No announcement yet.

decent car but someone needs to put down their crack pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a great looking car and sounds like it was well cared for. I would see $6-7K being a fair price, $10 is getting up there.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

srsly?

a 2 page thread over a clean-ish e30 that's slightly overpriced, and you think the owner is on "crack"?

cmon now.
      Originally posted by flyboyx
      i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

yes crack. you are from new york and you have your pick of rusty cars up there. here in texas, a rusty car is an anomaly-actually more like a pariah. it is really nice that the seller appears to be really honest and appears to have disclosed every little thing. down here e30's are pretty common because they don't rust. you can find decent rust free cars for 2-3k all day long. really nice modded cars like that one with no rust sell around here for way less than 6 thousand bucks.
        Last edited by flyboyx; 05-10-2013, 08:54 AM.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I love the "Needs AC recharge but no indication of leaks" so all that freon just disappeared out of your AC system magically I guess.

Comment

well, it may be absurd, but really - prices aren't going to go in the other direction. So many of them are getting trashed or were already - "hey, look at my rusty drift car!!! I have stickers and a roof rack!!!".

I haven't seen an E30 as nice as the one in that ad since I was at the E30 picnic 3 years ago. Seriously - nice E30s don't exist. I see E30s all the time still, but they're usually dirty, broken, or rusted/hipstered, but never nice.

I had a thought about the whole hipster thing. Yeah, I liked E30s before the hipsters did (such a hipster thing to say!), but think about it - we're non-conformists driving a 25 year old car. My peers all drive Camrys and trucks and other vanilla bullshit - so in a way, we have more in common with the hipsters than we'd like to admit.

What I really don't get is being so proud of how dirty/shitty your car is, but I suspect that trend won't last as those cars will be the first to disappear and all that will be left are the $10k examples. Unfortunately that means the days of finding a pretty clean E30 for $2500 are either gone or will be soon.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              well, it may be absurd, but really - prices aren't going to go in the other direction. So many of them are getting trashed or were already - "hey, look at my rusty drift car!!! I have stickers and a roof rack!!!".

I haven't seen an E30 as nice as the one in that ad since I was at the E30 picnic 3 years ago. Seriously - nice E30s don't exist. I see E30s all the time still, but they're usually dirty, broken, or rusted/hipstered, but never nice.

I had a thought about the whole hipster thing. Yeah, I liked E30s before the hipsters did (such a hipster thing to say!), but think about it - we're non-conformists driving a 25 year old car. My peers all drive Camrys and trucks and other vanilla bullshit - so in a way, we have more in common with the hipsters than we'd like to admit.

What I really don't get is being so proud of how dirty/shitty your car is, but I suspect that trend won't last as those cars will be the first to disappear and all that will be left are the $10k examples. Unfortunately that means the days of finding a pretty clean E30 for $2500 are either gone or will be soon.
              And I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Last time I checked, someone who cleaned their cars and kept good care of them weren't the ones replacing it with another hunk of shit 3 years later. I guess it's cool to blow money due to ignorance...
              1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
              2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
              2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Working...
              X