Wheeler dealers Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheeler dealers Tools

Im watching Ed China right now on Wheeler Dealers, and as usual he seems to always be turning bolts with a regular combination wrench. I never see this guy using air tools or ratcheting wrenches, or anything that makes a mechanics life easier.

I just saw him reaching up into the engine bay of a lotus with an open end wrench to remove the nuts for the exhaust manifold. C'mon dude get some long extensions and swivel sockets!
    Does he use the simplest tools possible to make the home viewer better relate to the jobs hes doing, Or I wonder if he just has some weird condition where he likes to punish himself by spending 3 times as long removing each fastener

Ed China has but one wrench but he wields it fiercely. No nut is too perished.
    Current: Brilliantrot '91 318is M20B25
    Former: '88 M3 3.2L, '91 318is 2.0L, '90 318i, '85 325e 2.8L, '84 318i 2.0L, '84 318i, '90 325is
    wamchenry@gmail.com
    insta: @simple_machines

Comment

Wait... Spanner is the correct word isnt it.

And if the rust has caused the fastener to get a bit tattered and dodgy, hit it with a splash of penetrating fluid and see whats what

Comment

I've noticed that before too, either way Ed is a badass!

Comment

Ive been working on cars for about 13 years now and I also prefer hand wrenches over a "windy gun" lol i dont know why I just always find myself doing things the old school way. also Wheeler Dealers is my favorite show ever :)
          Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Also, production wise it makes sense. Remember, those are merely "takes".
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I love that show. Watch it everyday thanks to my DVR!
              sigpic

Comment

Wheeler Dealers is my favorite shower evar, and I love Ed China.
                sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                1991 318is - Sold
                1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

perhaps he has all but removed the bolt/nut with said tools, but flash forward to the point he actually removes the part and it's back to simple hand tools for production value/simplicity?
                  Just a little project im working on
                  - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

Lucas produces the electrics for all of the air compressors/tools in the UK. Thus, he uses spanners and hand tools.
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I just use a rope, glue and straight edge screwdriver for all my mechanical needs.
                      ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve
                        Hes in the UK right??? he does not want to pay the HUGE VAT and other associated taxes invlvoed with buying more expensive tools than he needs ;)
                        dem euro commies have it so bad they can't even buy tools! hahaha MURICA!!!

Comment

He does have a lot of shade tree work arounds. I just don't like the way Ed only addresses the rust on the top side. Most of the cars they do (unless from the U.S.) are rusty, crusty underneath. Rusty rotors and spindles, visible through the rattle can updated wheels, must be the standard in the UK I guess.
                          sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Mc View Post
                            Ed China has but one wrench but he wields it fiercely. No nut is too perished.

i burst out laughing.

i really like this show. even mike has grown on me.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                              Lucas produces the electrics for all of the air compressors/tools in the UK. Thus, he uses spanners and hand tools.
                              win
                              Originally posted by blunt
                              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
                              X