No announcement yet.

new 325i vert - Bay Area BMW Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got new tires and had them mounted to the original rims that came with the car. Much nicer.

Comment

Looks very clean!!

Comment

Originally posted by darkcolor.666 View Post
        Looks very clean!!

thanks! it's got 178k on it but it's been very well maintained. The guy I got it from bought it off the showroom floor in 1990 and kept every maintenance record on it over the years. It is due for a timing belt though as I'd mentioned. It's got heated seats , cruise control, the a/c actually works and blows cold and all the speakers work!

Comment

How much did you paid if you don't mind asking? It's hard to find one nowadays with only 1 owner and full maintenance records.

Comment

$3500.

Comment

start a new thread in members ride or project
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

JB Autoworkz in Hayward. They know their stuff and have a shop in SF also. Very experienced in BMW, Porsche, and all euro cars. Quality work and reasonable.

Also, Performance Techniques in Pleasanton or Livermore one of the best in the Bay.
                Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                www.BavRest.com
                My Feedback Thread
                Our Facebook!
                Follow our Instagram!

Comment

looks like mine except i have a tan top and tucked bumpers(to each his own right?) i was in the same boat as you. I skipped the TB as my first task and sent it to a shop for that. I have been working/modifying the car since then and have learned so much i could take on a TB now. So either dive into it head first, or wait and get more familiar with the engineering and mechanical aspects of the car. Either way, GET IT DONE!

Comment

r3vlimited member Cabriolet is doing it for me this Sunday. I ordered the parts last night. TB kit, water pump, a fuel line and some seals and such that it needed. I'm sure I could do it but I don't have time. Anyway, the car is going to sit in my garage until the TB is done, I don't want to take any chances.
                    I did go out to the car Saturday morning to find that none of the windows would go up or down. Turned out to be the original looking fuse. I'm carrying a spare fuse kit with the car now :)

Comment

[QUOTE=-holiday76;3715574]Thanks guys!
                      Actually the pic is from Santana Row Where i bought the car, but maybe thats the same place you're talking about.
                      Anyhow, i will get ahold of Cabriolet , especially since i work in campbell.
                      I picked up the car this afternoon and its awesome. Well, except that the driver seat is leaning at a weird angle and the rims need to go asap. I got the stock rims with the car too.

Santana Row is right across from Valley Fair (or as it is now called WestField Mall) . So yes same place!

Good choice having Eric / Cab do the work!

Bottlecaps with new tires do look better than those other "ghetto-fabulous" rims that were on your vert. I dont have an extra bottle cap center cover but next time I go to the yard I will keep my eye out for one.

Comment

Nice score! I just traded my factory bbs weaves or I'd send them out your way.
                        09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                        05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                        87 BMW 325is
                        a few bicycles

Comment

Well , how'd it go? LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X