opinions on model year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on model year

about to become new to the E30 family. have an opportunity to purchase either an 88 325i convt, AT, or a 91 325ic convt, manual trans. mileage on both about the same 115-130k. assuming all things equal mechanically, any opinions on the model yrs would be much appreciated.
    thanks.

88 model year is diving boards but late model guts, the 91 could be a plastic bumper with late model guts. All in all I'd much rather go for the manual model over the automatic unless you need an auto for some odd reason.

Comment

Go with the manual. And I like plastic bumper cars better also.
      sigpic

Comment

Both are convertibles. The 88 should have ellipsoidal headlamps and a non airbag wheel. The 91 will have inferior sealed beams. Bumper and facelift conversion for convertibles is late 91, so it's possible for the 91 to be a facelift car.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
          88 model year is diving boards but late model guts, the 91 could be a plastic bumper with late model guts. All in all I'd much rather go for the manual model over the automatic unless you need an auto for some odd reason.
          thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
            Both are convertibles. The 88 should have ellipsoidal headlamps and a non airbag wheel. The 91 will have inferior sealed beams. Bumper and facelift conversion for convertibles is late 91, so it's possible for the 91 to be a facelift car.
            thanks a bunch

Comment

Manual late model for sure.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                25 year old elipsoids are hardly a reason to choose one car over another.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Check for rust. Then make your choice.
                  http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/

Comment

Late model cars when they were built got a anti-rust treatment on the body panels. So on the late model there shouldn't be as much rust if any. My '89 325iS only has rust on the replacement early model hood. PO's fault.
                    Originally posted by blunttech
                    so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

Working...
                    X