Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ive always been a fan of the 1/2JZ but holy crap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    All I want for Christmas is to be able to do third gear rolling burnouts.
    This

Comment

Originally posted by lowsodium View Post
      Meh, give me 300hp and I will be totally happy. Its no fun driving a car that roasts the tires so easily.
      I'd rather drive a slow car "fast" then a fast car slow.
      And let's be honest, no matter how great we all think we are behind the wheel, most of us cannot come close to taking full advantage of the power our cars came with stock. More power is just a mask for the part of our car that could most benefit from improvement.

Comment

I has a big turbo 2JZ in my E30. Its fun.
        Last edited by SLEEPYDUB; 08-17-2013, 05:25 AM.
        - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
        Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

Pantless, are you sure that is the motor in that car??? Hard to tell but it looks a lot like this car. Turbo S38

Originally posted by Xat1cZ View Post
          l
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

that car in the bimmerfest video is donovans(bmwsob) its a fully built m5x variation pushing 850+whp, running low 9's in the 1/4.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
              I'd rather drive a slow car "fast" then a fast car slow.
              And let's be honest, no matter how great we all think we are behind the wheel, most of us cannot come close to taking full advantage of the power our cars came with stock. More power is just a mask for the part of our car that could most benefit from improvement.
              Exactly. Have you ever done a track day in an e30? If you do, you will pass almost every Corvette on the track.
              Last edited by Cephas; 08-18-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Bretts turbo m52 embarrassing a gtr.

I believe hes close to running 9s.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas View Post
                  Exactly. Have you ever done a track day in an e30? If you do, you will pass almost every Corvette on the track.

Thats because of drivers not the car. Equal drivers, Corvette would destroy an e30. More hp, more brakes better cg. Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by LSM3 View Post
                    Thats because of drivers not the car. Equal drivers, Corvette would destroy an e30. More hp, more brakes better cg. Come on.
                    That's exactly the point I was making...

Most people can't utilize higher power, better handling cars. Hence the reason why I'd rather drive a slow car fast (e30) vs a fast car slow (corvette).

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas View Post
                      That's exactly the point I was making...

Most people can't utilize higher power, better handling cars. Hence the reason why I'd rather drive a slow car fast (e30) vs a fast car slow (corvette).
                      Because they start with a car above their skill level. You have to make that jump some time. My car is 2700lbs 350ish hp. Just cause you have all the power does not mean you have to use it. I guess that's just common sense to me and some people miss that. There is something to be said for ringing out a car to the max though. I loved my s14 for that but getting passed sucked. Lol

I would still rather have the GTR. You can make a Yugo fast it's still not a GTR. I got stuck in the hp wars. Now I I'm thinking of selling my M3 and getting a GTR. I'd still probably get 700 hp out of it though. Lol

Comment

you people bore me. Ohhh id rather drive the car to its limits than limit the drivability....
                        dude shoved a ton of fun into a light car. it's fun dummy. He isn't trying to beat vettes around VIR.
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

wats goin on in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                            wats goin on in here.
                            Gay boys talking about horseponies or something?

Cliffs?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                            Ig:ryno_pzk
                            I like the tuna here.
                            Originally posted by lambo
                            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Did someone say 2j?

This is actually my friends car. Stopped by yesterday and he had the motor ripped out, melted a couple pistons. Apparently his boost controller wigged out and maxed the s256.

In it's current form: Except now a s256, the turbo he was using was waayy too big and wouldn't even hit 7psi until 6k or so.

No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by LSM3 View Post
                                Because they start with a car above their skill level. You have to make that jump some time. My car is 2700lbs 350ish hp. Just cause you have all the power does not mean you have to use it. I guess that's just common sense to me and some people miss that. There is something to be said for ringing out a car to the max though. I loved my s14 for that but getting passed sucked. Lol

I would still rather have the GTR. You can make a Yugo fast it's still not a GTR. I got stuck in the hp wars. Now I I'm thinking of selling my M3 and getting a GTR. I'd still probably get 700 hp out of it though. Lol

Keeping off topic.. The GTR is an amazing piece of engineering but I would never want a car thats going to correct mistakes that I make on the track. To many electronics. I dont see it as a drivers car. More of a rich guy that cant/doesnt want to build a car and cant/doesnt want to learn to be a better driver type of car.

Comment

Working...
                                X