• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should help with the issue
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MokinWeet View Post
      Really starting to lean towards boost. The only thing that worries me is the tuning.
      Boosted M60.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
        Boosted M60.
        Last edited by Massimo; 10-06-2014, 10:17 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Turbo setups caught a bad rap over the years because of people being really stupid... for instance, when I was younger and didn't know jack shit about cars I had a "knowledgeable friend" help me turbo my miata. He, I shit you not, tuned it "by ear". Amazingly enough it lasted a few thousand miles before blowing up.

Step 1: Always rock a wideband, even if people tell you "you'll be good, I've got a sweet ass map that works great on my car, use it".
          Step 2: Let off the throttle if you start getting a stoich leaner than 14ish:1
          Step 3: No mystery step
          Step 4: Profit

Just follow these steps (especially 2) and you'll avoid most of the disasters that could cause you worry.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
            Turbo plumbing is expensive...

t
            Indeed.........

the cheapest POWER solution is to take an oem 325 and bolt on turbo,,, easy 350 ponies
            with a good setup
            Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
            ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
            E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

Originally posted by Alpina View Post
              Indeed.........

the cheapest POWER solution is to take an oem 325 and bolt on turbo,,, easy 350 ponies
              with a good setup
              I was considering selling mine and getting a 325e, slapping an I head on and going for boost. The only thing is that I wanted to do this to my car because it's already fucked up. I'd hate to buy a straight body e30 for what I plan to do with it.

And guys, I'm deciding wether to boost or to swap, not what to boost after I swap it haha. Kinda kills the budget aspect of it.
              1991 318i Sedan

Comment

Im confused as to why you think turbo plumbing is expensive? intake shit is dirt cheap, exhaust is cheap if you can weld (i cant weld but i made that shit happen because jew), jakeb has m42 turbo mani's that im sure are affordable. If tuning is your biggest scare then have someone else do it. Easy as that. Or do jakes kit. Ive heard nothing but great reviews and if youve seen any of his builds you'll know the quality is top. After this winter Im thinking about getting an m42 car to dd and Ill definitely get his kit. den i haz twin m42t's :)

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
                  Im confused as to why you think turbo plumbing is expensive? intake shit is dirt cheap, exhaust is cheap if you can weld (i cant weld but i made that shit happen because jew), jakeb has m42 turbo mani's that im sure are affordable. If tuning is your biggest scare then have someone else do it. Easy as that. Or do jakes kit. Ive heard nothing but great reviews and if youve seen any of his builds you'll know the quality is top. After this winter Im thinking about getting an m42 car to dd and Ill definitely get his kit. den i haz twin m42t's :)
                  I was only nervous about tuning because of how green I am to boost. After sleeping on it I'm actually wanting to play with a tuning program. Am I going to be disappointed with the power I get from an m42 for the price?
                  1991 318i Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by MokinWeet View Post
                    I was only nervous about tuning because of how green I am to boost. After sleeping on it I'm actually wanting to play with a tuning program. Am I going to be disappointed with the power I get from an m42 for the price?
                    Depends how much you spend.
                    The added bonus is that with a boosted M42, you get very close to stock M42 economy when off boost around town.
                    Going to boost mine once some more money comes in. Aiming for 250-300hp.
                    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

How about a boosted M30B34. More reliable than both m42 and m60 and Can be had for cheap....
                      = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

What radiator is that on that turbo m60?

Comment

Jakes Kit includes tune and everything you need.

Sent from my SGH-T769
                          Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                          LED Bulb Thread
                          R6 LED Review

Comment

I helped a friend with a cheap M42 turbo build some years ago, stock internals except for M50 non vanos 135mm rods for super low compression :) He gave that engine a real beating and it worked great! I think it was like 230whp due to too much back pressure, otherwise 300whp should be fine.

E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                            E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                            E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Still can't make up my mind. It's basically a cost battle at this point. I've heard of a member(espirit I believe) who did an inverted header turbo and seems to be happy with it. Is this something that I should consider or would I be better off buying a kit or going v8
                              1991 318i Sedan

Comment

V8, every single time.

It doesn't matter what you do to the M42, it will always be lacking cylinders.

Comment

Working...
                                X