 7k is a good price id jump on it
                -His-
                87 e30 325i
                87 e24 m6
                05 e83 x3
                94 e32 740i 5spd
                -Hers-
                89 e30 325i
                18 f48 x1

Comment

Originally posted by aablown View Post
                  in the process with the photos. yeah she SAID everything is in running condition. Just needs a new batt. Yeah im trying to find a rear window as we speak to get an estimate. No joy on pelican parts for windows. Is it the same window for a regular e30 as well?
                  no sir both front and rear are different, both are also glued in i believe, normal e30's arent
                  -His-
                  87 e30 325i
                  87 e24 m6
                  05 e83 x3
                  94 e32 740i 5spd
                  -Hers-
                  89 e30 325i
                  18 f48 x1

Comment

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
                    no sir both front and rear are different, both are also glued in i believe, normal e30's arent

k thx...photobucket is slow

Comment

yup rear window is completely different.
                      its actually a part of the structure/rigidness of the car too.

but yeah what a steal.

Comment

Comment

yes buy it.
                          so worth it.
                          those wheels arent OEM BTW.
                          no idea what they are but there pretty cool looking.

Comment

ext paint doesnt look too bad, could get by with a few touch ups, a wax and buff, front grill needs replaced or repainted. I only took one pic of a wheel because their pretty much all in the same shape

Comment

:hitler:Buy now! Nao! Nowww

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Working...
                              X