How to Shop for new seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Shop for new seats?

First, my apologies if this is the wring section.

Now I find myself wanting to invest in some supportive and comfortable seats for my e30, but Im quit lost on how. I've been rocking the mkiI Recaro's for awhile, but honestly they don't provide the support I need.
    Yes they look great in the car, but now with my hair falling out and aging I want real support and comfort. Plus the wife doesn't enjoy riding with my, because "baby got back"!
    Best I can tell Recaro does not have "showrooms" to test out seats, and the nearest Sparco dealer is 4hours away.

Aside from just buying a pair based on my measurements and hoping how do you decide which seats to buy?
    I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

did you not like the stock sport seats? i find them to be wonderfully supportive, provided the bolsters and leather are in good condition.

Originally posted by mccor023 View Post
    Plus the wife doesn't enjoy riding with my, because "baby got back"!

also, please verify via photo.

Comment

I honestly have never sat in Sport Seats. Mine came with Comfort seats so I just slide all around, and when I was looking I just found the Recaro's.
      i also prefer cloth to pleather or leather. I thought bout maybe trading for nice cloth sports, but I have never seen them.

Comment

Sport seats are pretty comfy but I don't think they're any wider than the recaros you're running already. My wife also has a backside and she has told me the seats aren't all that comfortable for her.
        - Josh
        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
        Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

recaro sportster cs.

Originally posted by blunttech
          Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

this ^

I just got a pair, best seats i have ever sat in, everyone who has sat in them has agreed, if you are more than 250lbs they might not work for you though.

1987 325ic
            2001 996tt
            2000 996c2 vert
            2008 b7 s4
            2008 ml550

Comment

Recaro doesn't have showrooms but you might be able to find a dealer who does, there are several places around me who stock all sorts of seats that you can try first. I would recommend against buying seats you haven't sat in.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cferb View Post
                Recaro doesn't have showrooms but you might be able to find a dealer who does, there are several places around me who stock all sorts of seats that you can try first. I would recommend against buying seats you haven't sat in.
                Thanks, I still haven't found a Recaro close by but Im going out tomorrow to try Sparco.
                I definitely have hesitation dropping $1-2k on seats based on reputation alone.

Comment

Trust me, the stock e30 sport seats are 9999x better than the comfort seats. I too had my car come with comfort seats, and you slide all over its ridiculous. I got sport seats and i swear it felt like the car handled better because I actually sat still and didnt slide around. So if you dont want to drop tons on recaros etc, just stick with oem sport seats. Look great and are very comfy
                  Current:
                  1989 325i
                  1988 M3
                  1987 325ic
                  Past:
                  2001 330ci
                  2001 M3

Comment

What I did was seek out people at a local autocross. Just talk to people and ask to sit in their seats, that's how I figured out what fit me best.
                    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

check out guten parts. Levent has a shit ton of awesome seats right now
                      1991 335is in progress

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                        What I did was seek out people at a local autocross. Just talk to people and ask to sit in their seats, that's how I figured out what fit me best.
                        Now there's a good idea.

And just for clarification I ditched the comforts long ago, but Im considering replacing these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377887855.950762.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	7159958

Comment

Originally posted by mccor023 View Post
                          Now there's a good idea.

And just for clarification I ditched the comforts long ago, but Im considering replacing these:

[ATTACH]76095[/ATTACH]
                          those are perfect for the e30, i had them in mine, why would you want to change?
                          PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

See first post. Better support, Im aging and need lumbar. :)

Comment

What about "vaders" out of an e36 M3? They don't look all that great IMO, but they are very supportive and comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                              X