• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1450bhp F1 BMW Turbo

pretty advanced IMO for 1986...

http://youtu.be/4JIXPqgwQHk
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

I absolutely love seeing the transition from mechanical to electronic when showing the tuning in the garage. Very informative vid!
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

this is like the re-post of the entire internet. :p

still cool 20 years later. BTW, the ~1400bhp rating was actually the maximum the dyno could read.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I know where a few M12s are for sale. I HAVE considered swapping them into my M10 car. Yes officer, that IS the original motor
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

What is the purpose of being able to adjust the turbos from cylinders 1-3 and 4-6? Why would these not be boosting equally?

Comment

Originally posted by MasukBMW View Post
              What is the purpose of being able to adjust the turbos from cylinders 1-3 and 4-6? Why would these not be boosting equally?
              I didnt see the video, but I can tell you that the motor is a 4cyl, so Im guessing the 1-3 and 4-6 is probably BAR of boost. so the 1-3 would be ~15-45lbs of boost and then 4-6 would be ~60-90lbs haha

Those motors were insane. I want to boost a M10. someone buy my car so I can do stupid things
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Piss on the m10 literaly. At least thats what the engineers did.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  I didnt see the video, but I can tell you that the motor is a 4cyl, so Im guessing the 1-3 and 4-6 is probably BAR of boost. so the 1-3 would be ~15-45lbs of boost and then 4-6 would be ~60-90lbs haha

Those motors were insane. I want to boost a M10. someone buy my car so I can do stupid things
                  Yes, I believe you are correct! It was the same on Senna's Lotus 98T, which by the way is probably one of the best turbo F1 cars of that era.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                  Originally posted by scabzzzz
                  I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                  1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                  2002 325i - DD
                  2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
                    Yes, I believe you are correct! It was the same on Senna's Lotus 98T, which by the way is probably one of the best turbo F1 cars of that era.
                    Actually, at the point in the video that he is talking about Jackie Stewart is talking about a 6-cylinder Ford.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                      Actually, at the point in the video that he is talking about Jackie Stewart is talking about a 6-cylinder Ford.
                      Yeah, I realized that after watching it that it was a completely different car he was sitting in haha.

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                      Originally posted by scabzzzz
                      I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                      1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                      2002 325i - DD
                      2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Still my favorite BMW engine. Second is S38 and third S14.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

I'm in the process of building my m10 from the group up with a turbo. I just sent a head to Bimmerheads to have them rebuild it. Then i'm rebuilding the block myself and assembling the turbo stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yours available now for only 45000 dollhairs

M12 are the shiznitz. It was BMW's "piss-on-all-you-haters" engine back in 1983

Comment

Working...
                            X