X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's how much power is needed to make an e30 do 200mph

420hp

Originally posted by blunttech
    so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

420 isn't that much. not sure I'd want to do 200mph in an E30 or any car outside a racetrack..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

If only it was that simple.

Comment

Took me 488bhp with only 4 gallons of gas in the tank.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

the aero dynamics on a e30 suck.

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
            the aero dynamics of a brick suck.
            ftfy
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
              the aero dynamics on a e30 suck.
              ~.33 cod isn't too bad. what the E30 really has over modern cars is a small frontal area. a modern "3" series has a lower cod but the frontal area is much greater.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i've data an old "motor" magazine article for the 325ix and 325i it lists the Cd as 0.38 which isn't surprising given its hardly a sleek design.

of course Cd x A is the proper way to compare cars
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

the earlier ones were worse than the later ones. I'm pretty sure I saw the face lift 325is at .33
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    the earlier ones were worse than the later ones. I'm pretty sure I saw the face lift 325is at .33
                    data was from 1987, but with different spoilers, rideheights, bodykits, rear wings and wheel widths etc results may vary
                    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

yeah, pretty sure the earlier cars were a bit taller, or at least had a bigger air gap up front. BMW did actually wind tunnel test the facelift design, the is spoilers are supposed to reduce drag by a couple %.

also, if you want brick shapes - E30s hardly have any square corners compared to say, a 1979 ford Fairimont. ;)
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

IIRC, the M3 actually has a worse drag coefficient than the standard iS.
                        Originally posted by blunttech
                        so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by Silverdogz View Post
                          IIRC, the M3 actually has a worse drag coefficient than the standard iS.
                          That's due to the extra downforce the M3 produces.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            also, if you want brick shapes - E30s hardly have any square corners compared to say, a 1979 Volvo 245DL ;)
                            ftfy
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Wider tires cause a good increase in drag as well - or so I've heard.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X