The Great 2013 E30 Touring European Roadtrip

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bmw325_num99
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric
    On some days it's open, but run a little different. Cost like 30 euros for a 20 minute run session.
    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aleman
    replied
    Simply epic!

    Leave a comment:


  • Eric
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw325_num99
    Wow, I didnt know that the Grand Prix circuit was open for some touristfahrten. I have only ever been on the Nordschleife. As great as the old circuit is, it must have been pretty sweet to try the Grand Prix one too!
    On some days it's open, but run a little different. Cost like 30 euros for a 20 minute run session.

    Originally posted by mikeedler
    awesome picture!


    James, If your still in the eifel region, make sure you eat at the Pistonklaus, it's Sabine Schmidts mom's resturaunt. It's really good food (get the steak on a stone) and has tons of real racing heritage!

    To get there, go into the town of Nurburg, and when you see the brand new looking wood/log house, turn down that street. It's on your right about 30m after turning off the main road.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeedler
    [IdMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa42/mpower1469/e3011.jpg[/IMG]


    found this one James. Bet that nice soft 25y/o suspension was treating you guys good out there!
    Also see the drifter zip tie is still holding the lip on there.
    The rear suspension / open diff / tire hopping on power-out of the apex was certainly pure comedy, not as much on the big track, but on GP it was certainly hilarious.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Wagen
    replied
    Cool. Was there a lot of traffic? I'm guessing no because it's still winterish.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    I can't wait for the point-by story!

    Loving it!

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied



    found this one James. Bet that nice soft 25y/o suspension was treating you guys good out there!
    Also see the drifter zip tie is still holding the lip on there.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw325_num99
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    Preview of today.

    and, which was the best time I had.. the Nurburgring GP Track (IE same track they run Formula 1 on)
    Wow, I didnt know that the Grand Prix circuit was open for some touristfahrten. I have only ever been on the Nordschleife. As great as the old circuit is, it must have been pretty sweet to try the Grand Prix one too!

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Preview of today.



    and, which was the best time I had.. the Nurburgring GP Track (IE same track they run Formula 1 on)



    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by Berkut
    Saw it on the ring today a while ago, going good!

    I was driving a polish registered skoda yeti.

    hahahahahah, that is hilarious. We were commenting on WTF is a Skoda SUV doing on the ring.. turns out...

    I think that was our first session out there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Berkut
    replied
    Saw it on the ring today a while ago, going good!

    I was driving a polish registered skoda yeti.

    Leave a comment:


  • MT325is
    replied
    So now i can say i really hate you! this is like a once in a life time oppurtunity.. and your doing it! congrats man! love the touring!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • EddieNYC
    replied
    thank you for posting some amazing pictures

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    Today begins the adventure of my desire to import an E30 Touring into the United States.

    As we speak I am aboard a Lufthansa Flight (inflight Wifi FTW) from Seattle - Frankfurt. Once there we will hop about another flight to Nuremberg and grab my 1988 E30 Touring that Mike Edler painstakingly located and go up to road-trip condition for me.

    We will update as we go (and remember) but we expect to go from Bamberg to Nuremberg, to Nurburg (Nuburgring) to London, to Paris, to Monaco, to Italy, to Munich, and back to Bamberg. After that we will load the car on a boat and bring it back to Washington State.

    More to come!
    3,673 km, 35 hours That's not including the trip to Bremmenhaven or Rotterdam to drop it off. That's quite the road trip you have planned. Enjoy I know my budget would never allow for that type of Petrol consumption.

    While venturing to das Ring you should have a mini gtg with the Spangdahlem/Ramstein guys.

    Have fun!

    Leave a comment:

Working...