Newbie here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here...

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am new to the forum and the e30 world and can tell you have your poop together.

Currently don't have a car yet but I am looking. My initial reason for looking for one of these is for getting out and doing some road racing (nothing serious, just track days) as a friend is egging me on to do. You can race anything, but all the reviews have said that the e30 is a fun car to race and generally throw around. Ultimately, that's where I want to be.

But, I also wouldn't mind a DD out of it either for a while or forever. They look great, seem to be very comfortable and are super simple to work on. Great supplement to my motorcycle and my 4Runner.

And then, I saw the M30 swaps and fell in love. My grandfather had an 87 L7 with that engine and I always loved flogging it around. And since I love crawling through junk yards and am reasonably mechanically inclined, that should be an easy job if I want to do the swap eventually.

So there. Just felt I had to do an introductory post so that folks don't think I just came out of no where, jumping into threads and shiz.

CSB.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Welcome. Lemme know if u need some used parts.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    ---------------------------------
    89 E30 S52
    ---------------------------------
    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

welcome. what is your budget?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Thanks fellas!

I am looking for a project so somewhere around a $1,000 or so. The only thing I want to avoid is a trashed body. I can handle mechanical, electrical and interior, but bodywork...no can do. I don't mind having to get it painted.

DJ, I recognize your car from CL down here. Great looking car. And way too nice for me...and my price range. Ha!
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
        X