No announcement yet.

The Official 2014 Formula 1 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vettel has always been a douche. F1 has always been about engineering, but I would really like to see a more driver-centric race. At least between more than 1 team, which hasn't happened in quite some time.
    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

MB is kicking butt and I think Hamilton will win his 2nd drivers championship this year, Lewis made the switch at the right time, McLaren is too busy building road cars.

Ricciardo looks to be the real deal, too bad he had that 2nd place finish taken away.

Comment

Is anyone still interested in that Torrent site to watch F1? I just dropped my cable, couldn't take anymore (specially after Massa pit stop) so now I'll just watch from the PC ( I even had beer and chicken wings for that race ).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nick_318is View Post
          MB is kicking butt and I think Hamilton will win his 2nd drivers championship this year, Lewis made the switch at the right time, McLaren is too busy building road cars.

Ricciardo looks to be the real deal, too bad he had that 2nd place finish taken away.
          I agree with all of this. If Jenson doesn't start looking elsewhere I'm going to have to start questioning if he's actually desirable to other teams.
          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
          Originally posted by mbonanni
          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

That or he is comfortable making a ton of money being pretty good at his job that let's him travel around the world doing what he loves (endurance racing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Pit stops now and then...

Observe how the art of the Pit Stop has evolved since 1950Created by the channel CpatainCanuck. Footage used taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0bg...

Also a little more insight in to Mercedes Engine this year.

Don't miss a Formula 1 moment – with the latest news, videos, standings and results. Go behind the scenes and get analysis straight from the paddock.

Who wants to do this to an e30 now...

Comment

^1st video-I thought that was Felipe Massa's pit stop on his Chinese Grand Prix. Video below in Portuguese. Official Brazilian Commentators dubbed onto video. Very funny.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                sigpic

Comment

Definitely starting to look like from today's quali in Spain that Hamilton is already well on his way to a championship this year, and Rosberg ain't too damn happy about it. I'm really excited to see if a strong rivalry between them develops. Did anyone see the post-quali press conference this morning? Rosberg made a point to say how he's very disappointed to come in second behind Lewis.

Comment

2014 Vettel haters be all:

Race 1-4: "see this proves he's a mediocre driver."
                    Race 5 Vettel goes 15th-4th: "see it's only because Newey designed it."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

:rofl: He is a good driver but not a great driver, I'm 50/50 with what people say of Vettel and it reflects with how ricardo is competing as well.

Massa continues to disappoint me sadly...

Comment

I think it's funny how delusional people get when it comes to drivers they do or don't like. I don't like Lewis Hamilton very much, but I can still acknowledge that he's a great driver.
                        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                        Originally posted by mbonanni
                        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Def not a vettel fan but he clearly had the drive of the day..... The race was like 75% over and the commentators said he is in 5th, I thought well he needs to pit again..... wrong. Great drive and they ought to give merc a run in Monaco. Redbull still have a good chassis. I think vettel is very skilled and also benefited from having a car developed around him. But thats the perks of being a number one, alonso clearly gets the same treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                            I think it's funny how delusional people get when it comes to drivers they do or don't like. I don't like Lewis Hamilton very much, but I can still acknowledge that he's a great driver.
                            Agreed. I think it's crazy how nutty people get over the alonso deepthroating, or the kimi love & especially the vetted hate. I get the vettel hate though, it's always cool to hate the one on top. I just stumbled upon this drive from 2012, quite an impressive drive like last weekend!

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                            Def not a vettel fan but he clearly had the drive of the day..... The race was like 75% over and the commentators said he is in 5th, I thought well he needs to pit again..... wrong. Great drive and they ought to give merc a run in Monaco. Redbull still have a good chassis. I think vettel is very skilled and also benefited from having a car developed around him. But thats the perks of being a number one, alonso clearly gets the same treatment.
                            Rumor mill says kimi was not too pleased with the strategy call that favored alonso.

Comment

The inter-team battle at Mercedes was good stuff. I know people have been critical of Lewis as a driver, but there's no denying he's good. Especially in the rain. The communication between him and his engineers was interesting.....how he questioned some of their strategy. He was really pushing what was left in the car during the final laps. What do you guys think? Was Lewis right to question them or did the engineers make the best call?

Vettel's drive was impressive....it was like shades of Alonso during the 2013 season and his sub-par Ferrari. He gave the absolute maximum to get the results he did.

Bottas continues to impress me - good things are in store for this guy. Hulkenberg's drive seemed to fall flat in Spain. Not sure what happened, he managed to get just 1 point. Maldonado had an eventful weekend for all the wrong reasons. He's not cut out for this top tier racing.

Jon
                              Rides...
                              1991 325i - sold :(
                              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Most impressive considering the track. Almost all his passes were done going into turn 10 under braking. Clearly the rb10 is a stable car. Makes me wonder if his chassis was comprised as this was his first race with a fresh car.

I see kimi taking the gloves off soon. Another race like this and ferrari is where the fireworks will be imho. Its seems the car is geared more towards alonsos style than kimi. Mercedes seem to be playing it pretty even. Love what lauda said about letting them fight as long as they have a good cushion. Savy P.R. move, and it keeps them front and center with camera exposure. How many races last year did vettel get on camera for the first two laps, a pit shot, and final lap.

Comment

Working...
                                X