Looking for an Aisin transmission list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an Aisin transmission list

I'm in the process of looking for a newer daily car. The e30's clutch is wearing thin my patience and my GF's partially injured knee (skiing accident years ago)

Anyway, I'm looking for a list of all of the auto trans vehicles that use this brand of auto tranny, as they are far more reliable than ANY other manufacturer (I'm sure many old 7 series would be on the road if they supplied BMW with their auto trannies as well).

I know they supplied Volvo and Toyota for decades, but I really dont' wanna over-priced Volvo, and most Toyotas are very boring. I dont' care if it's a RWD or FWD (as Aisin builds both) but prefer FWD for economy.

thanks in advance
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

I'm pretty sure fwd vs rwd doesnt make a huge difference in economy, its mainly the engine size and transmission speeds.

Also thought i had heard problems with this very brands auto boxes in volvos.

Try a auto e34/e39?
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Wow the old Volvo transmissions were aisins god that was the worst part of the damn car
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
        Wow the old Volvo transmissions were aisins god that was the worst part of the damn car
        BUT they never broke.

Heck, Aisin attributed to Toyotas/Lexus' reputation for reliability

Comment

This is the best I could find on the net so far...but no mention of actual models they were used in aside from many Volvo, Toyota, Jeep's etc.

Comment

Aisin? It has to depend on the car. My rx8 has 80k and I'm on my third transmission. It's such a piece of shit. It shifts amazingly smooth and rifle like up until the syncros go and they will go fast. Then you're grinding every gear.

Fuck. The transmission is almost as bad as the rotary engine. :/
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
              BUT they never broke.

Heck, Aisin attributed to Toyotas/Lexus' reputation for reliability
              ny moms broke , other than its was a really nice car in all other respects
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                Try a auto e34/e39?
                E39 auto transmissions are GM for early cars (pre-facelift) and ZF for late cars (post-facelift). They both have their share of issues. The Steptronic ZF (5HP19) in the I6 models is plagued by a design fault which requires replacement of the torque converter (because it throws a CEL which will fail an emissions test). Ask me how I know.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Spend any time on a Volvo forum. Everyone complains about the autos being weak and going out.
                  Originally posted by Sonny
                  I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I had a Volvo with an auto. It went out.

BW35 in a 122. Fun doesn't have to be fast....

... or nimble....

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Get a gm truck with an Allison now thats a trans that lasts
                      1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                      2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                      2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Working...
                      X