Designer E30 - Is there such thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designer E30 - Is there such thing?

Magnus Walker Porsches are fetching some serious cash.

Then there are the Singer Porsches.

Can you imagine car enthusiasts willing to spend this kind of money on an e30, or any other old, modified car?

Or when it comes to iconic older automobiles, Porsche is just at another level?

Is anyone building killer E30s for a profit right now?
    monoblanco
    www.passportsoccer.com

No, that's a totally different market. Besides the fact that Porsches (and 911s in particular) being much more recognizable as "sporty status cars" and a lot more people having emotional attachments to Porsches or 911s, Porsche buyers are a LOT more willing to spend that kind of money on a specialty car. They do need to try not to look like all the other 911s after all.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

His cars are nicely built, but 300k? Seriously? I would expect 100-125k tops.

Comment

I really think you underestimate the market for a great model that is perfectly modified, not every one wants a stock example. I heard of a recent e30 M3 that was modified/restored selling for over $50k. The price is what the market sets

Comment

Originally posted by 89AlpineM3 View Post
          I really think you underestimate the market for a great model that is perfectly modified, not every one wants a stock example. I heard of a recent e30 M3 that was modified/restored selling for over $50k. The price is what the market sets

I agree. There is people out there who would be willing to spend big on an E30 M3. Only not as many as you would need to sustain a company solely dedicated to build killer E30s.

Another company that does something similar with older 4x4s is Icon. I just love the notion of taking an older car and making it better.

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
          His cars are nicely built, but 300k? Seriously? I would expect 100-125k tops.
          It's not so much about the car as much as it is about who built it. Magnus Walker already achieved legendary status in the Porsche community. Sort of like what you would expect to pay for a Picasso sketch.
          monoblanco
          www.passportsoccer.com

Comment

Holy cow. I've worked on his str. Sat in it played with the steering haha. Guess thats the most expensive car I've touched to date. Nice.

He's a great dude to work with. Passionate about cars, always wants to chat about his projects and my input about his designs. 300k only shows how much respect the Porsche community has for him. So I guess the price reflects his name as well as the car.

Last edited by E30_Pare; 10-16-2013, 01:06 AM.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

We will always have Vlad.
              ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

Originally posted by xat1cz View Post
                we will always have vlad.

lol !
                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Xat1cZ View Post
                  We will always have Vlad.
                  you win

Comment

Hahaha.... Vlad does the opposite, brings the value down...

Comment

I could see Levent/GPS and Jakeb ending up getting to this place, actually, there are a lot of driven e30 guys werking it in the background, and I'd love to see ALL of them succeed like this!

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        I could see Levent/GPS and Jakeb ending up getting to this place, actually, there are a lot of driven e30 guys werking it in the background, and I'd love to see ALL of them succeed like this!
                        They're a cottage industry, not really restricted to the E30. Either way both are making quite a good name for themselves but not the same as magnus or singer IMHO.
                        - Josh
                        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                        Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

does my interior count as designer?

maybe mine is worth $300k as well
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

the e30 does not hold the cachet of a 911, even with enthusiasts.

i don't think any BMW does, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                              the e30 does not hold the cachet of a 911, even with enthusiasts.

i don't think any BMW does, actually.

Truth.

Also, Magnus and Singer are not even on the same page imo.
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X