(hoemade) Turbo Build Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(hoemade) Turbo Build Thread!

This whole turbo build should only 2 weeks in total to complete so this will be updated often, Feel free to ask question and I will be sure to get back to you.

This was her when I picked it up last year. Found it on craigslist and felt like I got a great deal for $1200

Shortly after I bought GC coilovers with billy strut inserts an cut housings, along with ESM 003's 17x9 rears and 17x7.5 fronts

And not long after that I started to piece together a decent turbo setup for it, I still plan to DD the car so im shooting for 10psi, Ive done a bit of DFI tuning and things like that in the past so Im pretty sure the car will ok for daily use.

Here are some parts,

Well today I started the build, Got the AC and all that taken out. coil moved but not re mounted yet. Oil cooler removed "to be replaced" and got the intercooler where I wanted it and made some brackets and got it all mounted up. I forgot to take a finished picture but I will post that tomorrow.

Had to notch the core support a little bit for the IC to sit flush

Thats all for today, Tomorrow I plan to get a lot done so ill be sure to take a lot more pictures tomorrow.
    Build Thread

sigpic

Looks nice so far, hopefully Ill be right behind you in a few months haha. Just curious to why your going with a miller maf (if i seen that correctly) over ms?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
      Looks nice so far, hopefully Ill be right behind you in a few months haha. Just curious to why your going with a miller maf (if i seen that correctly) over ms?
      Well basically ease of use, this is going to be a daily driver and i really don't need to squeeze every ounce of power out of it. it will be perfect for what i need it for. I'm sure at some point in the future i will switch to MS but for now this will work.
      Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Are you changing the headgasket and upgrading to arps? Looks like a good start check the fitment of that adapter mine did not line up I ended up having to cut it and weld a sleeve to make it work
        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Which turbo manifold adapter is that? I'm just across the border in Erie if you ever need a hand let me know.
          My Eta Build Thread

Comment

What turbo is that?
            1991 335is in progress

Comment

I only plan to run low boost, few lbs at first to get everything all broken in, then shortly after its all together I plan to drop the trans and do a clutch, and pull the head for port polish and cam. At that time I'm going to do a head gasket and arp's. just getting everything all together for now.

It's an OBX manifold adapter and yes it didn't fit very well lol, I pulled the cast manifolds off and bolted everything together on the bench then slipped the manifolds with the adapter on and it fit that way. But I'll pulled everything off to take it all to get high temp powder coated,

The turbo is a garret 3076R with a precision cold side housing, anti surge housing is much better. 82AR on the hot side and 72AR on the cold side, it should be perfect on the 2.5.
              Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerJeff View Post
                Which turbo manifold adapter is that? I'm just across the border in Erie if you ever need a hand let me know.
                Ill for sure keep that in mind! Thanks sir! It's an OBX adapter
                Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Also I noticed my engine mounts are total crap, any suggestions on where I should get poly mounts from?
                  Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Also I noticed my engine mounts are total crap, any suggestions on where I should get poly mounts from?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-M20-...4&cmd=ViewItem

These. Run them on my race car, as do a few others. (Full disclosure: they're made by a friend of mine who races and supplies parts to e30's)
                    84' 325i -> PRO3 #304