Loud & Clear Car Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loud & Clear Car Audio

Woot! I finally have a store! OMFG, I signed the lease!

Woke up friday morning last week from a phone call. Man on phone is Peter, the guy who I have been trying to rent a space from. Nice location on Main street here in town. Only problem is that he has nothing available in the front of the complex, just a shop in the back. More a warehouse than a retail location. He was willing to let me have my sign on the street, though.

I have been subletting space from a sign company my girlfriend manages. Cold and dark...HUGE too, but not much room for me to work in, plus no signs, etc.

Ask Joey Link, it was freeking cold and huge. Shitty, too, but free.

Peter tells me he has just found out he has a store opening in the front of the complex...small, but nice!

At this point, it is just a warehouse with a bay door and a normal "man door", a bathroom (with heater!) lights and a heater. 50A circuit for 220, concrete floor, etc. 1500 square feet...perfect.

Cheap. Really cheap. Nice condition. Peter tells me he hasn't had an opening in 4 years up front. Can have 4'X8' sign on Main Street. Can build illuminated sign if I want, pole has electricity. Directly across from 4X4 shop, next to big ass tire shop, near the entrance for a sawmill (500+ employees) AND I can be as loud as I wish.

This is a dream in this shithole town. I could just cry.

I am gonna be open in a day or two, and will be doing 2 little jobs today, plus a big job is coming in. ($2500 in a boat that already has a deck) I have been working 12 hours a day getting things done. I have to make a temporary sign, until I can do an illuminated sign.

I get my 3rd stock order today. GF has been working her ass off on QuickBooks, Signs are on the van, walls will be going up shortly.

Gotta build office, benches, miles of pegboard, set up air compressor, lots of shit.

GB on Memphis will be soon...boat is going all Memphis, will post pics of gear.

Sorry for ranting here guys, but I am really excited. Call me if you wanna, phone will be running friday 2/10/06 (or so they say)

Loud & Clear Car Audio
    2600 Main Street
    Suite F (as in FUCK!)
    Springfield, OR.
    541-747-1171

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

YAY!!

I'm so happy for you Luke.

R3V'er's get 5finger discounts yes?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

congrats, im sure everyone has thought about opening a buisness, its good to see someone doing it. good work. best of luck.
      Dan

Comment

... online store?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Yeah you should run an online or one of those ebay stores. Get your name out there and thousands of people will see your products everyday. Simple way to expand your retail business.
          Back to my roots

Comment

Good luck!!

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

good for you luke..... i hope everything works out well for you. I am currently working a deal with my real estate agent... i will post more details if it goes through today (in a new thread of course). But i know how excited you are, I know that I am.

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Congrats Luke! That is really exciting. My good friend just finished getting the license for our new media company, which I am doing web design and photography for. If you want a web site for your store, let me know.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Congrats! That's awesome and sounds like an awesome location. When I first saw the title I thought it was a local shop, which is also called Loud and Clear car audio, lol.

-Dan
                  never enough money...

'95 240sx base - RB25DET in progress
                  '87 325ic - Project daily

Comment

Word. Congrats man. What brands are you going to carry?
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Wow,a bunch of quick responses. Thanks for the encouragement!

Products will be few in brand names, since I do not want to carry much inventory at this point.

Memphis: Full line speakers, subs, amps, processors.
                      Stinger: Cables, sound deadner, terminals, wire, etc.
                      Sound Quest: Cables, amp kits
                      DLS: Serious high end mids and tweets: Scan-Speak, Vifa, Peerless (still working on these)

I really don't plan on carrying decks under about $300. I send people to WalMart for the cheap stuff. JVC, Blaupunkt and Pioneer...for about the same price as anyone on the web sells for.

Decks are also special order only at this point. I get deliveries every wednesday, so no biggie.

Alarms are my biggest selling point. I carry 2 brands, Audiovox and a generic Taiwan product. The Taiwan has no brand name at all, is cheap and kicks ass. 2) 2way paging remotes, remote start, keyless, full alarm is $400 installed...best price in town by $150

Ken, TJ, I can get a 7MB DSL connection for $45/mo. What do I do to host my own? I have a Celeron 600 sitting, can bump to a 866 PIII on 512MB RAM...do I need more of a PC to run a weenie little page? All I want is some pics of installs and such. What OS would I want? I hear I can get a legit copy of XP really cheap....

More later.
                      Thanks so much for all the good thoughts...gotta go work!

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Luke, I don't know anything about hosting (other than how to buy it ) or server boxes so I can't help you there, I was just talking about designing an actual web site for you.

RISING EDGE

Comment

I'd talk to James about a server and whatnot.

Sounds like you'll be carrying some nice stuff. When are you going to get the DLS stuff in?
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

how much for an alarm uninstalled? I'm in NC ;)
                            ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer
                              how much for an alarm uninstalled? I'm in NC ;)
                              True that... sounds like a nice alarm, but I don't know if I have the patience to install one.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Working...
                              X