Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance claims.. Need your help proving the value of my car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance claims.. Need your help proving the value of my car....

Had a nice little hydroplaning incident last night and I know how this game works, so I am already on the hunt for some info. Im sure they will total it and I will have to buy it back, but Seeing as I source all my parts, pay cash, and do all the work my self... receipts arent really much of an option. I basically need to collect comps in the form of other's insurance pay-offs, ads for similar cars etc.
    If you can provide me with a letter or anything you may have from your insurance company showing a higher pay-off (above $5,000) and/or if you se any ads for similar cars for sale, please let me know.
    Specs on my car:
    '91 318iS Skin top.
    Alpine White
    S52 with custom exhaust
    Clutchmasters Stage 4 coutch and JB racing flywheel.
    Getrag 260 w/ 3.73 LSD
    Brake cooling vents
    RX7/Corrado brake upgrade with M3 master cylinder
    Z3 steering rack
    Ground Control Springs
    Bilstein Sports
    Kmac camber plates
    Suspension Techniques Sway Bars
    m3 short shifter
    Custom dyno-tuned chip (240 whp)
    M-tech steering wheel
    Autopower 4-point cage
    iX basketweaves with H&R Spacers
    AKG adjustable trailing arm bushings
    AKG subframe bushings
    e30 M3 CABs
    Alpine Stereo system with amp and 12" sub
    Completely dynomated
    corner balanced
    Thats all I can think of for now.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!
    J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

does your policy have an appraisal clause?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

No. Unfortunately not.
      J. Farina

Comment

you are screwed, even if we can "prove" the car is worth more.

they go by the values of the cars in your area, usually same year or 1 year newer, that have sold recently. that's it. without an appraisal clause, they will give you the value of the closest car they can find in trim to yours.

especially if you want to buy it back, as you will "reuse" some of the parts, and they don't want to pay you to do that...

been there, done that with the last 2 cars i have totaled. and i have an appraisal clause...
        1988 325 "super ETA" - Hilde - M52B28 swapped...
        1969 2002 - Griselda - 20VT AWP swap and full resto in progress...

sigpic

project blog - http://www.cynicalmotorsport.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have been through this before as well and I actually got a claim paid out at $3500 after they originally offered $1500.
          I appreciate the feedback and I know others have struggled with this sort of thing before.
          But I also know this works.
          So thats why Im asking for this help.
          J. Farina

Comment

It will, in fact, be based on market value. The bad news is you may find it difficult to prove the value of your mods. The good news is by the same logic they are not likely to charge you much for salvage.

All that matters is the check.
            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
            Alice the Time Capsule
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Contact Auto Damage Experts, they recently helped me with my e30 that was in a little wreck, I got double of what the insurance first estimated. There cost is $320 and change up front, but if they get the insurance company to pay out more, that money is refunded to you by your insurance company. I highly recommend them, I am extremely happy. Contact Info below.
              1-888-868-9891
              Auto Appraisal and Diminished Value Services in Portland OR, Denver, CO, and Tampa, FL. Get a Post Repair Inspection for a Vehicle Value Assessment.

Comment

Wow! I had no idea! Thanks man! Thats a great resource! Can they do anything for you if you don't have an appraisal clause?

Originally posted by AlpineM30 View Post
                Contact Auto Damage Experts, they recently helped me with my e30 that was in a little wreck, I got double of what the insurance first estimated. There cost is $320 and change up front, but if they get the insurance company to pay out more, that money is refunded to you by your insurance company. I highly recommend them, I am extremely happy. Contact Info below.
                1-888-868-9891
                http://www.autodamageexperts.com/index.asp
                Last edited by JiXer; 03-09-2013, 12:08 AM.
                J. Farina

Comment

Working...
                X