Sometimes I hate snow, Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I hate snow, Thoughts?

So about an hour ago I was leaving my school, its been snowing all day and about the first snow of the year. One word slippery. I pulled out at about 5-10 mph and there was somebody in my lane, i corrected one way then to the other. Long story short, instead of hitting the burm, I threaded the needle into a drive way into a nice big brown tree. Directly on my b-pillar, broke my driver's side window and now my door won't open. So my question is, thought on what I should do from here. I've put about 2000 dollars into it since last year, ideas?

Damn...that looks like some serious damage. Did you bend the frame or just the body panels? If it is just the panels, you might be able to loop a strap around the door and use an electric winch to slowly pull it out. Otherwise, you would need to bring it to a body shop.

Comment

Something tells me the more you dig into the damage, the more its going to look like a parts car.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

It's totaled. Best bet is to part it out and find a clean shell to swap any parts over.

Comment

That's like. A dusting........................................... .................................................. ............
          Parts car for sure. That's a pretty unforgiving spot that's pretty weak with forces in that direction.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't take much for things to get really slippery, especially with summer tires.

That sadly looks like a totaled car. Sucks.

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

She's a goner. Sorry.
              '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
              '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

It's fucked. Part it out. Seriously. That's a bummer. My snow tires are going on soon.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Yeah, that car's done. Sorry.

Comment

So i guess I'll be parting it out. Any idea what it's worth?

Comment

where the hell are you in norcal that has snow?

and, pull it out and go beater status.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

that sucks so hard, you should get a good amount for it it looks very clean
                        M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

God damn, here I am thinking my luck is bad and then I see this.

In my unexperienced opinion it is totalled : / looked clean

Comment

As it seems the car is deemed totaled, therefore I would suggest that you go out right now and practice more doriftos on snow as nothing really worse can happen anymore. So you are more prepared next time.

Comment

Just saw your parts car ad on craigslist. Sorry to hear mang.

Comment

Working...
                              X