No announcement yet.

The Official 2014 Formula 1 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i put F1 on the back burner this year, the races i watched with more priority were....
    1) DTM
    2) MotoGP
    3) Blancpain Sprint & Endurance series
    4) Tudor
    5) Pirelli World Challenge
    6) 24 hours of Nurburgring
    7) Lemans

Comment

Looks like they scraped double points and standing restarts. At least they have some sense. . . .
      -tim
      Originally posted by Jordan
      I like the stance
      -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Bleh, what a disappointing final race. It ruined my Sunday.
        Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

so it's the dynamic duo of Alonso and Button for Mclaren Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by mcr_driver View Post
            so it's the dynamic duo of Alonso and Button for Mclaren Honda.
            Pretty awesome, I'm so excited to see a Honda powerplant back in a McLaren, as well as a new manufacturer to the sport. Everyone pretty much knew Alonso would go to McLaren, and I'm glad they decided to keep Button instead of Magnussen.

Comment

Ya me too. I don't know how great Honda will be next year. I mean did the RA108 even have an ERS?

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                Ya me too. I don't know how great Honda will be next year. I mean did the RA108 even have an ERS?

That was also 5 years ago. The sport has changed a ton, and they've got a hand up because while the other manufacturers were struggling with engine problems and such. Honda was still in open development to fix these problems and improve on other aspects of the power plant.
                Originally posted by flyboyx
                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                Originally posted by Northern
                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

^Kinda wondering how it will work with Honda entering a year late while everyone else is essentially frozen. Will their engine have the split turbo setup of the works mercedes team? Or did they have to submit plans at the same time as everyone else? If not that gives them a huge advantage in being able to learn from others and apply it even when the other teams cant modify their engines. I would imagine Honda will be making as much hp as the Merc if not more. The engine wont be the problem on the McLaren in my opinion. FA would not be headed their if he didnt think they were setup for success in the immediate future.

Also Honda may not have been involved with the first go around with KERS but McLaren have had one of the best and most reliable KERS/ERS systems for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                    ^Kinda wondering how it will work with Honda entering a year late while everyone else is essentially frozen. Will their engine have the split turbo setup of the works mercedes team? Or did they have to submit plans at the same time as everyone else? If not that gives them a huge advantage in being able to learn from others and apply it even when the other teams cant modify their engines. I would imagine Honda will be making as much hp as the Merc if not more. The engine wont be the problem on the McLaren in my opinion. FA would not be headed their if he didnt think they were setup for success in the immediate future.

Also Honda may not have been involved with the first go around with KERS but McLaren have had one of the best and most reliable KERS/ERS systems for some time.

FIA will HAVE to unfreeze the engines, or McLaren and Honda will be next years Mercedes power. Same thing to be said with Audi in 2016.
                    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                      FIA will HAVE to unfreeze the engines, or McLaren and Honda will be next years Mercedes power. Same thing to be said with Audi in 2016.
                      Nothing is guaranteed and they're already having some teething issues. We'll see how much they'll be able to iron out by winter testing. I'm rooting for them. I'm just hoping they'll be able to at least challenge the Mercedes next season.
                      Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                      Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thirty View Post
                        Nothing is guaranteed and they're already having some teething issues. We'll see how much they'll be able to iron out by winter testing. I'm rooting for them. I'm just hoping they'll be able to at least challenge the Mercedes next season.

This is true.. But still, FIA should unfreeze the engines to allow the teams to become a little more "even". Of course Mercedes is going to bitch about it because of how far ahead of it they are, but Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                          That was also 5 years ago. The sport has changed a ton, and they've got a hand up because while the other manufacturers were struggling with engine problems and such. Honda was still in open development to fix these problems and improve on other aspects of the power plant.
                          That's exactly my point. Until they start putting some time on these engines on the track, they may be worse than Renault (relatively)

Comment

Honda is putting their name on the line, and at minimum, they and Dennis will be targeting race wins. Williams is also gaining momentum. The success of either will keep me watching the show.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Haas F1 just bought the now defunct Marussia Factory in the UK.

Motorsports coverage includes news, highlights, rankings and more spanning NASCAR, Formula 1, NHRA, ARCA, MotoGP, IndyCar and more auto racing circuits.

Comment

Now this is what f1 should be about

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.p...1000hp-engines

Comment

Working...
                                X