No announcement yet.

N54 Turbo Kit 829whp/781wtq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's amazing that the internals can hold up to that much power! My question is, how does the tranny hold up?

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
    1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
    2002 325i - DD
    2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
      FTFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by BLACKCHARM88 View Post
      lmao, well done.
      Ha! I lost it. Well done Brandon.

Impressive numbers, I can't even imagine what 800+ WHP feels like.
      91 318is M50 swapped
      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
        That's amazing that the internals can hold up to that much power! My question is, how does the tranny hold up?
        Are you sure it's on stock internals? They don't mention anything about that..
        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

A local here just placed his order for this last night!! cant wait to see it all done up
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
            It says it in the description, 100% stock motor.
            Last edited by gtdragon980; 10-24-2014, 03:33 PM.

I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
            2002 325i - DD
            2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Impressive dyno numbers. I wonder how the power translates to actual driving. :razz:

Comment

those number must be on race gas?

Comment

The N54 is a beast. Yes stock head and stock internals.
                  -Nick
                  Originally posted by 87e30
                  First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler View Post
                    The N54 is a beast. Yes stock head and stock internals.
                    Preach!
                    N54 had some teething issues in the beginning (hpfp, turbo waste gates, water pumps, things like that) but most of those are solved and it really is an enjoyable motor even on stock turbos. I love mine and can't wait until I can run a big turbo set up on it.
                    The only engines I have heard of blowing were improper tunes or water/meth malfunction under boost. Other than that I don't think anyone has actually found the limits on the stock internals/head yet.
                    1990 325i 5spd
                    09 135i 6spd m-sport package

Comment

The N54 apparently has cast pistons and forged rods and crank from factory. At least that's what I read on another forum...

2002 325i - DD
                      2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

even if its e85 or race gas, still impressive.

i have to agree with gtdragon, its the drivetrain holding what its most amazing. thats what, 3 times the stock torque?
                        ---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

i can't imagine anyone running 829whp on the daily. At least to the point where they need to redline it. The odds of someone with a car like this coming in contact with another car with similar power while just daily driving are pretty slim. This car would only need 2/3 of that power to destroy most cars on the road (I'm talking about mildly tuned subarus, evos, etc). Of course someone with this in their stable would be more interested in taking on other heavily modded vehicles in which they would need all 829whp.

My point being, I don't see why the drivetrain wouldn't hold up for an acceptable amount of time. Of course this definitely increases the wear and tear by a lot, but the driver wouldn't be taking it to the max all day long. I'm assuming someone with this much power would know when it's time (i.e. heavily modded car) to use all of that power and when it's time to just clown around with say 500whp.

that said, god damn, thats a dope car. the e90 has been growing on me more and more lately.
                          ***Affordable Powder Coating Here:***
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=1#post2074588
                          *** Bay Area/NorCal Fender Rolling Here: ***
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...29#post1989029

***If you've ever bought anything from/dealt with me please add feedback!!:
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=137611***

Thank You!

Comment

its really crazy out there, i mean ... 700hp hellcats? 560hp M5s? you dont need to run into the supercar territory to see some serious power.

i wouldnt run a 829whp 335i, mostly because i wouldnt expect that engine to last too long at 2/3 the power, even worst for 100%.

plus its not only the drivetrain, tires and brakes, will go up in smoke with that much power. you will end up changing rubber and pads as often as you fill up your tank.

now for the weekends ... it will really make you smile :)
                            ---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

id drive it everyday lol i don't live to far from work

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                                Why not there are guys out there running up 550hp on stock M5x engines and they were not built for turbo, N54 is built to boost. The power dose not surprise me at all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X