$1500 to spend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob
    until you realize how much you're paying for a single...
    You're talking to someone who almost bought an LS650. I like lazy bikes.

-Charlie
    Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
    '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
    FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert
      LOL - Invest it. HAHAAHAHAH .

Thats a riot. 1500 invested today in a stable investment with no risk = 4%. So your 1500 $ earns you $60.00 in a year. So then you have 1560.00
      Gonna retire on that? If you pull the 60 $ that you gained after a year you pay short term capital gains taxes on the $60.00 profit and you are left with about $45.00.

So you go ahead and invest it! Not worth doing UNLESS you add to the investment over the course of the term. Then it becomes a bigger number and thus compounds at a greater rate of return. ING Direct is the best and safest way to invest and get 4 % on your money. No risk.

Instead, try this. Search your own heart and think about the question , "what would really make me happy"? Then make up your own mind to move the funds in that direction. Dont be a spineless jelly fish that needs to seek the approval of others just to spend your own money.
      The point is you dont try and get quick money with investing. Ever heard of the miracle of compounding interest?

I say buy the motor. Like I said before you can always make more money another day. But I voted for Rob.
      Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236
        The point is you dont try and get quick money with investing. Ever heard of the miracle of compounding interest?

I say buy the motor. Like I said before you can always make more money another day. But I voted for Rob.

You take $1500 and compound it over 20 year and see what it actually gets you. Average 4 % a year without a ton of risk.

1500.00 $ without adding anything per year and an assumed 4 % rate of return will yield one 3,286.68 over 20 years.
        3,286.68 - the 1500.00 = $1786.68 long term profit which will then be taxed at 20 % if you sell the investment 1786.68 - 20 % (357.34) = $ 1429.34

Compound interest calculated here http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator...calculator.htm

For 20 years of your life saving that 1500.00 you yield a return that is less than 1500.00 at its maturity.

Ever heard of it takes money to make money?

Comment

You take $1500 and compound it over 20 year and see what it actually gets you. Average 4 % a year without a ton of risk.

1500.00 $ without adding anything per year and an assumed 4 % rate of return will yield one 3,286.68 over 20 years.
          3,286.68 - the 1500.00 = $1786.68 long term profit which will then be taxed at 20 % if you sell the investment 1786.68 - 20 % (357.34) = $ 1429.34

Compound interest calculated here http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator...calculator.htm

For 20 years of your life saving that 1500.00 you yield a return that is less than 1500.00 at its maturity.

Ever heard of it takes money to make money?

BBB...bb.bb..bbbut I read "rich dad, poor dad", it said if I put away 200 bucks when I'm twenty, I'll be a billionaire when I'm 65! (or 80, or 125).

I hate messageboard investment bankers, I appreciate someone bringing tech.

-Charlie
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
            BBB...bb.bb..bbbut I read "rich dad, poor dad", it said if I put away 200 bucks when I'm twenty, I'll be a billionaire when I'm 65! (or 80, or 125).

I hate messageboard investment bankers, I appreciate someone bringing tech.

-Charlie
            Dont believe everything you read.

I bet you hate more than just informed financial advise as I have read some of your other posts and find that you HATE quite a few things.

A word of advice. You are not searching well for technical information on this forum if you choose to search in a catagory that is clearly marked General Discussion. Please limit your search to the forums that might produce the technical information that you seek.

Perhaps rather than trolling the forums looking for something to hate your time could be spent more productively? What fun would that be right?

Here another post for you to hate. Start now.
            Last edited by e30vert; 04-18-2006, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Dont believe everything you read. I bet you hate more than just informed financial advise as I have read some of your other posts and find that you HATE quite a few things. Dont worry your not alone in that regard as I find that quite a few others on this board hate all kinds of things and voice it often.

Perhaps rather than trolling the forums looking for something to hate your time could be spent more productively? What fun would that be right?

Here another post for you to hate. Start now.
              Bro, I was agreeing with you. Put down the bong.

-Charlie
              FYYFF

Comment

ROFL.

A bit defensive today evidently.
                BEERTECH

Comment

hahahah

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    ROFL.

A bit defensive today evidently.
                    Man, I'm re-reading my post again. How the fuck did he not pick up on the sarcasm?

-Charlie
                    FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                      Man, I'm re-reading my post again. How the fuck did he not pick up on the sarcasm?

-Charlie
                      Im always on guard and apologise if I missed the part where you stated , "Sounds like someone has taken the time to weight the financial possiblities and was trying to be of help"

Thanks for that comment though and I appreciate it.

I was trying to point out that the concept of compounding interest works best with larger numbers and/or if someone contributes additional funds regularly to thier initial investment. These points are sooo often missed by the young investor.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by grapedrink
                        What to do with the money.
                        Send me a check for the money that you owe me since spring of 2005?

Comment

Originally posted by alex
                          Send me a check for the money that you owe me since spring of 2005?

?

Originally posted by DaveCN
                          Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

Buy conoco phillips stock that way you get paid when you fill up check there stock $ history they pay, where Exxon and BP don't.

Also on that note Valero Stock they own the most refineries in the US.
                            E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Originally posted by grapedrink
                              ?
                              EDITED.
                              Last edited by alex; 04-19-2006, 08:10 PM.

Comment

lol A guy I work with has about $2400 coming to him and his decision is between a motor swap in his Subaru, a crotch rocket, or a laptop. I guess women are right; all guys ARE the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X