Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'70s rides, decade of disaster or delight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine 70s ride. Brand new engine from Ford Motorsport and i can drive it whenever i want to :)

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
      yes the 64-69 was an A-body and 70-74 was an E-body.

How about a 76 Plymouth Feather Duster? It isn't no race car, but built for economy in mind. Used aluminum parts, included aluminum replacements for the inner hood, trunk bracing, bumper brackets, and intake manifold, cutting weight by 180 lb (around 5%). It had a smaller single barrel carburetor, economy distributor calibration, large exhaust, and a 2.8:1 rear axle ratio, with a choice of three-speed automatic or four-speed overdrive manual transmission. Got 22/31mpg with Auto and 24/36 with manual. (from valiant.org)

Haha, One of my best friends in high school was daily driving a Duster while he was working on his GTO...

Comment

Pontiac GTO

[ATTACH]76410[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
          ^^ Yes, '70 Chevelle SS 454 is the car my dreams are made of

YES. 1970 Chevelle SS with the 450 horse LS6 454 and a Muncie m22 "rock crusher" 4 speed. OR you cant go wrong with a ram air 3 455 GTO judge. ORRR a Buick GSX stage 3. 510 foot pounds of torque baby!!!

I have a love for GM A bodies. not as much as Bimmers but I have all three of thoes cars parked in my ***DREAM*** garrage next to my 1982 Supra, E30 m3, E30 vert, 318is, E46 M3 and my E-type jag.

Heres my contribution to this thread
          79 Sabb 99 turbo

1979 celica Supra
          = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Please pardon the pun, but the Banditmobile represented part two in the Trans Am's '70s career!;D

Movie trailer

Burt's Boid

Comment

Chevrolet Nova

[ATTACH]76411[/ATTACH]

Comment

'74 Opel Manta?

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                  Well TECHNICALLY, the 2002 and E9 were 60's design cars, but they did extend into the early 70s

I really loved Datsuns of that era though. 510s and 240zs were awesome, still want to own some one day
                  The last 2002s were made in '76 and were actually quite different then the 60's ones. Even the body shells were different structurally.

I think there were definitely some sweet rides in the 70's. Not many of them were US car makes though. The US had sweet rides in the 60's.
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by totheredline View Post

Heres my contribution to this thread
                    79 Sabb 99 turbo

I know where to find one of these locally in WA. Not sure if its a turbo model but its the same body type. I have never seen this body type before in person.
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Let's be realistic here, the muscle and true sport cars of that generation were pretty cool. Everything outside of that can be summed up in one car.

I present:

1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
                      1990 325i 24v
                      1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

Love these:

Dad had two 1978s with consecutive serial #s when I was a kid. Remember playing in them all the time. Wish I had been old enough to start driving before he sold them to some race car guy in Delaware.
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by andrewm View Post
                          Let's be realistic here, the muscle and true sport cars of that generation were pretty cool. Everything outside of that can be summed up in one car.

I present:

The smaller bumper Gremlins are a little better looking..

AMC/Rambler may get a bad rap. But when modified, they will scream!!!

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Opel kadett. Yes please

Originally posted by blunttech
                            Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                            :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                              The smaller bumper Gremlins are a little better looking..

AMC/Rambler may get a bad rap. But when modified, they will scream!!!
                              Randall American dropped a 401 V8 into the Gremlin.:devil:

Gremlin 401-XR

AMG's Red Pig was actually a 6.8 liter machine that came 2nd in the 1971 SPA 24 Hours, and went through a lot of gas in the process.

Mercedes Finny

Comment

how about trucks? i love my 79 Bronco

Comment

Working...
                                X